Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Woulard update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Woulard update

Jan 28, 2013, 10:24 PM

I posted this in the Donor's Den a few hours ago, but wanted to post this on the main board as well.

I just wanted to let you guys know what I am hearing on Woulard. First off, don't expect Woulard to sign with Clemson on February 6th. As we all knew, he really enjoyed his trip to UCLA this past weekend, and many consider the Bruins to be the frontrunners. However, I know for a fact that Clemson has backed off of Woulard. I was told in a text earlier that there would be no need to contact him anymore. I don't know the reason - I read reports where he had injured his ankle at the end of last season, but his father told me those reports were wrong and it was a broken fibula, but he is healed and going 100 percent in workouts. Is it the injury? Character issues? I don't know...

Message was edited by: davidhood®

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Woulard update

Jan 28, 2013, 10:28 PM

does it really matter. if the coaches backed off that is all i need to know. there had to be a very good reason.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2013, 10:30 PM

Maybe he liked UCLA better...Good luck to the kid ...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2013, 10:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Woulard update ]

yeah I think I'd be more intereted in what the game plan is for another qb. and also how we hold the guy we made the promise to of him being the only one while he visits other schools. seems a tad one sided if we continue that

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree, could care less about the reason. Really not

Jan 28, 2013, 11:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Woulard update ]

important.

To me it means

Jan 28, 2013, 10:34 PM

That Watson is a LOCK. Chad and Dabo probably told Watson this will be his team when he step on Campus. Therefoe, they backed off Woulard.

Re: To me it means

Jan 28, 2013, 11:12 PM

Not if Chad Kelly is as good as advertised

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you're close. It sounds to me like Chad and/or Dabo

Jan 29, 2013, 6:31 AM [ in reply to To me it means ]

had a heart-to-heart with Watson and confirmed their mutual commitment. I think the recent waltz with Woulard had something to do with Watson not being all in. Apparently, he's decided to give the staff a renewed pledge of fidelity. Therefore, Woulard was informed we no longer had a place for him. It did sound like he was blown away by UCLA, too. I wonder if that was before or after we told him we had reconsidered.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Maybe his test scores came back... and they're garbage***

Jan 29, 2013, 11:53 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THIS IS GOOD NEWS

Jan 28, 2013, 10:44 PM

- been saying from the very beginning (NOT sour grapes)...

- makes no sense from a depth chart POV....

- Tajh---> Swag----> Deshawn W is the perfect flow..

- Watson tweets that he and Kitt will be on campus next week for Jr Day..

- Woulard's dad made some pretty less than ideal comments to korncoot about Watson and why he should or shouldn't come. would have just been WEIRD for them to both be here

- Dabo n Chad know what they're doing. This is GOOD NEWS that we may be more solid w/ D Watson

Thanks for the update!

Jan 28, 2013, 10:46 PM

I fully trust that our coaches are making the right decision based on the information that they have. It does make you wonder what the plans are going forward about adding another QB. Because if D. Watson sticks with Clemson, we'll still only have three QB's on scholarship after Boyd graduates.

counting tony mcneal?***

Jan 28, 2013, 10:50 PM

Re: counting tony mcneal?***

Jan 28, 2013, 11:10 PM

I have heard/seen where he might be done with football. With him done and Morgan Roberts transferring that's why the coaches tried to get another QB on board. All of this per TCI.

Re: counting tony mcneal?***

Jan 28, 2013, 11:37 PM

I thought he left Clemson in December. I watched him in the Orange and White Game and he looked great before that ACL injury. I hate to see busted dreams. I've been there before.

Very surprised - by the sound of things up until now it

Jan 28, 2013, 11:25 PM

sounded like he was all ours.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Yep, he was actually one I felt most confident about...wierd***

Jan 28, 2013, 11:30 PM

RED FLAGS

Jan 29, 2013, 12:05 AM

There were major red flags that other programs alerted us too after his visit. Those flags are the reason his home state schools and the other major programs didn't offer.

any details about them?***

Jan 29, 2013, 12:15 AM

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Clearly he wouldn't fit in with Clemson's

Jan 29, 2013, 6:06 AM

hetro lifestyle. Thus, the west coast thingy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Simple: Kelly & Watson = too much competition

Jan 29, 2013, 6:19 AM

His father said he was not moving to WR... It appears that our flirtation was good for all... He got publicity and it might have helped us with Watson

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic