Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo Swinney
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Dabo Swinney

Jun 16, 2014, 2:37 PM

I just read 15-20 minutes of recruiting news and all the recruits talked about the man that Coach Swinney is.

I am not sure if anyone else get this, but I have read all sorts of things about John Wooden, and Coach Swinney reminds me of the same kind of man that coach Wooden was. I am not saying that Coach Swinney will real off 10 national championships, but I am saying that he will have a similar impact in a young mans life as Coach Wooden did.

Beyond a football perspective, I am very proud to have Coach Swinney representing the university that I love.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wooden never won a single BCS game.

Jun 16, 2014, 2:39 PM

He wishes he was in Dabo's league.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wooden never won a single BCS game.- I doubt it

Jun 16, 2014, 3:04 PM

since he is dead. I think his wishes days are done

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heck Old SOS has never even won an SEC Championship

Jun 16, 2014, 6:16 PM [ in reply to Wooden never won a single BCS game. ]

with the old birds.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fire Wooden!***

Jun 16, 2014, 6:46 PM [ in reply to Wooden never won a single BCS game. ]

Re: Wooden never won a single BCS game.

Jun 17, 2014, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Wooden never won a single BCS game. ]

you are such an a$$ and who gave this coot the TU ?

Re: Dabo Swinney

Jun 16, 2014, 2:40 PM

Thank you for your brilliant comments. Dabo is a one of kind coach in not just football but in helping shape a young person's life. He's growing by leaps and bounds every day and we will get to the promised land of another National Title sooner than later. Get top players, coach them well, motivate them well and then "let them horses run"

Absolutely, LKN! I was a doubter at first,,,,

Jun 16, 2014, 2:46 PM

but no one can doubt the he is both a fine man and a heck of a recruiter and motivator. Just a fine ambassador for our school, period. He lacks but 2 achievements and I expect him to reach at least one of them this fall. Great post......love the attitude.

Re: Absolutely, LKN! I was a doubter at first,,,,

Jun 16, 2014, 2:53 PM

yep, there is alot of space between the character of Dabo and the Ol' Ball Sack

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Recruiting is about having the HC who

Jun 16, 2014, 2:54 PM

looks like a saint...

and in the back ground an assistant handing the recruit a wad of cash..

If were winning I'm cool with it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruiting is about having the HC who

Jun 16, 2014, 3:00 PM

Damnn man. There's some solid truth to that bleed.

It is very sad that it is true

Jun 16, 2014, 3:24 PM

Because sports shouldn't be about money.

But the sad reality is you have to pay recruits otherwise you don't have a chance.

I wish the ncaa could stop it but I have no faith in the system when teams like unc face no punishment.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Tell 'em capon

Jun 16, 2014, 3:32 PM

USCheat

Can you say Whitney?***

Jun 16, 2014, 9:49 PM [ in reply to It is very sad that it is true ]

Re: It is very sad that it is true

Jun 17, 2014, 8:55 AM [ in reply to It is very sad that it is true ]

Only at ucheats

Jun 16, 2014, 3:07 PM

That's quite an honor to be mentioned in the same breath as Wooden - truly is. And in the 'life lessons' - I will agree that Dabo is as close as it gets. Just don't put Dabo in the same 'coaching' stratosphere as Wooden though (he wasn't referred to as 'Wizard of Westwood' for nothing). If you had the opportunity to ever watch Wooden coach, you'd know. He would call time out, and UCLA would 'reel' off 10-15 straight before the blood-letting subsided. Dabo has NEVER done anything like that. Wooden made Dean Smith of UNC look like a rookie coach, and Dean was the closest thing to Wooden in basketball.

Good post and not trying to discredit it - but just clarifying.

Jun 16, 2014, 3:27 PM

Come back and let's see what happens in the next 10 years with Dabo at the helm

Jun 16, 2014, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo Swinney ]

It's a little too soon to say, but if Dabo stays on this tract, he will undoubtedly be one of the "best"... including Wooden & Ford.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2014, 3:32 PM

Isn't it a bit lame that the coot comes on here and talks about nothing being done to UNC. The entire SEC conference has gotten away with it for decades except for the occasional hand slap. But coots are very predictable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish Auburn would get the hammer

Jun 16, 2014, 4:08 PM

As well. P

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: I wish Auburn would get the hammer

Jun 17, 2014, 9:00 AM

Why? You didn't get the hammer after giving away 56 grand to players

Do you REALLY think Dabo should have accomplished

Jun 16, 2014, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo Swinney ]

something that it took waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more years for Wooden to accomplish and against waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more competition in football than basketball?

Jun 17, 2014, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo Swinney ]

It's pretty dare easy to call time out and reel off 10 to 15 pts when you have the best players in the country!!!!

That's what Dabo is building BUT let's not give him any credit

Love Dabo, but he and Wooden couldn't be more different.

Jun 16, 2014, 8:58 PM

I've read two books about Wooden. One he wrote and one a grandson wrote about him( the coaches life and the essential Wooden). Wooden was calm on and off the court, never involved religion in his coaching, and was grandfatherly and fairly distant with his players. Dabo is the antithesis of this. Wooden never even recruited players, and Dabo may be the best Recruiter in the nation. I appreciate you want to celebrate Dabo's integrity, but Wooden is a different species.

I am not comparing their personalities and I did not

Jun 16, 2014, 11:11 PM

mention spirituality whatsoever. I said the "impact", meaning positive impact is similar. Character building, more than anything is what I am speaking of.

I agree with all of what you said, Wooden was all of those things, but the relationships that he had with players lasted his lifetime. He molded young men into men of high moral character and I believe that Dabo is doing the same thing. Keep in mind that Wooden had 13 on scholarship at a time, while Dabo has 85. They may do it different ways, but I believe the result is the same.

Beat Spurrier before Ordainment***

Jun 16, 2014, 11:01 PM

Dabo = Saint after slaying the devil in November !

Jun 17, 2014, 7:40 AM

AMEN !

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic