Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stunning speech just now by Senator Romney
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 66
| visibility 1

Stunning speech just now by Senator Romney

Feb 5, 2020, 2:24 PM

I remember how much I loathed him when he ran against Obama, but I just gained a tremendous amount of respect for the man.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Typical

Feb 5, 2020, 2:29 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, the dem crowd in her wants to

Feb 5, 2020, 2:32 PM

give oral to John Bolton now

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only good Republican is a dead Republican

Feb 5, 2020, 2:37 PM

The only bad Democrat is a dead Democrat. That's the mantra.

On the other hand, there are an awful lot of idiot cultists who completely change their opinions of somebody based on how that person treats Trump.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Typical

Feb 5, 2020, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Typical ]

you could not be more wrong. I do not agree with Romney on much of anything and personally I would prefer to see Trump Voted out. I said I gained respect for him because he has the moral conviction to stand up for what he feels is right, knowing good and well that he will be attacked by this president and by his own party.

And I would have accepted an official statement from the GOP like... "We acknowledge that he is guilty but feel that the severity of the crime did not merit removal from office." Instead we got "well I am sure he learned his lesson and won't do it again".

cowards

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Won’t do what again?

Feb 6, 2020, 12:56 PM

His heavy handed foreign policy won’t change and Graham said the Bidens will be properly investigated....sooo what’s not going to happen again?

He understands that History will remember

Feb 5, 2020, 2:30 PM

one of the few in the GOP that seem to understand that basic truth.

or

Feb 5, 2020, 2:33 PM

30 years from now he’ll be no more memorable or significant than Walter Mondale or Michael Dukakis.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sure***

Feb 5, 2020, 2:34 PM

Yeah***

Feb 5, 2020, 2:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you betcha***

Feb 5, 2020, 2:35 PM

YOLO***

Feb 5, 2020, 2:36 PM

Re: YOLO***

Feb 5, 2020, 2:38 PM

this is funny***

Feb 5, 2020, 2:37 PM [ in reply to He understands that History will remember ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it’s respectable that he’s sticking to his guns

Feb 5, 2020, 4:13 PM [ in reply to He understands that History will remember ]

I don’t think history will remember him as as being some hero.

We live in a world that cycles too fast.

Remember when we were in an uproar over the super bowl halftime show?

Good for him, but he won’t be in history books for this

Considering the historic nature of impeachment

Feb 5, 2020, 4:39 PM

and especially this impeachment, I disagree.

We'll have to wait and see what the narrative history chooses for this moment will be.

I respect anyone willing to cross party lines.

Feb 5, 2020, 2:31 PM

So dumb how everyone just votes along with their respected party.

*respective party***

Agree***

Feb 5, 2020, 2:45 PM [ in reply to I respect anyone willing to cross party lines. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really hope the GOP isolates him

Feb 5, 2020, 2:31 PM

take him off committees etc... NRSC should cut off all funding for his campaigns.

Its one thing if Susan Collins felt the need to vote to save her seat. This is about Mitt and his high brow sense that he's better than everyone else.

I'm so ####### glad I never voted for that SOB.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too bad you were so partisan years ago

He's an honorable person who would rather represent his principles than sell-out to Trump. I question whether he needs to go out of his way to annoy Trump-ites, but you really can't say anything critical of Trump or how Trump operates without annoying them. He could've taken the Lamar Alexander or Marco Rubio option, though.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and sound like idiots? Doubt he wanted to go that route***

Feb 5, 2020, 2:36 PM

In this case, you're being partisan again

Feb 5, 2020, 2:38 PM

You may disagree, but acknowledging what Trump did with regard to Ukraine while also not think it's worth removing the president over makes plenty of sense to a lot of people.

No it doesn't.

Feb 5, 2020, 2:46 PM

"We agree the president interfered in the election and asked for a foreign country to interfere in our elections for his personal benefit but we think he probably learned his lesson (despite his refusal to acknowledge he did anything wrong) and won't do it again. So, despite his trying to interfere in the election (and welcoming assistance from a foreign country in his first election) we think the best thing is to just leave him alone and not do anything."

That's their arguments.

you mizzpelled Pierre Delecto...hth***

Feb 5, 2020, 2:37 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Re: you mizzpelled Pierre 'Defecto'...

Feb 6, 2020, 9:50 AM

and I know that helps.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

doesnt change my thoughts on Romney

Feb 5, 2020, 2:40 PM

As far as moderates go. He seems like a good and genuine person.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, with binders full of women

Feb 5, 2020, 2:41 PM

does he claim to be a moderate? I thought he claimed to be a conservative, no?

I think he claims conservatism...

Feb 5, 2020, 2:43 PM

But heck, Trump is no conservative either

Trump has taken many conservative actions and positions

Feb 5, 2020, 2:46 PM

but, yeah, he's no conservative.

He's packed the court with conservative judges - much better record than George Bush on judges.

He's cut taxes - again, much better than dubya

agreed***

Feb 5, 2020, 2:47 PM

And Romney hasn't?

Feb 5, 2020, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Trump has taken many conservative actions and positions ]

If you look at who Trump was before actual conservatives got their claws into him and told him which judges to nominate, he was all over the place. He thought his sister was a good person to put on the bench.

I have exactly zero confidence that Romney would have

Feb 5, 2020, 3:04 PM

appointed Goresuch or Kavanaugh or many of the other conservatives appointed to the appellate and district court benches by Trump.

I'd bet my first born that Romney would have appointed Merrick Garland if he had been POTUS in 2017.

eggzackly***

Feb 5, 2020, 3:05 PM

I always enjoy a good old fashioned "who's the real

Feb 5, 2020, 3:23 PM [ in reply to I have exactly zero confidence that Romney would have ]

conservative" argument.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But somehow you had confidence Trump would?

Feb 5, 2020, 3:38 PM [ in reply to I have exactly zero confidence that Romney would have ]

Where do you think Trump got the idea to appoint those judges? The fact you think a Republican was going to nominate Garland is... interesting.

yes, he published a list!

Feb 5, 2020, 3:55 PM

Romney would have appointed Garland just for the praise from Chuck Todd and the media.

I'm sure Romney hates the idea of a Scalia or Gorsuch so much. His ideal jurist is probably Anthony Kennedy - they're too peas in a pod.

The fact is, you have no idea

Feb 5, 2020, 4:14 PM

Romney is and was far more plugged into the groups that came up with that list that Trump is or was. The rest you're just making up because you dislike Romney. One sort of funny thing that's happened is that people like you who so strongly professed to hate "RINOs" in the past now are in love with an actual RINO just because he's crude. There's an almost stunning lack of principle.

As far as Trump goes, look at who he thought would be a good judge before "Establishment" conservatives told him what to think. I suppose it's to his credit that he realized he didn't know anything about the judiciary, so he listened to conservatives who did.

^^ A lot of truf here ^^***

Feb 5, 2020, 5:41 PM

you're wrong to lump me in with those

Feb 6, 2020, 9:14 AM [ in reply to The fact is, you have no idea ]

loving RINOs. I still dislike Lindsey and the others. I'm not enamored with Trump. For me its purely transactional.

I don't love Trump but I do love the fact that there are conservatives on the Court and I have about $50k more in my pocket that would have been in government coffers had Hillary or a Romney won. As an equity partner in a large lawfirm, I benefited mightily from the business income deduction.

The fact is that I didn't believe Trump.

Feb 6, 2020, 9:47 AM [ in reply to The fact is, you have no idea ]

I knew he was a conman and liar. I did not vote for him. I had no confidence that he would be more faithful to his promises and supporters than I did with any president since Reagan. Reagan did much right as Gov of California.

Without being able to see Trump govern it was impossible to vote. I didn't vote for Hillary either but for a much different reason.

Since seeing him govern and having to swallow to tolerate his uncivilized trolling my confidence in him has grown.

I couldn't tell Romney and McCain from Obama.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trump has taken many conservative actions and positions

Feb 5, 2020, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Trump has taken many conservative actions and positions ]

He's also spending like Bernie and AOC too.

Feb 6, 2020, 9:49 AM

That's my only gripe with his governance. I don't like him trolling but that's not a political issue, imo.

People always want politicians to reach across the aisle

Feb 5, 2020, 2:52 PM

and vote their conscience until it happens and then they're like FUCK THAT GUY.

Actually, politicians are elected and paid (a lot)

Feb 5, 2020, 2:58 PM

Lots that's debatable here

Feb 5, 2020, 3:41 PM

Congressmen aren't elected to just reflect polling in their districts. They're people elected to represent a district, and part of that representation is their personal view of what would be best for their district.

Second, the hate for McCain after Trump freaked out about McCain's criticisms of him is hilarious. It's exactly what I noted elsewhere- Trump's cultists completely changed their minds based on something to do with Trump, which wasn't even substantial. It's like you all want to make politics into a soap opera.

Re: Lots that's debatable here

Feb 5, 2020, 3:49 PM

Exactly right...I don’t expect my rep or senator to vote based on polling or what they think will get them re-elected. I truly want them to do what THEY think is best for my district, state, and ultimately...the country. Too many expect blind allegiance to a cause/movement/dogma...and too many politicians are happy to comply in their own self interest.

So Romney is saying that he is wiser and has more morals

Feb 5, 2020, 4:02 PM

Pretty evident that he does....***

Feb 5, 2020, 4:09 PM

Is that what he said?

Feb 5, 2020, 4:28 PM [ in reply to So Romney is saying that he is wiser and has more morals ]

Seems like he just voted for what he thought was right. His constituents and the other Senators can do the same.

My dislike for McCain has zero to do with Trump

Feb 5, 2020, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Lots that's debatable here ]

I strongly doubt that

Feb 5, 2020, 4:14 PM

Just the fact that you're so strongly associating Romney with McCain shows what your motivations are.

So now you're telling me what I think

Feb 5, 2020, 4:16 PM

cam is smarter than, didnt you know that?***

Feb 5, 2020, 4:17 PM

It's pretty obvious

Feb 5, 2020, 4:19 PM [ in reply to So now you're telling me what I think ]

The fact is that just about anybody in here is of better character than Donald Trump. That you're trying to make recognition of that fact into a "holier than thou attitude" just shows how scrambled your brain is by the cult you belong to. You won't even let yourself be principled.

Kind of sad, really.

What's sad is you intentionally not reading what is being

Feb 5, 2020, 4:55 PM

So you just happen to really hate Romney and McCain

Feb 5, 2020, 5:41 PM

Who just happen to have been two of Trump's most frequent Republican critics. OK. Tell me about other frequent Trump critics in the Republican Party who you like.

A lot Republicans have criticized Trump at different points

Feb 5, 2020, 6:52 PM

I don't understand this sentiment

Feb 6, 2020, 9:26 AM

How do you know McCain's vote was personal or because he wanted to appear to be a statesman? This is the same guy who pushed back at his own political rally against the idea that Obama was evil or wanted to destroy the country. With everything he went through during his life, I think the safer assumption is that he had a real reason for voting against the repeal. I mean, he said it was because he thought it was irresponsible to repeal it without replacing it with something else didn't he?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s just so hard to discern motives anymore.

Feb 5, 2020, 3:55 PM

It’s possible he was just as he said, a man who took the evidence and made an objective opinion. But as he said, he’s confident it won’t matter. Would he still vote that way if he knew it was the deciding vote? Also, we know he does not like Trump. Was this an objective move? Who knows?

I am not sure that I agree with his retorts of the defense’s arguments...and I know I don’t agree with his second point. I just don’t understand how you can say that this was such a blatant abuse of power that it could be cause for removal and doesn’t have to be a crime per se, but then say that Biden’s actions shouldn’t have been investigated because it was just unsavory, and not a crime. That makes no sense to me.

Anyway, good speech.

null

Romney sucks. I voted for Obama vs Mitt. ******

Feb 5, 2020, 4:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've done worse to get laid.***

Feb 6, 2020, 9:52 AM

Re: Stunning speech just now by Senator Romney

Feb 5, 2020, 6:37 PM

That was an amazing speech and from the heart and soul, right or wrong.

I respect him voting his heart. It's nice to be able to go

Feb 5, 2020, 6:51 PM

home and look your wives in their eyes with a clear conscience.

Don't get upset with yourself over your sudden...

Feb 5, 2020, 6:59 PM

transformation, Romney will vote with Mitch on the next senate bill and you can return to loathing him again.

Re: Don't get upset with yourself over your sudden...

Feb 6, 2020, 9:53 AM

We never claimed he wasnt a Repub. We dont loathe all Repubs. We respect his honesty. Thats all. We know Trump is a lying fraud dirtbag. Thats all we agree with with Romney about.

Re: Stunning speech just now by Senator Romney

Feb 6, 2020, 12:26 PM

Yeah, stunning RINO one-term lying senator.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1225203837226700800?s=20

Who’s home state is trying to recall him:

https://nationalfile.com/utah-conservatives-launch-recall-romney-effort-to-defend-president-trump/

Who’s linked to Burisma:

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/09/mitt_romney_adviser_sits_on_burisma_board_of_directors.html

Replies: 66
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic