Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Would Clemson win the Big12 before SCar wins the SEC?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

Would Clemson win the Big12 before SCar wins the SEC?

May 21, 2012, 12:59 PM

?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have an equal chance if we never even join the BIG 12***

May 21, 2012, 1:01 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's funny right there***

May 21, 2012, 1:02 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Point.

May 21, 2012, 1:06 PM [ in reply to We have an equal chance if we never even join the BIG 12*** ]

And I would bet Missouri or Texas AandM would win before them as well.

Wouldn't shock me to see Missouri make a good run at the East this year.

And once Spurrier is out...it will all be back to normal in Cootland.

When Lattimore leaves for nfl....***

May 21, 2012, 2:24 PM

Re: We have an equal chance if we never even join the BIG 12***

May 21, 2012, 1:42 PM [ in reply to We have an equal chance if we never even join the BIG 12*** ]

We probably have a BETTER chance of winning the SEC than they do.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

POTD. Someone buy this man a beer***

May 21, 2012, 1:59 PM [ in reply to We have an equal chance if we never even join the BIG 12*** ]

thanks for the early afternoon chuckle!***

May 21, 2012, 2:01 PM [ in reply to We have an equal chance if we never even join the BIG 12*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes

May 21, 2012, 1:02 PM

we at least have a better chance, and we're still in the acc. spud,you type faster than me.

Message was edited by: sgt tiger®

Re: Would Clemson win the Big12 before SCar wins the SEC?

May 21, 2012, 1:09 PM

It is highly unlikely they will ever win the sec, so Clemson might win the Big Ten, Pac Ten, Big 12 and ACC before they win the sec.

Is Oklahoma and Texas at the Alabama and LSU level?

May 21, 2012, 1:09 PM

That's what you have to ask yourself, first.

I'd say currently, no.***

May 21, 2012, 1:12 PM

The bad news is that we won't be going in "currently".

May 21, 2012, 1:19 PM

Poor Duke. She pretty much lived in Durham to cover them***

May 21, 2012, 1:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Yes

May 21, 2012, 1:28 PM

The Big 12 has great football teams, but it's not quite as hyper competitive as the SEC. Clemson has a better chance of winning it than SC has of winning the SEC. Anything is better than no chance.

Yesterday, Sarge said that the Big 12 was the equal of the

May 21, 2012, 1:35 PM

SEC (now I'm paraphrasing) now, with the expected expansion. Stanley said that the Big 12 was better than the SEC last year. Now last year, 5th place (and number 8 in the nation), South Carolina, blew out clemson by 3 touchdowns. Looks like some clemson fans are trying to have it both ways.

Re: Yesterday, Sarge said that the Big 12 was the equal of the

May 21, 2012, 1:44 PM

We also blew out Auburn. How did that game work out for you guys?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2012, 1:51 PM

As was proven last season, one game does not sum up a whole season. We finished number 8 in the nation. You guys limped to number 22, well behind a lot of both SEC and Big 12 teams.

You were number eight becuase of preseason polls

May 21, 2012, 2:20 PM

If you really think that most teams ranked behind oyu wouldn't have torched you then you are just like I think you are, which is dilusional. We were 22 yet there were teams ahead of us that we had beaten namly VT. Rankings mean little to nothing to me, it's all about who you actually beat during that year that I care about and most of your wins came against teams with losing records

Re: You were number eight becuase of preseason polls

May 21, 2012, 2:23 PM

Rankings mean nothing to you until they work in your favor. And we did actully blow out you by 3 touchdowns.

So? That wasn't the point of the discussion

May 21, 2012, 2:30 PM

You whipped us congrates, but your're the one that keeps bringing up you were No. 8 in the country yet you have nothing to show for it, are still considered irrelevant by the country as a whole, still get no air time or recognition from ESPN and other shows/stations. And ran through a cupcake schedule and STILL failed to win your division where the only decent team you played was UGA and your D won you that game.

Re: So? That wasn't the point of the discussion

May 21, 2012, 2:33 PM

Who cares how we won the UGA game? Sheesh.

We finished number 8 in the nation, including whipping your butts for the 3rd straight year and won our bowl. We are good with that

So you admit that you don't care about losing you division?

May 21, 2012, 2:37 PM

All that it takes to keep you happy is beating us, winning bowls that people don't care about, and finishing ranked in the top 25? All of that will get you a whole lot of nothing. Wht do you have to show for accomplishing all of those things last year?

A true fan always wants more and for their team to succeed to the best of their ability. We won our division and conference but that doesn't matter to us as we want more. We expect more and even if we join the Big12 or whereever, we will refuse to accept being mediocre and will demand that we play on the level of the other great teams that are around us. We aren't comfortable being in a good conference and using that to justify our worth. We'll earn it ourselves by being one of the best in that conference.

If you dont feel the same then I am sad for your sake.

Re: So you admit that you don't care about losing you division?

May 21, 2012, 2:40 PM

I said Top 10 where the elite are, not 25.

We shall see how you do in the Big 12. We shall see.

Yes we shall. However you didn't answer my question

May 21, 2012, 2:42 PM

Are you really perfectly okay with beating us, finishing ranked in the top ten, winning meaningless bowl games, without winning your division or conference?

Let's say that UGA wins the SEC east next year but finishes ranked behind you for one reason or another, would you really be okay with them competeing for the conference like they did this year despite you accomplishing all the points that you yourself have said is satisfactory for you?

Re: Yes we shall. However you didn't answer my question

May 21, 2012, 2:53 PM

Of course we have higher goals. But when you finish among the elite at number 8 in the nation, it's hard to complain about that. Heck Southern Miss, Arkansas State and Georgia Southern won their conferences. So what? I have no desire to play at their level. Everybody wants to be the best. But there are 120 teams out there. When you finish number 8 out of 120, as Jack Nicholson would say, "that ain't bad".

May 21, 2012, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Yesterday, Sarge said that the Big 12 was the equal of the ]

Another fair question: will Clemson ever win as many ACC basketball championships as SC has?? (remember SC has been out of league for almost 40 yrs and still has more championships)

Or what comes first, Clemson winning in the Dean Dome or hell freezing over?? Or, will anyone ever give up more points in a bowl game than Clemson did??

Or, since the space shuttle was tested and now discontinued, all since Clemson won a Natl Championship in a major sport, can we ask what comes next, Clemson winning a Nat'l Championship or man setting foot on Mars??

Wake Forest says hello, you just saved their chance for playing post season!!

The arrogance of Alabama

May 21, 2012, 6:24 PM

and the trophy case of Vanderbilt. You chickens are so freakin' predictable.

May 21, 2012, 1:50 PM [ in reply to Yesterday, Sarge said that the Big 12 was the equal of the ]

You guys need to ask yourself a serious question: when we join the Big XII and wind up playing in the BCS championship games, what will your latest excuse be (again) for failing to win the weak SEC east?

May 21, 2012, 1:55 PM

There were 4 Big 12 teams that finished ahead of clemson last year (5, if you count West Virginia). Time will tell.

May 21, 2012, 2:02 PM

No arguing that. But we're still re-building, and you're facing improved competition. I know two players @ SCAR who both tell me you're not as good as last year on either side of the ball.

May 21, 2012, 2:11 PM

Honestly, I'm getting "better than ever" reports from those VERY close to the program. If you go to the Big 12, you will be facing improved competition. The fact is that pre-season polls have us ranked in the Top 10; you are outside of it (not surprising since you have major rebuilding jobs on both lines of scrimmages).

You'll be knocked out of the top 10 very very quickly

May 21, 2012, 2:21 PM

you don't have the cake walk you had last year in terms of a schedule. Stop acting like you ran through a difficult line up of teams

Re: You'll be knocked out of the top 10 very very quickly

May 21, 2012, 2:23 PM

We destroyed you.

May 21, 2012, 2:25 PM

you made that in past-tense,at least you are right on that part.we'll be undefeated in the valley for the 2nd straight year.

May 21, 2012, 2:28 PM

LOL. I like you. I really do. You seem like a good guy. No hard felings on my part, at least.

May 21, 2012, 2:48 PM

same here, i enjoy the banter between rivals untill and unless it gets hateful.

May 21, 2012, 3:01 PM

It gets out of hand at times. There are lots of good Clemson people. I know quite a few personally. They may even be on this board. i don't know. I got to go. Things to do. You all have a great, great day.

And? We're talking about a season not one game

May 21, 2012, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: You'll be knocked out of the top 10 very very quickly ]

and on a whole, besides bragging rights the game between us shouldn't matter more then taking care of buisness and winning our divisions/conferences. I'm making the case that you won't be as good as you previously were and will have a much much harder time staying ranked so highly when you have to faced UGA, UF, Mizzu, etc.

Re: And? We're talking about a season not one game

May 21, 2012, 2:37 PM

We finished the year way higher in the polls than you did. You won't be as good as you were last year. You suffered major losses at the lines of scrimmage where games are won.

You were ranked higher then us that's true

May 21, 2012, 2:40 PM

but who cares? What other team do you hear bragging about that? Rankings are nice but are subject to byasses. All that really matters is what you show on the field and aside from us, your offense looked less then deadly last year and after losing your only proven WR in Jeffery's, and losing a few OL men yourself, as well as a few first round D-line men, you are not as complete as you seem to believe. We both has question marks. We'll see who finds the answers they need in time

Re: You were ranked higher then us that's true

May 21, 2012, 2:48 PM

I heard all about rankings here 2 years ago when we beat you but, you finished higher than us at number 22.

Again, you took heavy losses at your line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball plus lost a great Tight End. We lost only 2 starting OL to your 3 plus your top 2 reserve OL. Ace Sanders is proven along with Bruce Ellington and DL Moore. WR will be the least of our worries. We lost Ingram (the only first round DL we lost) on the DE and replace him with Clowney.

May 21, 2012, 2:51 PM

they were both on the field (at the same time) last year,how can you replace ingram with clowney?

May 21, 2012, 2:55 PM

At times they were. But not all the time. And that's because of Devin Taylor who is projected to be a first rounder.

May 21, 2012, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Yesterday, Sarge said that the Big 12 was the equal of the ]

I thought I read where WVU was joining Big 12?? You have not stepped on field since they laid 70 on you and you think you are going to win the Big 12?? Right.

this is in response to neilly's post

May 21, 2012, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Yesterday, Sarge said that the Big 12 was the equal of the ]

it is closer than you think.1. bama-840 wins,texas-858 wins 2. tenn-794 wins,oklahoma-819 wins 3.uga-748 wins, wvu-701 wins 4.lsu-734 wins,clemson-658 wins 5.t a&m-682 wins,tcu-591 wins .these would be the top 5 in both conf's in all-time wins so it would pan out at as 1.big12 2.big12 3.sec 4.sec 5.sec
these stats are from the cfbdw as of last year. sorry,this was in response to neilly

May 21, 2012, 2:27 PM

Then you better get your level of play way, way up if you are going to win the Big 12 because, we were the 4th highest ranked team in the SEC; yet we beat you guys by 3 TDs.

May 21, 2012, 2:47 PM

how long did it take y'all to get over the 63-17 game? one road game loss by 3 td's is not gonna affect the game this year in the valley.

May 21, 2012, 2:56 PM

It will be fun. Looking forward to it.

Roseann Barr would win Miss America before UCS wins the SEC***

May 21, 2012, 2:07 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah Southern Cal would have to join the SEC first to win it***

May 21, 2012, 2:18 PM

I think the chances are exactly even.***

May 21, 2012, 2:33 PM

Re: Would Clemson win the Big12 before SCar wins the SEC?

May 21, 2012, 6:16 PM

In the SEC all the schools split the money the evenly (pretty much).

In the Big XII yall will be making way less money than Texas/Oklahoma, and ND too if they join. Good luck.

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic