Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Worse UNC Academic Scandal or FSU Criminals
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 904

Worse UNC Academic Scandal or FSU Criminals

Oct 29, 2014, 1:51 PM

I am curious as to what others on this board think is worse? The 18 year academic scandal at unc, or the lack of control and the criminal actions going on as fsu?

For me, the unc scandal is worse. It went on for 18 years, deans, advisors, chairs of departments, coaches were all involved. It goes to the heart of what college athletic is suppose to be about. For me there has been nothing even close to as bad as this every. Not even the point scandals at bc comes close.

Yes, fsu has lost control of the football team, but they are following some kind of process, it only to delay as to win games.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SMU wasnt as bad as UNCheat..

Oct 29, 2014, 1:54 PM

so this win is all theirs and wont be vacated!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Worse UNC Academic Scandal or FSU Criminals

Oct 29, 2014, 1:57 PM

Alleged rape,theft,domestic abuse,aggravated assault,property damage, with no or very little accountability for those committing said crimes is far worse than made up classes and test grades. These children will only become worse for society if they are not properly reprimanded and FSU's leaders should be ashamed and held accountable for not disciplining them so they may learn and grow up to be men some day. Just my two cents.

Oct 29, 2014, 1:59 PM

^^^^^^What he said is exactly my thoughts^^^^^^^

FSU.

Oct 29, 2014, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Worse UNC Academic Scandal or FSU Criminals ]

I believe we only know a fraction of what actually goes on down there.

If Tallahassee is this "all in" to protect Jameis and intimidate his accusers, no telling what else they are covering up.

Penn State***

Oct 29, 2014, 2:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have strong reason to believe what UNC is doing...

Oct 29, 2014, 2:22 PM

...is being done in many other places as well.

Keep your good players eligibile. Make your APR numbers. Promise your players a high school job to help you recruit after their playing career is over.

Too much money involved with very weak NCAA enforcement.

The only schools who get penalized now are the cheap ones who won't spend the money to defend themselves.

Oct 29, 2014, 3:30 PM

Comparing apples to oranges. Both are disgusting and damage the lives of young people. Both done/aided or covered up by adults who are charged with educating and assisting young people to mature into responsible adults. In both cases there is a massive fail. So I am not able to say which is worse but I think heads should roll and severe sanctions should be applied in both cases. Where are SACS and the Trustees? The taxpayers? Is there anyone who is willing to step forward?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UNC - not even close. FSU has no control over their

Oct 29, 2014, 4:23 PM

football team, UNC had no control over the entire school.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UNC is by far worse

Oct 29, 2014, 4:26 PM

A "flagship academic institution" cheating in academics while promoting itself as a "flagship academic institution. The point of a university IS ACADEMICS.

UNC Academic Scandal is clearly much worse

Oct 29, 2014, 4:35 PM

What their institution has done is a national disgrace. This was not something that was done by a stupid 18 year old at FSU, or even exacerbated by some K-Mart cop in Tallahassee, but rather something done by what was supposed to have been an institution of HIGHER LEARNING.

HIGHER LEARNING? What is it that is being taught here ???? What kind of example is this supposed to be setting? What kind of standard is this for those enrolled or those planning to enrole. How badly damaged is a UNC degree, how far has it's value diminished? What about the rest of the ACC and the negative reflection they have cast on us?

The UNCheat scandle is clearly much worse than anything else that has ever happened within our conference. Nothing else ever came close.

Replies: 10
| visibility 904
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic