Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wonder if the committee will still consider GT a quality win
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,267

Wonder if the committee will still consider GT a quality win

Nov 12, 2014, 2:28 PM

If we blow them out. They are quoted to be looking for "top 25" wins to determine placement in their rankings. Well if GT looks bad against us, and we wipe the floor with them, they may not consider them a quality opponent.

I think the committee is setting a dangerous precedent in the way they are not punishing teams to losing to good teams,no matter the score, yet not rewarding teams that continue to win. If the polls continue to look like this, I would imagine some changes coming sooner than later.

FSU dropping after not losing a game in 2 years? A 3 loss LSU team still in the top 20? A 2 loss Mich State team, who just got whipped at home still in the top 12?? I just don't get it. You lose, you lose...you win, you win and you should be rewarded accordingly.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually, GT will be considered a dissapointing win to the

Nov 12, 2014, 2:31 PM

committee unless we don't blow them out.

SEC has quality losses. ACC has dissapointing wins.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Actually, GT will be considered a dissapointing win to the

Nov 12, 2014, 2:32 PM

Well then Auburn should have moved down after only beating SC by 7

Nov 12, 2014, 2:33 PM

But that was an SEC team.

Message was edited by: clover65®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2014, 2:35 PM

oh yeh...right

I think we will have to wipe

Nov 12, 2014, 2:31 PM

three floors in a row before we even break the top 15 with all the teams ahead of us playing each other. They can lose and not drop more than a couple of spots.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, but if GA beats GT

Nov 12, 2014, 2:36 PM

It will just prove that the SEC is the greatest football league ever, and that the Broncos and Seahawks would finish 5th and 6th in the SEC.

Especially since ESPiN has us on up-set alert and all.***

Nov 12, 2014, 2:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Wonder if the committee will still consider GT a quality win

Nov 12, 2014, 2:55 PM

Great post most of these I question, I have mixed emotions because I want to pull for the ACC, but FSU has lost what little respect I had to the Shameis debacle. It is funny how we got punished for losing to Jawja, then when we lost in OT after playing Free Shoes off their feet we drop out and now all these Sec teams lose bad to other Sec teams and they don't drop out of the Top 10??

The sad part on our Tigers part is if we win we will get to climb one of two spots if we lose we will drop out of the Top 20, how we are treated is not fair, we whipped both LSU and Ohio St and they both are getting more respect then we are right now! Va Tech spanked the Buckeyes and LSU played a down by their standards Alabama off their feet and they are not punished for losing to them!

A team losing 59-0 and still ranked? Unbelievable.***

Nov 12, 2014, 4:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

No, consider this

Nov 12, 2014, 4:11 PM

The committee chair said last night that fsu only had two top 25 wins, Clemson and ND. However, Louisville was ranked 25th at the time fsu played them, yet the committee chair doesnt count that as a top 25 win because they're currently unranked.

When we beat Georgia tech, they will fall out of the top 25, and unless they beat Georgia, they'll remain unranked.

Nothing better than getting the W.***

Nov 12, 2014, 4:17 PM

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,267
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic