Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wonder if Jim Phillips called the play by play in Heaven,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Wonder if Jim Phillips called the play by play in Heaven,

Feb 12, 2017, 8:28 AM

when the Tigers won the National Championship?! Would have loved to hear his call on Renfrows catch!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wonder if Jim Phillips called the play by play in Heaven,

Feb 12, 2017, 8:32 AM

Phillips was the man .
Miss his voice on Saturdays , takes me back to childhood and hearing the call of those great 1980's teams .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 12, 2017, 8:35 AM

Me too!

Feb 12, 2017, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Wonder if Jim Phillips called the play by play in Heaven, ]

I certainly hope he did. I loved Jim's broadcasts. Lets change the hope to he did. Great job on that call Jim.

Feb 12, 2017, 9:10 AM

I dont believe he got to call the 81 one either. I dont think our radio was allowed to cover it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2017, 10:15 AM

NCAA used to have a rule which allowed a team's radio network to do a bowl game. We used this rule when I worked with Jim at that cold Peach Bowl. They did not allow us in the press box and we nearly froze. Tim would know about the other bowl games including 81.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coldest I've ever been, and no

Feb 12, 2017, 2:02 PM

he didn't get to call the Orange Bowl. Mutual Radio had exclusive rights

Feb 12, 2017, 9:11 AM

when I was younger, going to a Clemson football game was extremely exciting and it still is today. Especially when I take my son. But listening to his voice and Leonard's Losers were things I will always remember. I hope my son will be able to have the same memories I have when he gets older and shares them with his children.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Speaking of Jim Phillips

Feb 12, 2017, 9:49 AM

Is there a place to find audio of his more famous calls? This got me thinking and I did a google search and every link I found was no longer available. That and the TD drive Bob Fulton called in 03 against MTSU. I remember listening to it live and getting a bit choked up.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Speaking of Jim Phillips-Someone posted a Priester

Feb 12, 2017, 9:56 AM

highlight video not long ago and his calls were included on each one. it was wonderful

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jim Phillips is why I became a Clemson fan

Feb 12, 2017, 10:45 AM

We couldn't afford to attend football or basketball games back then, so he was our only connection to Clemson.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic