Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Would Bentley be starter at Clemson???
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 88
| visibility 1

Would Bentley be starter at Clemson???

Aug 20, 2017, 10:33 PM

I say third stringer, you???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would Bentley be starter at Clemson???

Aug 20, 2017, 10:33 PM

none of the above

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Aug 20, 2017, 10:36 PM

You must be Ike me,
Practice dummy. Am I right?

2nd string ball boy

Aug 20, 2017, 10:35 PM

and I'm being generous

Aug 20, 2017, 10:41 PM

Nah. Doesn't perform well enough during the #### drill

Aug 20, 2017, 10:48 PM

Strange, heard that was his strong point??

Aug 20, 2017, 11:04 PM

No, I heard he was soft the whole time

Aug 21, 2017, 7:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Would Bentley be starter at Clemson??? ]

I hear that he is a (wide) receiver when they do the #### drill.

Aug 21, 2017, 8:49 AM

He got bad grades for forgetting his knee pads

Aug 21, 2017, 11:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Would Bentley be starter at Clemson??? ]

He was a Tight End but not anymore

Aug 20, 2017, 10:44 PM

Don't know. We haven't even seen our punters yet.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2017, 10:50 PM

Too soft and pudgy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes.

Aug 20, 2017, 10:58 PM

He'd be the one starting the bus for the players.

Not even if his dad was a coach***

Aug 20, 2017, 10:59 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He could run the c.ock drill, but not our offense.

Aug 21, 2017, 12:25 AM

Although, he would probably be in heaven behind our offensive line ... "Look at all the time I've got to find an open receiver!"

Aug 21, 2017, 12:31 AM

Don't know about that but he'd sure be the youngest. He's supposed to be a freshman in high school.

I'm not sure he makes the team

Aug 21, 2017, 12:38 AM

Our coaching staff don't allow our players to talk the crap he does. I have a feeling he would have Chad Kelley'd his way out of Clemson, and he's nowhere near as good as Chad Kelley was.

Aug 21, 2017, 1:20 AM

Yeah he probably would be. He would have replaced ZC so he would have rs last year. We recruited him. He wouldn't have been allowed to have diarrhea of the mouth here... but he is a good good qb.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cooper committed as a junior

Aug 21, 2017, 3:30 AM

There is zero chance we would have taken Bentley over Coop, zero. Chase Brice outplayed Bentley in Atlanta at the elite 11 in Atlanta, so there is no reason to think that Bentley would be ahead of Brice on our depth chart.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2017, 5:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Would Bentley be starter at Clemson??? ]

Lol, no, no he isn't a good good quarterback. He would be behind Bryce right now as well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I could agree with you...

Aug 21, 2017, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Would Bentley be starter at Clemson??? ]

but then we'd both be wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I'm sorry but I don't think he's done anything to

Aug 21, 2017, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Would Bentley be starter at Clemson??? ]

warrant being called a good QB, and I think he'd be fourth on the depth chart at best. And really, did we recruit him with an offer?

Here is how Bentley did against teams with a pulse

Aug 21, 2017, 5:18 AM

Florida 7 points 18 for 33 213 yards
Clemson 0 points 7 for 17 41 yards

Tenn only three teams scored less points than the coots, ohio, App st and Tenn Tech

Tenn 167 yards against the 95th rated defense
Umass 201 yards against the 99th rated defense
Mizzou 254 yards against the 118th rated defense
Western Carolina 154 yards against a 1-AA team

South Florida 390 yards in a loss to the 120th ranked defense

4-3 big whoop

Enough to excite coots, but he really hasn't done anything and he's dumb as a brick

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here is how Bentley did against teams with a pulse

Aug 21, 2017, 5:44 AM

Said it when it happened. That UT meltdown is/was going to give the coots the biggest false sense of confidence they've had since holtz. They want to be "back" so badly that it's good enough.

If so, I think that would have been the last nail in the coffin for...

Aug 21, 2017, 6:05 AM

Brownlee.

Seriously, THAT is your next project center, Brad? Ridiculous.

~JKB

Aug 21, 2017, 7:49 AM

3rd string? Shall I remind you the MVP of the 2016 Elite 11 was our 4th string QB Chase Brice, and Bentley came in 5th best??

Facts will only confuse them...

Aug 21, 2017, 9:00 AM

or simply be dismissed as anti-Capon rhetoric.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2017, 8:02 AM

Clemson would've never recruited him

Aug 21, 2017, 8:09 AM

All our QB's are better than him.

Aug 21, 2017, 8:18 AM

Most likely. Maybe Hunter Johnson will end up being a better QB but we won't know until Johnson gets to play.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

LOL...bless your heart !!!!

Aug 21, 2017, 8:30 AM

Bentley wouldn't even be starting for Chicken Central if daddy wan't a coach or if CussChamp had any other viable options.

Aug 21, 2017, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Would Bentley be starter at Clemson??? ]

I have serious question for u as a SC fan, what did he do last season to make the fan base think he is such a great QB ? I'm just not sold on that, the only 2 D's he played with a pulse and decent pass rush he looked awful against!! I just don't get the hype ! I may be wrong but I guess time will tell!

You're not wrong...

Aug 21, 2017, 8:58 AM

You're just not considering the ignorance and delusion factor that is so prevalent among ALL $CU fans.

Aug 21, 2017, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Would Bentley be starter at Clemson??? ]

You realize there are 11 guys on the field for an offense right?

You can't blame the QB for the OL being unable to block and for the WRs being unable separate themselves from defenders.

He wouldn't have those issues if he played for Clemson.

Aug 21, 2017, 9:14 AM

Eh maybe. A lot of the protections are called by the qb in Clemsons O. Go back and watch the games and see how Deshaun helps call the protections when he recognizes a blitz.

It would be Bentleys job to recognize a blitz and or call audibles so that you have an extra blocker with the TE or RB if you can't block the opposing team. He just hiked it and hoped nobody broke through that porous line

Aug 21, 2017, 9:20 AM

Maybe Bentley is right that Clemson wasn't much better than Carolina if you believe that a few minor adjustments by the QB would have shut down your defense.

Makes me feel better about this upcoming season.

Aug 21, 2017, 9:25 AM

I can assure you you're not going to feel very good about your season after North Carolina State kicks your tail. I've got 100 bucks that says that's going to happen, so put your money where your mouth is

Aug 21, 2017, 9:27 AM

Maybe you should work on understanding sarcasm?

Aug 21, 2017, 9:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Would Bentley be starter at Clemson??? ]

I'm not saying a few minor adjustments would have helped you there but it would have given you a little more time which in turn could have made you a little more competitive than SC State!

I mean #### dude. Troy put up a better fight than SC. You think they have better players than you? It sure looked like it. For a team that ran their mouth all game they sure folded like a cheap lawn chair when the lights came on and it was time to put up or shut up

I just happy that you're happy...

Aug 21, 2017, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Would Bentley be starter at Clemson??? ]

with what is likely to be a 5-7 or 6-6 season for $CU at best.

What kind of person enjoys

Aug 21, 2017, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Would Bentley be starter at Clemson??? ]

being an idiotic troll? You have some problems man.

Those same WR's that the fan base is proclaiming to be

Aug 21, 2017, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Would Bentley be starter at Clemson??? ]

so awesome???

GO TIGERS!!

Re: Those same WR's that the fan base is proclaiming to be

Aug 21, 2017, 11:05 AM

I will wholeheartedly agree our fan base is overrating our WRs.

Aug 21, 2017, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Would Bentley be starter at Clemson??? ]

Yes I do understand that your O-line wasn't very good, which by the way is the same O-line your gonna have this year, but I saw times with the line gave him protection and he still could not make a play! Before u come back with he was a true freshman that should have been high school which I get. Understand I'm not saying he's not a serviceable QB, I just don't think he is what the SC fan base acts like he is a 1st round draft pick and the savior of the program ! What he did last season does not support that claim!

Aug 21, 2017, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Would Bentley be starter at Clemson??? ]

He'd still have to beat out the guy that he couldn't at the Elite 11, right??
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2626427-5-top-performing-quarterback-recruits-from-2016-atlanta-elite-11-regional

You know...the MVP of it.

Aug 21, 2017, 3:23 PM

Are you the type of guy that's going to use that same logic and argue Sean White is better than Deshaun Watson?

Aug 21, 2017, 3:26 PM

I'm the guy that'll use the logic that Jake didn't score any more than a combined 7 whole point total against the two teams that he faced with total defenses ranked above #95...and that Kelly Bryant scored one more TD in the Clemson/South Carolina game than he did.

So exactly how does that say he'd beat out Bryant, or the guy that bested him at the Elite 11??

Aug 21, 2017, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Would Bentley be starter at Clemson??? ]

Here, let's test your logic....

Are you saying he'd have beat out Deshaun Watson last year, or Nick Sheussler, while playing one of the nations top SOS's?? If no, he'd have likely red-shirted and not played in 2016, correct??

So if red-shirted (like 4 star Zerrick Cooper and 4 star Tucker Israel both did), you are saying he'd have just blown Kelly Bryant, 4-5 star Hunter Johnson, Zerrick Cooper, and Chase Brice out of the water this year?? Or would he be behind Kelly like Cooper, Johnson, and Brice are right now??

Let's keep in mind this...Chase Brice not only beat him at the Elite 11, he also won the Class 7A state championship in Georgia...did Bentley do that in his state?

See, sometimes, some guys don't do as good in the Elite 11, but do in college football (as you mention Deshaun, which HAS the proof...and the title). So you are telling me that Jake beating beating teams only ranked #95 (TN) and below in total defense is proof of him doing good in college football??

Aug 21, 2017, 4:02 PM

And don't blame it all on the O-line and WR's...

I believe this one is on Jake himself.

Re: Would Bentley be starter at Clemson???***

Aug 21, 2017, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Would Bentley be starter at Clemson??? ]

smartest thing you've said in this thread***

Aug 21, 2017, 5:30 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2017, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Would Bentley be starter at Clemson??? ]

This is a much better argument than posting elite 11 articles and a clip of an interception.

But I don't really care to play a what if game. Bentley has proven he's a good QB. Your guys have to prove themselves.

In what universe has he proven that? He got shelled in the

Aug 21, 2017, 5:30 PM

only games he faced a defense with a pulse...How is what he did vs WCU or UMass any different than what KB did to SCSU?

Aug 21, 2017, 6:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Would Bentley be starter at Clemson??? ]

Hahahahaha...and there's the delusion yet again...where did he prove it? Name me a team ranked higher than #95 in defense that he beat, or scored once on himself (and I just realized I've even been giving him more credit than he deserves). Here...use this. His first game was UMass.

https://s4.postimg.org/pe1nmqssd/Bentley_With_Airbags.png

And against the two teams with a defensive pulse:

Florida:
Passing 18/33, 54.5% Compl, 213 yards, 0 TD's, 1 INT, 102.7 QBR
Rushing 9/-6, 1 FUM, 0 TD's

Clemson...you can see above.

Aug 21, 2017, 6:43 PM

BTW...Miami 2015, ended #69 in Total defense (so above #95).
http://www.cfbstats.com/2015/leader/national/team/defense/split01/category10/sort01.html
Guess who scored twice in that game (skip to 2:12):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75MTsWFr64U

And then there is South Carolina 2016, ranked #66 in Total Defense:
http://www.cfbstats.com/2016/leader/national/team/defense/split01/category10/sort01.html

Who scored Clemson's last score??

Aug 21, 2017, 7:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Would Bentley be starter at Clemson??? ]

It is funny though you and other Gamecocks like to "think" he's "proven" it.

Don't most of you say and think Tajh was a sucky QB simply because your team beat him every year he was there?

Well, his resume is better than Bentley's....by miles.

2013: Beat the #21 (MD), #28 (UVA), #32 (UGA), #34 (OH ST), #43 (GT), #48 (Syr), and #68 (NC ST) Total defense teams; only losses were to the #2 (FSU) and #11 (SCar) Total defense teams

2012: Beat the #2 (LSU), #10 (VT), #41 (NC ST), #44 (GT), #70 (BC), #74 (WF), #81 (AU) & #92 (Duke) Total Defenses ; only losses were to the #3 (SCar) and #4 Total Defenses.

^ there's his last 2 year history vs teams ranked above #95....and Bentley's is???

LOL...Bentley has proven he's a good QB...lol

Aug 22, 2017, 12:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Would Bentley be starter at Clemson??? ]

Bless your ignorant deluded little #### loving heart.

You Jockstraps clearly aren't too bright but you sure are good for a laugh.

Aug 21, 2017, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Would Bentley be starter at Clemson??? ]

Do not believe Bentley would start at Clemson. Clemson for one would never have played a guy that knew so little of the playbook that the staff didn't signal calls in but instead had him run to the sideline every play.

KB, Cooper, and Johnson are all better qbs imo

And there it is...

Aug 21, 2017, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Would Bentley be starter at Clemson??? ]

"let me post something dumb just to be a troll"

Are you that starved for attention or just that much of an idiot?

Re: And there it is...

Aug 21, 2017, 11:04 AM

Did you get banned from another username again?

Does saying weird things like that help you

Aug 21, 2017, 12:10 PM

diffuse the fact you're an idiotic troll in need at attention?

Re: Does saying weird things like that help you

Aug 21, 2017, 3:06 PM

You're the troll that's why you keep having to come up with new usernames.

I do not and have never trolled any website.

Aug 21, 2017, 4:14 PM

Meanwhile nearly every post you make here is a perfect example of what trolling is. You constantly make idiotic posts solely with a juvenile intent to troll.

Funny cuz he did***

Aug 21, 2017, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Re: And there it is... ]

Uhhhh....NO !!!!

Aug 21, 2017, 8:31 AM

Bentley would struggle to make the three deep at Clemson.

The only reason he gets any media attention is because the QB play in the $-EZ is abysmal.

It's akin to being the tallest midget or winning the bikini contest at fat camp.

Tallest midget??

Aug 21, 2017, 8:54 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Aug 21, 2017, 8:39 AM

First string water boy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2017, 8:59 AM

Did you miss spell "smarter"?

Aug 21, 2017, 9:09 AM

I'm going to lean toward academic probation at this point...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2017, 9:18 AM

This is a joke right??? He would not have a chance...

Can he punt?***

Aug 21, 2017, 9:35 AM

This year - 4th on depth chart.

Aug 21, 2017, 9:48 AM

And that is only because we have one out on illness.

would he be ahead of anyone? just dont see it.
Next year - he would drop even further.

Who does he beat out on our depth chart?

Aug 21, 2017, 10:06 AM

Brice is clearly better based on the elite 11 in Atlanta. Brice is our 4th string right now.

Re: This year - 4th on depth chart.

Aug 21, 2017, 3:23 PM [ in reply to This year - 4th on depth chart. ]

5th....unless you seriously think he'd beat out Chase Brice, who MVP'd the Elite 11 (above Trevor Lawrence mind you, who came in 2nd)....while Bentley was 5th.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2626427-5-top-performing-quarterback-recruits-from-2016-atlanta-elite-11-regional

Bentley has the arm talent to be starter at Clemson.

Aug 21, 2017, 10:44 AM

However, he's not enough of a runner to be featured at our QB position. If we tailored a playbook around him, he'd do a darn good job spreading it around to our WRs.

Muschamp runs a pretty vanilla offense so I'm not sure how much Bentley really had to retain as a true freshmen. NC State will test him with that DLine, but after that he faces a number of, in my opinion, below-average defense. If he can build some confidence, his track record could look very different come November.

Also, bring on the orange-tinted down votes.***

Aug 21, 2017, 10:44 AM

The problem is...

Aug 21, 2017, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Bentley has the arm talent to be starter at Clemson. ]

$CU also has one of those below average defenses which is why I think overall they'll be substantially similar to last year.

Re: The problem is...

Aug 21, 2017, 11:07 AM

Why do you keep arguing this as if it's a reflection of whether or not Bentley is a good quarterback?

Let's be clear...

Aug 21, 2017, 12:32 PM

I do not think Bentley is a good QB. I think he is an average QB.

He's folded like a cheap lawn chair each time he faced a defense with an actual pulse.

Will be become a good QB. Only time will tell but I have my doubts.

In either case, he's certainly not the next Peyton Manning that many of your fellow Jock Straps would have you believe.

Re: Bentley has the arm talent to be starter at Clemson.

Aug 21, 2017, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Bentley has the arm talent to be starter at Clemson. ]

Fair assessment.

Would the Pope march in a Neo-Nazi rally?***

Aug 21, 2017, 3:03 PM

Aug 21, 2017, 3:15 PM

He could possibly be ther starter for the toilet cleaning job..

Aug 21, 2017, 3:24 PM

4th string at best, maybe a good argument that he wouldn't make the roster.

Can he punt?***

Aug 21, 2017, 3:24 PM

YES! 100%!!

Aug 21, 2017, 4:17 PM

He was a starter at Clemson last year!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Aug 21, 2017, 7:21 PM

> I say third stringer, you???

No. Daddy doesn't coach here***

Aug 21, 2017, 7:23 PM

Absoltuely! His size, strength and athleticism would put

Aug 21, 2017, 8:07 PM

him first on the depth chart in the equipment room.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2017, 11:13 PM

He would not make the team because we don't have a 6th string depth chart.....Go Tigers!!!!

Replies: 88
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic