Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wonder what Herbie thinks tonite, Texas shoulda been in CFP*
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 488

Wonder what Herbie thinks tonite, Texas shoulda been in CFP*

Jan 2, 2019, 12:06 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGA has peaked. It's all downhill from here.

Jan 2, 2019, 9:45 AM

They felt shafted. I guarantee you UGA would have given us a much harder game than ND did if they had been in the playoffs. I figured they'd lose because of the "Don't want to be here" syndrome.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree they would have put up more fight.

Jan 2, 2019, 10:20 AM

I actaully keep forgetting they lost to LSU. That and not winning the conference have to mean something in the current format. UGA did not deserve a shot at the belt. Should have won the Royal Rumble, that guarantees you a shot at belt for Wrestlemania.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just think we need 8 teams. I'd say UGA is better than OK

Jan 2, 2019, 10:25 AM

Even with two losses. There were three undefeated teams this year, with an asterisk for ND because they played one less game because no conference championship. That leaves a lot of one-loss teams and very good teams competing for that 4th spot. We won the NC with one loss, but that very same year we may not have even made the cut with the loss to Pitt if there had been 3 undefeated teams above us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where do you stop it though?

Jan 2, 2019, 10:30 AM

Because there will always be a crappy 3-4 loss team who was good the year before (or at some time in the last century, and I'm talking to you, Notre Dame and Georgia) who say they should be in it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everyone who had a complaint this year, and any really...

Jan 2, 2019, 2:48 PM

would be in the top 8 teams. No one past #8 is a legit NC contender. When they started this I knew plenty of years there were more than 4 teams who could win it all.

Honestly, I'd just assume the NCAA take back that extra regular season game they gave and added an extra playoff game in place of it.

Since the playoff's started, has there really been a year...

Jan 2, 2019, 10:44 AM [ in reply to I just think we need 8 teams. I'd say UGA is better than OK ]

when we didn't have the 2 best teams play for the championship?

That is the goal of the whole thing.

I'm good with 8 teams.

Jan 2, 2019, 10:52 AM [ in reply to I just think we need 8 teams. I'd say UGA is better than OK ]

If you went all 5 power 5, the best group of 5 then two at larges, those last two spots need bad draws to punish them for not winning the conference.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like 6 teams

Jan 2, 2019, 11:17 AM

5 conference champs, 1 at-large team. 3-6 play each other 1st week, and 1 & 2 get a bye.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Im on board with the guy who hates pickles***

Jan 2, 2019, 11:39 AM

If they expand it, I think that would be the right way....

Jan 2, 2019, 11:51 AM [ in reply to I like 6 teams ]

with the semi-finals on New Year's Day

Look at how the No. 8 team has done in the playoff era:

Jan 2, 2019, 1:43 PM

2014: No. 8 Michigan State 42, No. 5 Baylor 41

2015: No. 7 Ohio St. 44, No. 8 Notre Dame 28

2016: No. 8 Wisconsin 24, No. 15 Western Michigan 16

2017: No. 5 Ohio State 24, No. 8 USC 7

2018: No. 11 LSU 40, No. 8 UCF 32

For the five years of the playoff, only Alabama and Clemson have been No. 1. Does anyone believe any of the above eighth-ranked teams would have challenged a top-ranked Alabama or Clemson?

Take another look at that list. You see that victory by Ohio State in 2017? That's the only victory by a fifth-ranked team in the playoff era. That may speak to the motivation of the first team left out of the playoff. Georgia made so many uncharacteristic mistakes -- poor ballhandling, missed tackles, etc. -- Tuesday night in its 28-21 loss to No. 15 Texas that the Bulldogs played as if they had a bad case of Woe Is Us.

I don't think it should be expanded at all right now....

Jan 2, 2019, 2:00 PM

the goal is to get the 2 best teams to play

The 4-team playoff replaced the BCS because many thought we weren't always getting the 2 best teams.

I don't think a case can be made that we haven't had the 2 best teams every year of the playoffs.

UGA is cycling out.

Jan 2, 2019, 10:30 AM [ in reply to UGA has peaked. It's all downhill from here. ]

Poor Gamecocks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

I am interested to hear Kirks take now that he has to eat

Jan 2, 2019, 11:38 AM

crow. But Im too lazy to good look for his comments

"Hey..so what if they lost 3 times? They are still one of

Jan 2, 2019, 2:08 PM

the best teams in college football."

Is the same thing that TOSU and ND fans say every. year.

Replies: 15
| visibility 488
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic