Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Woody Hayes Gator Bowl on ESPNC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Woody Hayes Gator Bowl on ESPNC

Dec 4, 2018, 11:02 PM

Can't believe announcers didn't comment on Hayes hitting Charlie Bauman in the throat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

at this point, Hayes was a full-blown loon....

Dec 4, 2018, 11:20 PM

he'd already gone after some poor, hapless reporter in a post-game presser earlier in the season. The Bauman punch apparently was the final straw as OhioSt had folks who were aware of Hayes' decline. This was coupled with the fact that Woody was already an a$$hole.

I, too, have often wondered why Keith Jackson and Ara Parseghian never received ANY criticism for avoiding comment.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: at this point, Hayes was a full-blown loon....

Dec 5, 2018, 12:38 AM

Woody punched many people over the years, including most of his own players at practice. I have heard former players say that he punched them many times.

OSU lost a fumble on the goal line against Michigan the previous year, and Woody punched a photographer who got too close to him. That was on national TV, and I saw it. He clobbered that cameraman.

Keith, Ara, and ABC did get a lot of flak for not talking about the incident. This part was cut from the replay. They came back on the air after the timeout before Keith and Ara knew they were on air. Ara made the comment, "Never in my life have I seen anything like that." That comment told the world that they had viewed the punch during the timeout, but neither revealed what they had seen. Possibly, the producer told them not to discuss it.

The other networks were all over the incident on the late news, and the next day. Woody was fired that morning.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hmm

Dec 4, 2018, 11:53 PM

https://247sports.com/college/michigan/Board/103320/Contents/Woody-Hayes-54379366/

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The early morn after punch i rode in hotel elevator with Pres Edwards who told me of Woody’s firing.

Dec 5, 2018, 7:42 AM

Wasn’t surprised.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Woody Hayes Gator Bowl on ESPNC

Dec 5, 2018, 8:18 AM

The punch that brought Mitch Hyatt to Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic