Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney has message for Clemson fans: "Show up and let's go"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

New Story: Swinney has message for Clemson fans: "Show up and let's go"

Nov 8, 2017, 7:26 PM

Swinney has message for Clemson fans: "Show up and let's go"

Saturday’s forecast: Football weather. Dabo Swinney’s message to the fans: Show up and let’s go. No. 4 Clemson hosts Florida St. Saturday (3:30 PM, ABC), and the forecast is for sunny skies and temps in the mid-50’s. That and the fact that the Tigers can clinch the ACC Atlantic Division title with a win has Swinney excited, and he’s hoping the fans share that same excitement. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Swinney has message for Clemson fans: "Show up and let's go"

Nov 8, 2017, 7:50 PM

Yes sir, Coach. We'll be there, all the way from Texas!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Worst game defensively? I think that would be Syracuse!***

Nov 8, 2017, 9:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Worst game defensively? I think that would be Syracuse!***

Nov 9, 2017, 8:39 AM

Well depends on how you look at it. I agree with Coach Swinney that NC State was our worst game.

Syracuse:
440 yds of total offense (278 passing and 162 rushing)
27 pts. we gave up
BUT we did have a fumble recovery for a TD.
Penalties on D were the biggest issue VS. Syracuse (several PI's, roughing the passer, offsides)CRUCIAL!

*Essentially all the offense had to do was score 21 pts (3 TDS) the whole game to win!

NC State:
491 yds of total offense (338 passing and 153 rushing)
31 pts. given up
We did have 2 INT's at crucial times for the win though.

*Biggest difference is that we had 38 pts. from the offense. Balance is crucial especially nowadays with all the hurry-up offenses. Have to give our D time to recharge the batteries.

Nov 8, 2017, 8:03 PM

We’ll be there!! Loud and positive!!!!

Let’s GO TIGERS!!!!

Nov 8, 2017, 8:15 PM

Just curious, and I'm no expert. However it seems that we have our best QB sitting on the bench. At present, we have no effective passing game, with a QB who just can't consistently throw. Give him that he's a competitor, and can run. But, he can't pass, and we have elite receivers, and a guy sitting on the bench who can "hum that seed." Maybe I'm missing something, but we won the NC State game in spite of playing terribly. Am I wrong? As I see it, Georgia would beat us by at least two to three TD's. Please tell me that I'm wrong, but we'll get killed in the playoffs. The coaches don't see this??

Nov 8, 2017, 8:22 PM

Yea, I don’t think that is really what Dabo is looking for from the fans. Like the man said last week - trust the guys with the big shiny rings. They really do know more about the team and players than we do.

Nov 9, 2017, 2:34 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney has message for Clemson fans: "Show up and let's go" ]

I think Kelly Bryant has shown that he's the starter this season. Up to when he got hurt, he looked great... not the best pure passer, maybe but didn't throw many picks, made the all the throws he needed to make and my gosh can he run.

... but then he got hurt. Laws of nature say a soft tissue injury is going to take five weeks to heal.

Laws of football say you don't have that long. He isn't showing it and he may not even be feeling it (if he's getting the shot) but that ankle won't really be right until 5 weeks after the Syracuse game when he reinjurerd it.

An ankle being a little off is enough to explain his accuracy the last few games, but he's still the same guy. He's still got the best head for it on the team, this year.

As for Hunter Johnson, Dabo's explanation makes sense. With our defensive line, they've seen how he responds to an unholy pass rush and it makes them nervous. It's enough for me. I certainly don't need to have them prove it to me on national in a must win situation.

Granted, they might be wrong. Particularly, given that they may be overestimating the incoming pass rush if they are basing it on his reactions to our defense but I can live with it.

Nov 9, 2017, 6:58 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney has message for Clemson fans: "Show up and let's go" ]

You're wrong. The best QB is playing. The coaches see way more than you do.

This was my favoirte game of 2015 and maybe ever.

Nov 8, 2017, 8:30 PM

Cook with that early 70yd TD run, then a great game with the Tigers coming out on top.
That's when the playoffs and National Championship seemed inevitable for the first time in my life (3 when Tigers won in 81.)
Wish I could be there.. Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 9, 2017, 1:01 AM

DV will be rockin. Hope the noise shakes the Noles QB up enough for another 3 false starts in a row!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I couldn't agree more with Coach, but the question is will

Nov 9, 2017, 8:24 AM

the powers that be start letting more people back on the hill?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic