Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trenton Simpson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 5,527

Trenton Simpson

Feb 16, 2020, 8:00 PM

Just rewatched some highlight reels from his Mallard Creek days .

He's pretty good and stuff .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Between him and Allen and Swint

Feb 16, 2020, 8:04 PM

Our LB future is outstanding .

Venables and Dabo have got to be pinching themselves .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I'm Passionate but not Knowledgeable? Thanks for....

Feb 16, 2020, 8:21 PM

….. calling this out!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

### was Danny Pearman doing trying to screw up his

Feb 16, 2020, 8:51 PM [ in reply to Between him and Allen and Swint ]

Recruiting?

We were after a kid from California and essentially told this local 5 star LB to pound sand. We were his dream school and we ignored him. He had to basically recruit himself for Danny by sending in a highlight video.

I’m still miffed about this scenario. The kid seems like a high character guy. Not some kind of fall back option like he was treated.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ### was Danny Pearman doing trying to screw up his

Feb 16, 2020, 9:46 PM

Whole story isn't really known , but I suspect that Flowe's interest in Clemson kept any other offers from being laid down ( because of the #s ).

DB23

Feb 16, 2020, 10:50 PM [ in reply to ### was Danny Pearman doing trying to screw up his ]

Understand whole story isn't known but just appears on the surface he'd have been very worthy of an oversign. Had to know a couple players would leave early and or transfer... So I agree.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Worthy of an oversign"

Feb 17, 2020, 7:22 AM

Proof you don't understand how Clemson recruiting works

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Feb 17, 2020, 7:16 AM [ in reply to ### was Danny Pearman doing trying to screw up his ]

Recruiting?

We were after a kid from California and essentially told this local 5 star LB to pound sand. We were his dream school and we ignored him. He had to basically recruit himself for Danny by sending in a highlight video.

I’m still miffed about this scenario. The kid seems like a high character guy. Not some kind of fall back option like he was treated.

Check yourself...

We were recruiting him when he unexpectedly committed to Auburn. We were also hot after the top LB in the country who had high interest. We only had one spot as we did not need two More LBs. You only over sign if you need to upgrade talent at a position and we are happy with the talent at LB. when Simpson decommitted we jumped in. At the end we gave the LB from Cali a chance to commit and he declined so we offered Simpson. Our coaches were upfront and honest the entire way so it’s hard to understand your issue

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did we jump in when he de-committed? It sounds like he had

Feb 18, 2020, 8:29 PM

To send in a highlight tape to get some other coaches attention on our staff.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, if Best Is Standard, no pinching needed. . .

Feb 16, 2020, 9:19 PM [ in reply to Between him and Allen and Swint ]

. . . as this is just to be expected, right?

(However, as for, I’ma be black and blue from all the pinching!)

GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Trenton Simpson

Feb 16, 2020, 8:25 PM

Here's another good nugget

https://247sports.com/college/clemson/Article/Philip-Riley-Clemson-offer--143881295/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trenton Simpson

Feb 16, 2020, 9:26 PM

There is no doubt in my mind Simpson will have a huge impact on our defense while he's here.

The only question for me is how much he plays as a freshman.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 5,527
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic