Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Would Artavis Scott have beaten Sammy's freshman #'s if...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Would Artavis Scott have beaten Sammy's freshman #'s if...

Dec 21, 2014, 4:37 PM

Scott basically had a QB who could throw the ball downfield for 4 games this season. Would Scott have beaten Sammy's freshman receiving #'s if Watson had been quarterback all season?

Watkins freshman receiving total was 82 receptions for 1,219 yards and 12 touchdowns

Scott's freshman receiving total was 68 receptions for 851 yards and 7 touchdowns.

I think if Scott had Watson for the entire season he would have at least equaled if not had better total
#'s.

What do you guys think?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would Artavis Scott have beaten Sammy's freshman #'s if...

Dec 21, 2014, 4:42 PM

Maybe. But a lot of Scott's work came from our screen and sweep game which we leaned on when Stoudt was in the game.

Dec 21, 2014, 4:42 PM

Hard to say because if DW#4 doesn't get injured then a ton of those screen plays don't get called that they threw to Tay Scott. Big Mike Williams would have had much better numbers with Watson staying healthy and I think that would factor in a lot with Scott's receptions and yards.

Dec 21, 2014, 4:46 PM

With a healthy DW4 I bet Scott and Williams would have a season that was as good, if not better than any season with the Nuk/Sammy combo.

Dec 21, 2014, 4:56 PM

The great thing is next year we get to see that. Plus the ungodly amount of talent that should be (hoping like hell) healthy next year. Add in the talent coming in and the Clemson offense will be the most explosive, record setting offense in school history imo. I honestly believe that, barring anything major, Clemson will make the playoffs next year and has a good chance to bring home a national championship. Even if you don't count for the incoming recruits the amount of talent on offense is just unfair. How can teams game plan to stop them? Our entire WR corps could be legitimate #1 WR's at any college in the country. Plus the RB position will be absolutely outstanding with so much talent that can be rotated that Clemson will always have a fresh beast of a back on the field. It's going to be a special few years in those hills and I can't wait to see it!

Dec 21, 2014, 6:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Would Artavis Scott have beaten Sammy's freshman #'s if... ]

WE WILL NEVER KNOW WILL WE?

Dec 21, 2014, 4:43 PM

Anemic QB play by stout hurt him, good call.

Dec 21, 2014, 4:55 PM

Not sure. He might have had the receptions but not sure on the yards. Mike Williams is the guy who would have really benefitted from DWs play

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes he would have***

Dec 21, 2014, 5:07 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely***

Dec 21, 2014, 5:23 PM

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic