Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Story from the game Saturday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Story from the game Saturday

Nov 18, 2018, 8:51 PM

Took my son and another prospect for unofficial visits saturday and the atmosphere pre game is at an all time high. I haven't been on the sideline for a game in quite a few years, and it was like I was there for the first time... just WOW!!

But I ran into a former coot player (and friend) on the sideline during pre game, and he is the godfather of one of our 2019 commits. we talked for quite a while and I reiterated to him what I have said for years, that is their view of Clemson from the outside is tainted but putting the rivalry aside, they cannot deny that Clemson is first class. He hesitated for as long as he could in answering but finally admitted that seeing it from the inside, Clemson is on another level and he couldn't disagree with his godson's choice.

The committed recruits visited with Dabo today so he (my friend) got some one on one time with Dabo and completely backed off his past rants of cheerleader and not a coach, doesn't know football just hires good coordinators and staff, gave Kelly Bryant the shaft and the rawest of deals to now saying that our coaches and program are the best he has ever seen and read about, and also, "I'm glad my godson is there"...

But the icing on the cake was that he told me that he had a hand in his godson getting a front row view of Clemson on the field when he took him to the game in cooterville last year for that 34-10 scrimmage and he made him stay for the whole game because he fully expected the coots to make a second half run... LOL

I thanked him for his contribution to our 2019 recruiting class and bid him a great week!! LOL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WoW...what a neat post of a real-time sideline experience

Nov 18, 2018, 9:45 PM

involving a Coot & Clemson Football’s present greatness!

And you have a nice writing style that also did not show vindictiveness or mean-spiritness towards your Gamecocck friend.

ThX!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we have debated the rivalry and all things Clemson/USuCk

Nov 18, 2018, 10:37 PM

for a couple of decades now, but we are truly friends... supporting each other personally, professionally and spiritually. just as well, I don't ascribe to being vindictive unless a coot crosses the line with me first, at that point it's just putting them in their place... LOL

thank you for the kind words!

#AllIn
#GoTigers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stories like these

Nov 18, 2018, 9:50 PM

Are the little nuggets of gold that make religiously sifting through the dirt that is tnet boards worth it.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thank you! I appreciate the kind words!***

Nov 18, 2018, 10:38 PM

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic