Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm so done with this crap that I have showered
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

I'm so done with this crap that I have showered

Apr 2, 2020, 6:17 AM

two days in a row and gotten dressed for work yesterday and today. Working from home sounds great, but when you don't leave your house for 3 days, it starts to suck. I gotta get outside today.

Side note, today is delivery day for my office chair, so this will make things infinitely better moving forward.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m still actively going to work every day.

Apr 2, 2020, 6:37 AM

God bless my poor wife. I’d go insane stuck at the house.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm so done with this crap that I have showered

Apr 2, 2020, 6:45 AM

You have a job and you are healthy. You are one of the lucky ones.

Working from home Pros

Apr 2, 2020, 7:54 AM

Don't have to drive to/from work
Lunch break with family
*Potential for work place spousal "activities"
Regular bowel movements
Not eating any fast food
Off work at 5:00, outside playing with kids at 5:03
Can walk out the back door and go turkey hunting anytime/as long as my work is good

Cons
Don't get to see a couple coworkers that I don't mind seeing

In the office from 6:00 AM to well past 8:00 PM every day

Apr 2, 2020, 8:03 AM

so far this week. Breaks for lunch and dinner.

I gotta find a better work life balance, but it seems like since people KNOW I am "at the office" they can need stuff all day long

Pro: Drinking liquor at your desk with no chance of repercussions.

Spousal Activities? My kids apparently need no sleep but they need to be beside me 24/7 while we are quarantined. We haven't even gotten close.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not eating fast food? WOT?

Apr 2, 2020, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Working from home Pros ]

I gotta get out of this place at lunch. Else its like living in...your office.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm still going to work every day.

Apr 2, 2020, 7:56 AM

Wife has been working from home for about 3 weeks now. She is about to go bat-shiz crazy.

Samesies***

Apr 2, 2020, 8:02 AM

I had showered two mornings in a row but

Apr 2, 2020, 8:09 AM

this morning I elected to stay in bed as late as I could.

I am getting used to working from home but still not as comfortable as the office, except for my chair is better due to being 2 weeks old.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like going to work

Apr 2, 2020, 8:25 AM

Even with the long drive and crappy traffic

I do like being with the dogs though and the walks, they are so funny

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Working from home is awesome.

Apr 2, 2020, 8:30 AM

Working from home with the wife and kids at home every day sucks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

couple of pro tips

Apr 2, 2020, 8:32 AM

- always shower, get "ready" for work, even if WFH (jeans, collared shirt). I've been doing this for years and it makes a huge difference
- I still "pack my lunch" the night before, same as I would if I was going in
- maintain same working hours. the cut-off btwn work and home is a ##### these days, so hold your line and keep the partition as you would if possible
- when it gets really bad during this time, I'll get in my truck and drive around for 20 min and drive home. same in the afternoon. something about driving to/from work is soothing. jam / sports radio / time to think in silence
> this can be offset with walking the dog, walking around 'hood
- still try to workout at scheduled time. this is miserable these days b/c i'm not a runner but that's pretty much all that is available
- don't eat lunch at desk unless necessary. this one is usually tough depending on workload and customers at the time (talkin' bout the time zones, nomsayin)
> get outside for a few minutes if you can

toughest thing for us lately is staying up watching shows. usually go to bed btwn 930 - 10 religiously. been creeping into the 11 range now, and insomnia is a ##### these days

What time do you get going in the mornings?

Apr 2, 2020, 8:35 AM

I see these early bedtimes and wonder just what in me is broken that I don't even think of sleeping until 11:30 but usually well past midnight that I'm asleep. This is every day behavior.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll leave the house at 7

Apr 2, 2020, 8:56 AM

either walking the dog or driving around brookhaven during corona-tine, but typically leave here at 7 to get to office by 730. up and going by 630 - 645

Same, maybe I need to do more in the evenings.

Apr 2, 2020, 10:36 AM

Before work from home, I was up at 6:15 to be out the door by 7:05. Still up late.

Watched Ozark until midnight last night, up at 5:30

Apr 2, 2020, 8:51 AM [ in reply to couple of pro tips ]

but I did shower which really does seem to help. Those are good tips, ones which I am trying to follow. Like tdrake® said, working from home with everyone else here kinda sucks.

Watching this season of Ozark is contributing

Apr 2, 2020, 8:54 AM

to additional insomnia. Holy shyte balls that show is stressing me out.

almost done though

We got episodes 8-10 left. Wife wanted to do two last night

Apr 2, 2020, 8:57 AM

but I said lets watch one then chill. Apparently too tired to chill, but not too tired to watch two episodes.

Me during the Coronavirus Pandemic:

wait...are you Kershaw or Turner?

Apr 2, 2020, 9:02 AM

strikeout....I'm Turner***

Apr 2, 2020, 9:03 AM

I've been working from home for like 6-7 years

Apr 2, 2020, 9:33 AM [ in reply to couple of pro tips ]

I don't do any of that.

Take a nap....

Apr 2, 2020, 8:48 AM

Unless that's something you do at work.

I've only been doing this so far this week

Apr 2, 2020, 9:27 AM

and there are a lot of pros - not the least of which is the ability to go outside and work there instead of sitting in the office all day. It's beautiful and warm and sunny. Plus, sitting on the back sun deck I can control the sonos speakers and bother golfers with music.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Golf course living, high end speakers (multiples)

Apr 2, 2020, 9:35 AM

THIS is how you humblebrag friends.

I mean the occasional “anyone ever been to Venice—-looking for a good restaurant” post that’s so common in pre-Corona lunge isn’t bad, but this is next level.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would be have been truly epic

Apr 2, 2020, 9:38 AM

if I had managed to work in how cool the multiple Charleston style porches are in the summer and how quiet the house is since its all steel framing.

Oh, there it is.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, but nothing about how the ship traffic seems to be

Apr 2, 2020, 9:40 AM

so much less these days coming in the harbor while you're on your back porch drinking your coffee.

*soclose*

We haven't even had time to get the house on the battery

Apr 2, 2020, 10:08 AM

opened up this year with all this virus business. Hoping to get down there soon.

I bet the pocket garden is a mess,

Apr 2, 2020, 10:09 AM

What with the gardening staff cut in half.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We all have to make sacrifices in these troubled times***

Apr 2, 2020, 10:12 AM

Glad it's warmer there, it was so cool here we had to leave

Apr 2, 2020, 9:56 AM [ in reply to I've only been doing this so far this week ]

the bow cover on for our afternoon boat ride. It's like McMaster had me in mind when he closed the boat ramps, I'm really so much more productive from home without these bass boats buzzing by all of the time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I told you people weeks ago that you'd never be able to live

Apr 2, 2020, 9:29 AM

my life.

Another Pro Tip....

Apr 2, 2020, 9:55 AM

Naps...

C U later...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Yet Another Pro Tip....

Apr 2, 2020, 11:46 AM

Day drinkin'...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

My tips ... in addition to any other workout regimen

Apr 2, 2020, 1:11 PM

1 - Each morning, walk 2 miles prior to turning on your computer. This is your morning commute.
2 - Walk or go sit outside during conference calls _ May have to print meeting agenda or handouts.
3 - At lunch, call a friend or relative. Text your buddies about sports or other BS.
4 - Walk 2 miles after turning computer off. This is your evening commute.

Avoid at all costs the addiction of checking emails or other computer work without routine beaks.

I have a car.

Apr 2, 2020, 1:20 PM

Why the eff am I walking two miles anywhere?

My tips ... in addition to any other workout regimen

Apr 2, 2020, 1:12 PM

1 - Each morning, walk 2 miles prior to turning on your computer. This is your morning commute.
2 - Walk or go sit outside during conference calls _ May have to print meeting agenda or handouts.
3 - At lunch, call a friend or relative. Text your buddies about sports or other BS.
4 - Walk 2 miles after turning computer off. This is your evening commute.

Avoid at all costs the addiction of checking emails or other computer work without routine beaks.

pro tip: if possible set up your home office in a remote

Apr 2, 2020, 6:46 PM

part of your house as far away from other distractions as possible. my office is in the back of my garage with a keypad lock on the door. i can go out here and work in peace and quiet, no disruptions.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic