Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Clemson players show support for Trayvon Martin
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 129
| visibility 51

Football Update: Clemson players show support for Trayvon Martin

Apr 1, 2012, 11:02 PM

Clemson players show support for Trayvon Martin

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, justice for Trayvon***

Apr 1, 2012, 11:25 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yeah, justice for Trayvon***

Apr 1, 2012, 11:28 PM

That whole case really baffles me...how have they not made an arrest

Witnesses, maybe?

Apr 2, 2012, 9:34 AM

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/neighbor-defends-george-zimmerman-03302012

Re: Witnesses, maybe?

Apr 2, 2012, 9:48 AM

Friend maybe?

Maybe. And maybe just another media circus:

Apr 2, 2012, 9:58 AM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/post/nbc-to-do-internal-investigation-on-zimmerman-segment/2012/03/31/gIQAc4HhnS_blog.html?hpid=z6

If the witness is white he is lying

Apr 2, 2012, 1:12 PM

obviously, he walked up and point blank killed the kid just because he was black

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Zimmerman's lying, the police are lying, the witnesses are

Apr 2, 2012, 1:23 PM

lying, the family is lying, the recording is lying.

But Al Sharpton, he's is honest as his cousin Barry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tawana_Brawley_rape_allegations

http://frontpagemag.com/2012/03/30/trayvon-martin-sharptons-latest-racist-lying-game/

Re: Zimmerman's lying, the police are lying, the witnesses are

Apr 2, 2012, 1:36 PM

You don't need all that to prove Sharpton is a liar. You are wasting your brain power. Everyone agrees. He is just one of the clowns in the circus. Sad how black and white separate when this stuff happens. If the guy had taken the advice of 911 no one would be dead. End of story. Smh at some of you on here. If it was a young white kid I would still be pissed because it would've been because he had piercings or long hair or something. No reason to die.

Thanks for proving my point. Sharpton's IS a liar. Sharpton

Apr 2, 2012, 2:06 PM

is a crook. And Sharpton has never in his life taken up for an innocent person. (The Brawley case was just his first.) The pitiful thing is that there are many examples of innocent blacks (and Latinos and Asians and Europeans) being mistreated. The truth is, Sharpton's never once stood up for them.

So here's a little tip for those of you who are really, really slow: if Jesse and Al are behind 'em, you don't want to be in front of 'em. Period.

Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have been irrelevant for 15...

Apr 2, 2012, 8:13 PM

years. A majority of Black people do not pay attention to them. In fact Black people never paid any attention to Sharpton. The only place you will find Jesse Jackson these days is on Fox News. So why are you constantly bringing them up? They have nothing to do with this issue.

Actually, they've been irrelevant since the day they were

Apr 2, 2012, 8:50 PM

birthed, but I bring 'em up to irk lib ####### and show them for what they are.

P.S. Didn't know Fox News had bought the communist news network. Thanks for updating me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW1w0M9OV4s

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-769188

http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/26/rev-jesse-jackson-sr-on-trayvon-marting-shooting-justice-denied-is-humiliating/

You are a piece of work

Apr 2, 2012, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Thanks for proving my point. Sharpton's IS a liar. Sharpton ]

Wow. Dude you are over the place. So full of hate. No one will argue with you the stuff you say about Jesse and al but to suggest that anyone they get behind is not innocent is down right sad and just plain wrong and stupid. I have no doubt that they have manufactured stuff in their "careers" to try and remain relevant however they aso try and piggy back off of real situations attempting to gain credibility. They actually discredit the situations but doesn't mean the people are not innocent. They and the media force themselves even when they are not wanted. It's hard to have a conversation with you. You probably could be really smart but you are convinced that you are already smart enough.

Again, I don't care what the kid did before that night and I don't care what the shooter did before that night. Bottomline is nobody deserved to die that night. He should have stood down like the authorities suggested and no one would be dead. If you dont agree with that then YOU are really really slow.

There's been no arrest because the guy is half white. His Latino half is expediting the police decision however.***

Apr 1, 2012, 11:31 PM

my new favorite race has been created for this

Apr 1, 2012, 11:42 PM

white hispanic....they had to tie "white" with it to make it a news story. black killing black, or hispanic killing black is not a story, but it goes on every night

I guess that makes obama, white african american?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he really isn't white hispanic…..

Apr 1, 2012, 11:48 PM

white hispanic would be a person who has Spanish ancestor's and have no native american or african ancestory. So yes there are white hispanics. If you would have went down to the Orange Bowl in Miami or if you have ever been down there before, you would have seen a lot of pale white people speaking Spanish.

George Zimmerman is half white/half hispanic.

of course he's not, but media has to make him white

Apr 1, 2012, 11:50 PM

to have a story here.

and ps, I was at orange bowl and was scared our car wouldn't be there when we got back

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wasn't scared, but if I would go to game at Billy Brice...

Apr 1, 2012, 11:55 PM

I would be. Probably would get stabbed or robbed by someone with a gun.

been there plenty of times and no problems with

Apr 1, 2012, 11:59 PM

white hispanics or white african americans

now some of those white coot fans can be down right obnoxious.

gotta give you a thumbs up for that***

Apr 2, 2012, 12:12 AM

Re: I wasn't scared, but if I would go to game at Billy Brice...

Apr 2, 2012, 8:15 AM [ in reply to I wasn't scared, but if I would go to game at Billy Brice... ]

YOU SHOULD NEVER get caught at a coot game in cootlumbia with your own heat. Its very stupid if you're not packing. I'm not saying you should broadcast you're packing. But at least have it to protect you and yours....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if you brandish you better be ready to use it

Apr 2, 2012, 1:14 PM

because you just gave the other guy rights to use deadly force

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Once his Mom gets done trademarking and copyrighting his name she'll focus on justice again.

Apr 1, 2012, 11:33 PM

The whole situation is rife with idiots. God bless them all.

that money is going to charities***

Apr 1, 2012, 11:38 PM

Yep, I'm sure it will.***

Apr 1, 2012, 11:41 PM

or say they said, but hey this is America greed is good,….

Apr 1, 2012, 11:43 PM

don't you agree? Or are you one of those pinko hippie communists?

Nah, I'm red blooded cold hearted American.***

Apr 1, 2012, 11:45 PM

then you should have no problem with the trademarking….

stuff then right?

I'd wait until the body was cold before I did all that.

Apr 1, 2012, 11:55 PM

I guess I'm a little soft-hearted after all.

his body was cold after he got plugged***

Apr 2, 2012, 12:00 AM

Nah, actually takes about 30 to 45 minutes

Apr 2, 2012, 9:09 AM

depending on the temperature and environment the body is in. Just saying.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

also her tour to DC to hang out with the real racists

Apr 1, 2012, 11:44 PM [ in reply to Once his Mom gets done trademarking and copyrighting his name she'll focus on justice again. ]

in this country

Re: Football Update: Clemson players show support for Trayvon Martin

Apr 1, 2012, 11:33 PM

I just want to know what happened and have some closure. I'm sick of some people saying he only shot him because he was black and looked suspicious and others saying Trayvon attacked Mr. Zimmerman. Both sides are so different I just want to know the truth rather than a "he said she said" between witnesses without an arrest or any kind of investigation.

Here's a Novel Idea - Why Not Back Off

Apr 1, 2012, 11:41 PM

and let law enforcement - cops, detectives - do their jobs without the help of so many groups, including the media, that have NO clue of what all happened.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Law Enforcement hasn't done it's job, they tried covering it

Apr 1, 2012, 11:44 PM

up before it got national media attention.

that very well may be the case...

Apr 2, 2012, 12:07 AM

but you are making some very absolute statements. Maybe we should wait and see, unless of course you have more facts than the rest of us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the problem; people are jumping to conclusions all

Apr 2, 2012, 12:12 AM

over the place. If Zimmerman turns out to be a racist trigger happy Barney Fife, then lock him up and throw away the key. If Travon turns out to be the aggressor, then major apologies are in order from his "supporters".

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

of course...

Apr 2, 2012, 12:15 AM

but you only form unbiased opinions if you've already convinced yourself that everybody is racist and that capitalists are greedy

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since when did Barney Fife become racist? And since when did

Apr 2, 2012, 12:16 AM [ in reply to That's the problem; people are jumping to conclusions all ]

Barney Fife become a good shot? And when did Barney Fife outsmart a criminal?

Re: That's the problem; people are jumping to conclusions all

Apr 2, 2012, 11:17 AM [ in reply to That's the problem; people are jumping to conclusions all ]

You think they will apologize? They are the same people who crucified the Duke Lacrosse team. No apology was ever given in that one I dont expect anything different IF this turns out to be a similar situation.

null

^ is at the scene and has inside info***

Apr 2, 2012, 12:07 AM [ in reply to Law Enforcement hasn't done it's job, they tried covering it ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Here's a Novel Idea - Why Not Back Off

Apr 1, 2012, 11:50 PM [ in reply to Here's a Novel Idea - Why Not Back Off ]

That's why I'm not taking a side. I just said I want some closure. I don't know what happened and so I won't put my two cents in other than me just saying that I want to find out what actually did happen.

Has Zimmerman already been tried?

Apr 1, 2012, 11:35 PM

I mean in a court of law, not the media. Are all of the facts known?

I must have missed it.

- H. L. Mencken

he has had two run ins with law before this….

Apr 1, 2012, 11:38 PM

one of them was domestic violence.

And Travon was suspended from school for drugs.

Apr 1, 2012, 11:58 PM

Neither, however, has anything to do with this.

- H. L. Mencken

uh, yes Zimmerman's violent history does have something...

Apr 2, 2012, 12:05 AM

to do with it. People who have committed violent acts before are often likely to repeat it. He was involved with a domestic violence incident and resisted arrest. You would think somebody with that kind of history would not be able to get a concealed weapons permit. Also, Zimmerman is a wanna be cop, but his baggage took away the opportunity to become a cop. Wanna be cop who takes a neighborhood watch too seriously.

And Travon, having a recent prior drug incident, was

Apr 2, 2012, 12:16 AM

probably stealing something that night so he could buy drugs. This proves that Zimmerman in the right. Can't argue with facts.

- H. L. Mencken

^^^can't argue with ignorance^^^***

Apr 2, 2012, 12:35 AM

this is going very badly***

Apr 2, 2012, 12:35 AM

Re: uh, yes Zimmerman's violent history does have something...

Apr 2, 2012, 9:18 AM [ in reply to uh, yes Zimmerman's violent history does have something... ]

So you think our former soccer coach will repeat again?

You have no clue what the DV charge was about just like our coach. He was done wrong,wrong and wrong again.

You just proved my point, our former soccer coach had a...

Apr 2, 2012, 8:15 PM

history of getting into fights with his daughter. Are you really going defend what Trevor Adair did?

He hasn't been tried, because they won't even arrest him...

Apr 1, 2012, 11:39 PM [ in reply to Has Zimmerman already been tried? ]

explain to me how an unarrested person can be tried in court?

Re: He hasn't been tried, because they won't even arrest him...

Apr 2, 2012, 9:19 AM

How do you know he should be arrested in the first place?

Because some Jesse Jackson says so?

What's your fascination with Jesse Jackson? The only place

Apr 2, 2012, 8:17 PM

you can see Jesse Jackson these days is on Fox News, which I don't even watch. Jesse Jackson has been irrelevant nationally for at least 15 years.

he has been tried and convicted

Apr 2, 2012, 9:31 AM [ in reply to He hasn't been tried, because they won't even arrest him... ]

on abc cbs and nbc.

uh, no he hasn't***

Apr 2, 2012, 8:18 PM

Watch CNN-This guy makes David Duke look like Malcolm X.***

Apr 1, 2012, 11:40 PM [ in reply to Has Zimmerman already been tried? ]

These facts are known…….

Apr 1, 2012, 11:42 PM [ in reply to Has Zimmerman already been tried? ]

he was on the phone with the police chasing the kid. The police tell him not to pursue, he still pursues and goes on to shoot Martin. Bottom line if he listens to the police, none of us would know who Trayvon Martin or George Zimmerman is.

911 says to stop and he says ok... how do you not know

Apr 1, 2012, 11:43 PM

martin didn't come back. eyewitness says the fight was at the car and martin was on top

because it was on tape of the phone call to the police….

Apr 2, 2012, 12:20 AM

you could hear he was still running after the police told him to stop. The eyewitness is Zimmerman's friend. Now really how good of a witness is his friend really going to be. And do you really believe a skinny teenager would be able to take down a grown man that at least has 50 pounds on him and a gun?

Re: because it was on tape of the phone call to the police….

Apr 2, 2012, 9:24 AM

Skinny kid? You've only seen the pictures of him at 12 yrs of age!!!!!!! Why don't they show him at age 17???

Why did they take down his facebook page??? Because they were some stuff on there that made him look like a thug.

The kid has been in trouble more than once so don't just assume let the police do their job

exactly, another media disservice

Apr 2, 2012, 11:05 AM

I heard he was 6 3" and an athletic football player. Not too many bean pole wimpy kids that play that sport.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: because it was on tape of the phone call to the police….

Apr 2, 2012, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Re: because it was on tape of the phone call to the police…. ]

Agree I dont know what happened that ngiht but I think it is an absolute joke how the media is portraying this kid.

null

and George Zimmerman has been in trouble more than once...

Apr 2, 2012, 8:20 PM [ in reply to Re: because it was on tape of the phone call to the police…. ]

that's why he couldn't get his dream job of being a cop, because he has a criminal past. So facebook postings talking tough make some one a thug? I guess Chad Kelly is a thug too then.

No, but bragging about being suspended from school

Apr 3, 2012, 2:02 PM

because he punched out his bus driver, and having gold grills, and having a Twitter account under the name "NO_LIMIT_NIGGA"..... with Tweets like this:

"f*ck a b*tch, any b*tch.. who you want? take yo pick, but you gone have to take yo time."

or

"A f*ck ##### is FOREVER a #### #####! F*ck 'em!"

yeah..

he's a freaking thug.

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER- http://twitter.com/#!/SonsOfClemson

is there a video of this?

Apr 1, 2012, 11:47 PM [ in reply to These facts are known……. ]

if not there are no known facts at this time on what Zimmerman did, only assumptions.

depends on the news you watch, but msnbc changed

Apr 1, 2012, 11:48 PM

their 911 recording and got busted

actually NBC, not msnbc...

it is hard to tell

at this point, what's the difference?***

Apr 1, 2012, 11:51 PM

Re: depends on the news you watch, but msnbc changed

Apr 2, 2012, 9:25 AM [ in reply to depends on the news you watch, but msnbc changed ]

Really do tell LOL I would love to read about this. NBC is the worst

Same thing with the OJ Simpson case, there was no video...

Apr 2, 2012, 12:23 AM [ in reply to is there a video of this? ]

tape of it, so OJ couldn't have possibly done it, without there being actually video tape. I mean no one has ever been convicted of murder without a video tape showing them commit murder.

so you are are convicting this man on zero evidence so

Apr 2, 2012, 9:42 AM

far without any trial whatsoever yet. Nice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so you are defending George Zimmerman with zero evidence...

Apr 2, 2012, 8:21 PM

and your backwards racism.

Really? Zimmerman said he did stop pursuing and

Apr 1, 2012, 11:54 PM [ in reply to These facts are known……. ]

was walking back to his SUV when he was attacked. So no, we don't know those "facts".

- H. L. Mencken

OJ said he was home asleep while Nicole Simpson and Ron...

Apr 2, 2012, 12:27 AM

Goldman were murdered. So no, we don't know those "facts".

Also known, Martin was shot in the chest not in the back

Apr 2, 2012, 8:37 AM [ in reply to These facts are known……. ]

as he would have been if he was running away. It is a tragedy anytime someone is killed, young or old. But there are to many questions in this case to condemn Zimmerman yet. If there was a fight and Martin was pounding on Zimmerman then I can see self defense, stand your ground or what ever. I also can see that if he hadn't followed Martin where this would be a non-issue. I wonder why anyone has not asked the question why Martin was in a Gated community with no ties to that community in the first place? If you don't live there you don't belong there.

If someone that doesn't live in our neighborhood comes walking thru there is 20 people watching and wondering why they are there.

I have no sympathy for either one, one was where he shouldn't have been and the other probably shouldn't have confronted the other, just watched as his role was.

One of his parents lived in that neighborhood…..

Apr 2, 2012, 8:24 PM

Oh, but I see, you thought it was a whites only neighborhood. You have great logic, just because someone is walking where they don't live they should be shot and killed. You should be nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize.

"facts"

Apr 2, 2012, 8:23 PM [ in reply to These facts are known……. ]

Not sure anyone knows what the "facts" are other than GZ shot TM.

FWIW, the police did NOT tell him not to pursue. Someone at dispatch said "you don't need to do that".

GZ claims he was done with his pursuit and was headed back to his SUV when confronted by TM.

Bottom line is that the facts aren't known, and probably won't be for quite some time if ever.

Re: Has Zimmerman already been tried?

Apr 1, 2012, 11:43 PM [ in reply to Has Zimmerman already been tried? ]

I think Obama has already sentenced him, so no need for all that trial stuff.

I thought Tigernet was one place that I could escape this media frenzy.

The real question is: Do the Black Panthers have him and if so, have they killed him yet? After all, they're paying a million bucks for Black Panther justice, so they need to get their money's worth I guess. What's Sharpton and Jackson saying these days about all of this?

( shaking head )

btw: I hate this happened, but nobody seems to give a chit about the WHITE MSU student that was shot and killed by 3 BLACK guys. I'm still waiting for Obama to speak on that issue - oh wait...

Re: Has Zimmerman already been tried?

Amen and how in the h3ll could someone give this post a TD. I guess the truth hurts

What about the white guy who got ganged at Seneca Applebee's

Apr 1, 2012, 11:44 PM

Where's his justice? Or was that just getting back at him for slavery?

Re: What about the white guy who got ganged at Seneca Applebee's

Apr 2, 2012, 12:00 AM

Listen to Niger Innis and you'll have what you want, which isn't really what anyone wants, but will tell you the most likely reason why

That was a terrible thing, but the difference is that

Apr 2, 2012, 12:01 AM [ in reply to What about the white guy who got ganged at Seneca Applebee's ]

arrests have been made in that case.

- H. L. Mencken

It was a hate crime, but you won't hear it called that.***

Apr 2, 2012, 9:03 AM

Re: What about the white guy who got ganged at Seneca Applebee's

Apr 2, 2012, 12:17 AM [ in reply to What about the white guy who got ganged at Seneca Applebee's ]

awaiting your reply to the fact that arrests were made in the seneca applebees case. Person is beat up, people are arrested. We can't always stop people from being beat up by criminals but we can ARREST them after it happens. America is just awaiting the arrest part.

I agree with others that stated, if he would have stood down like he was told, none of this would have happened. Wow to anyone that believes he(zimmerman) immediately stood down as he was told by 911 officials based on the phone call that was made and the details as it was told by the person on the phone with the kid.

You think Sharpton is going to drop this after an arrest?***

Apr 2, 2012, 9:06 AM

Any arrests for those putting bounty on his head?

Apr 2, 2012, 9:14 AM

How about Spike Lee tweeting the wrong address resulting in terrorizing an elderly couple? Where's their justice?

Re: Any arrests for those putting bounty on his head?

Apr 2, 2012, 9:20 AM

Sharpton is a clown. Blame the media for his existence. I have never met anyone in my life in all the places that I have lived or traveled, and I grew up poor and spend plenty of time in my old community, and have yet to meet anyone, anyone, who follows or agrees with Sharpton or Jesse. The media gives them the mic and they are guilty of showing up and taking over. Spike Lee should be sued by that poor family having to deal with his retweet and the original tweeters shoud be punished as well. Nothing but common sense here my friend.

Can't sling a dead cat without hitting a clown these days

Apr 2, 2012, 9:27 AM

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/03/30/Hoodie-Wearing-Gunmen-Kill-1-Wound-5-in-Rushs-Chicago-District

Re: Can't sling a dead cat without hitting a clown these days

The Patriots coach wears a hoodie. He should be "a person of interest".

I guess that's what makes him a thief:

Apr 2, 2012, 10:00 AM

http://www.nysun.com/sports/nfl-needs-to-suspend-belichick-for-sign-stealing/62434/

The only media that interviews Jesse Jackson anymore is Fox***

Apr 2, 2012, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Any arrests for those putting bounty on his head? ]

Sheeple

Apr 2, 2012, 8:43 AM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/post/nbc-to-do-internal-investigation-on-zimmerman-segment/2012/03/31/gIQAc4HhnS_blog.html?hpid=z6

Apr 2, 2012, 10:43 AM

Personally I am disappointed that members of a team representing a University would do this as a group based on hearsay. So far the facts that will be discovered during an investigation are unknown. Jumping to conclusions at this point appears to be a reaction rather than logical thinking. Many may draw another conclusion but out of respect I will not go there.

I can understand their empathy and sympathy but feel it is inappropriate to, as part of a team, make a public statement.

I have a problem with the new Black Panthers

Apr 2, 2012, 11:35 AM

Making public bounties? They should have been marched off in hand cuffs. I guess that's what makes this country great even if they are death threats. Free speech act should be challenged in this one. I do have a problem with showing toddler photos of the victim and showing a Hispanic in orange jail scrubs also. The media and society has become disgusting with certain agendas getting a pass.

Spike Lee should be jailed too along with that dog squeeze Roseanne Barr. Barr, “was good to let ppl know that no one can hide anymore.”

Think the Liberal media has an agenda?

Well they did make a statement so what are you going to do..

Apr 2, 2012, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Clemson players show support for Trayvon Martin ]

about it? Are you going to confront them?

This is irresponsible and disappointing.

Apr 2, 2012, 10:44 AM

It's way too early to be backing any horse in this race. Those who unequivocally support either faction here do so aparently only out of allegiance to race or personal politics (e.g., gun control views, white guilt). Jarvis is having a "the police acted stupidly" moment before all the facts are in, as are some of you and many in the 24/7 information echo chamber.

This is going to go down in one of two ways:

1) Zimmerman is tried and convicted of manslaughter / murder, fairly or unfairly. Elements of our society rejoice - replete with tears and statements of "We won this one but there's plenty more work to do re: race in America" (the fight never really ends, does it?)- due to their "team" having won. Others deride the biased media coverage and absolute impossibility of anyone having a speedy and fair trial under these circumstances, but no one really cares because it's not their civil rights being trampled, certain societal elements have been appeased (like a sacrificial offering to the gods of old) and, besides, at least we won't have riots (well...).

2) Zimmerman is tried and acquitted, fairly or unfairly. There are riots. Whites and hispanics regardless of politics are retaliated against. Those communities say little to nothing in defense, or at least those that do aren't given a voice. Plenty of talk about race in America, the system is rigged, etc., etc. Blacks say nothing in outrage over the retaliations, or at least those that do arent given a voice. Plenty of airtime to the race pimps and hustlers from the activist ground levels all the way to the top of government, who give their tacit approval to the mob either implicitly or directly. In the end LA in the wake of Rodney King looks like your sister's baby shower by comparison.

Look, folks. If this guy is guilty (meaning if he deliberately killed a man with no good reason), then burn him, maim him, bury him under the jailhouse, and stick white hot fire pokers in his testicles.

But, if events unfurled like he said they did (and, yes, he could be lying - I suppose he would have no reason not to):

- Rash of neighborhood burglaries.
- Suspicious man in a hoodie.
- Role as neighborhood watchman. Understandably armed - heck, I would be.
- 911 call. Dispatcher says "You don't HAVE to do that." GZ follows to get a location anyway. Nothing illegal here. Questionable and borderline unintelligent, but legal.
- GZ loses track. Walks back to truck.
- GZ is spotted and called out. Threatened. Does not reciprocate. Continues walking. Is physically attacked.
- In struggle TM spots weapon. Tells GZ that he is going to to kill him now.
- TM is shot.

I have to say if this really is what happened - and maybe it isn't, but if it did - and I were in his shoes I would have put this young man down with extreme prejudice and not lost two seconds sleep. Only after Spike Lee tweeted my address and the Black Panthers put a bounty on me would I do that.

Good Post!

Apr 2, 2012, 10:46 AM

Logically thought out. I agree!

Re: This is irresponsible and disappointing.

Apr 2, 2012, 11:11 AM [ in reply to This is irresponsible and disappointing. ]

The problem is the police screwed the pooch by not arresting Zimmerman on the spot. Any time a person shoots an unarmed person, said shooter should at least be detained. All indications are the cops released him on his own recognizance without much investigation. Had he been arrested on the spot, the Jesse Jacksons of the world would have never been involved because proper protocol would have been followed. The police made multiple mistakes (apparently) and now it's a case that is being tried in the court of public opinion which will not bode well for Mr Zimmerman.

Totally agree.***

Apr 2, 2012, 11:13 AM

Re: This is irresponsible and disappointing.

Apr 2, 2012, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Re: This is irresponsible and disappointing. ]

It still all boils down to if he had just listened to the authorities on the 911 call, not illegal but c'mon, no one would be dead. The dispatcher handled it well. We are sending someone. Zimmermans job was done. A person is dead. I don't care how bad a person either was prior to this incident. Neither deserved to die that night. That's just sad. This could happen to any young person these days as weird as they look from hoodies to piercings to #### skinny jeans. Let the police do their job. That's where this went haywire. Just sad on both sides.

Re: Football Update: Clemson players show support for Trayvon Martin***

Apr 2, 2012, 11:51 AM

I am so sick of sheep in this country who can think

Apr 2, 2012, 11:57 AM

For themselves and believe everhthing the media tells them. They jump when race baiters tell them to and most of them really think liberals have their best interest and actually are going to give them a better life. Truth is they themselves count on these people to get richer and more powerful to stay in the dark. When our leaders give this country away the clueless will just stand there and applaud.

Zimmerman is probably as guilty as the Duke lacrosse players

Apr 2, 2012, 12:04 PM

were. I still don't recall the NAACP, Sharpton, or Jackson or the rest of the media apologizing for running their names through the mud when they jumped the gun.

How do you guys enjoy college football?

Apr 2, 2012, 1:07 PM

The closet racism in this thread is sad. I wish I could claim it only applied to Clemson but I know our fanbase is the same. As are all the southern schools.

I don't know how you guys can enjoy football knowing almost every player is black and a liberal.

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: How do you guys enjoy college football?

Apr 2, 2012, 1:15 PM

Please point out this "closet" Racism.

Good lord 13000 posts on this board. Get a fcking life who in the hell spends that much time on a rivals board.

Fact is no one knows what happened.

Fact is Jesse and Al are pieces of trash who do nothing to help racism in America. They have done more to further racism in the past decade than to end it.

null

Apr 2, 2012, 4:40 PM

In typical Gamecock fashion the loser disappears.

null

Fact is Jesse and Al have been irrelevant for the past 15...

Apr 2, 2012, 8:39 PM [ in reply to Re: How do you guys enjoy college football? ]

years. Far rightwinger's bring them up every time when the issue of race comes up, to try to use it as a defense for their racism or their denial of racism.

Re: Fact is Jesse and Al have been irrelevant for the past 15...

Apr 3, 2012, 8:00 AM

They are irrelevant?

Just because they are embarrassing to you doesnt make them irrelevant. Every time they have an opportunity to profit off of people based on race they do it. They are at the front of ALL of the major race issues in America. To say they are irrelevant shows you have your head in the sand. They stir the race pot more than anyone.

null

If it's "closet racism" and you know enough about it to

Apr 2, 2012, 1:25 PM [ in reply to How do you guys enjoy college football? ]

whine about it, then you must also be in the closet.

Apr 2, 2012, 2:52 PM [ in reply to How do you guys enjoy college football? ]

That's the second time in a week you've pulled the race card!!!!!! Are you that insecure about your life that you have to do that????

Explain where anybody has been racist in this thread???

You know that game is played both ways.

Or does this go all the way back to the slave days with you? I know you must be 250 yrs old and can tell us all about those days??? How about black slave owners???
One of the biggest slave owners in sc was BLACK

Now tell me how many jobs have you lost because of the color of your skin??? I can name 4 because I'm white

wow, this thread really brought out the ignorant posters….

Apr 2, 2012, 8:43 PM

Now we have this armsb claiming he is an oppressed white person. I think maybe armsb is very angry that the days of him being a white male giving him an advantage over females and minorities are long gone.

Re: wow, this thread really brought out the ignorant posters….

Apr 3, 2012, 8:04 AM

So because there were fed up rules in the past they should be reversed now? That makes sense. All this time I thoguht one of Americas greatest leaders to ever walk this earth wanted equality not advantages for people based on race religion or gender.

That man was the great Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

null

Re: wow, this thread really brought out the ignorant posters….

Apr 3, 2012, 9:25 AM [ in reply to wow, this thread really brought out the ignorant posters…. ]

Oppressed??????????? LMAO that's a term people use that wants a hand out. That's not me I've worked for everything I have and I have been blessed.
Some people should try the work thing instead of standing around with thier hand out.

Obamers need to get a job and stop with the welfare thing.

You know how to starve a obama supporter?????

You hide his EBT card under his work boots

For once I can agree with Classof09…...

Apr 2, 2012, 8:35 PM [ in reply to How do you guys enjoy college football? ]

However this will be the first and last time for that. The closet racism or denial of racism is always here on tigernet. The funny thing is it sometimes comes from posters who complain about negative posts affecting recruiting. To all you with your closet racism or denying your racist: What do you think the Black players on our team and that we are recruiting would think of you by looking at what is posted in this thread?

Re: For once I can agree with Classof09…...

Apr 3, 2012, 8:02 AM

lol you are a joke. Nothing is racist about looking at the FACTS of a case. Keep throwing out the "youre racist" chant. The only one who comes off looking like a bigot is yourself.

null

A simple solution to theTrayvesty:

Apr 2, 2012, 1:29 PM

Send Zimmerman to Minnesota:

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/03/31/mpls-police-ponder-8-p-m-curfew-after-youth-mob-attacks/

Re: Re: How do you guys enjoy college football?

Apr 2, 2012, 3:32 PM

The scary part is you find your comments to be acceptable.

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

and then they complain about negative post affecting….

Apr 2, 2012, 8:45 PM

recruiting, yet they post some of the most backwards vile hatred on the board. I thought only vile hatred was supposed to be directed at the coots and the bulldogs.

Re: and then they complain about negative post affecting….

Apr 3, 2012, 8:01 AM

I really think you and your gamecock buddy might be the two biggest racists in this thread. You are starting to show your true colors.

null

Re: and then they complain about negative post affecting….

Apr 3, 2012, 9:08 AM [ in reply to and then they complain about negative post affecting…. ]

- Where is the vile hatred? Are you referring to comments from people who rightfully presume innocence and are skeptical of a quasi-state run media that selectively reports and massages stories like this in order to inflame opinion and create divisions? Call people racists too many times, and the word loses all meaning, as I think it has for you.

- Do you really trudge through life micro-analyzing every thought and action with the goal of assessing their effects on Clemson recruiting and posturing / self-censoring accordingly? Should our priorities lie there or should we perhaps be concerned with larger issues? I would rather lose every remaining game in the history of the world than live like that - phony and emasculated.

Honestly - and I probably shouldn't say this - I don't even know why this story was originally posted. A tweet concerning a serious and provacative news story about which NONE of us knows the whole truth and, what, everyone's expected to play the part of the good PC automaton - "Hey, great tweet Jarvis, huzzah!"?

Theoretical situation, may be familiar: Guy goes down a dark alley. He shouldn't be in that situation - he knows it's stupid, he's asking for trouble, but he's got his reasons and does it anyway. Guy gets attacked and, defending himself, kills his attacker.

Who's the victim? You know what, don't even answer.

I guess they can identify

Apr 2, 2012, 5:00 PM

What happened in Florida was tragic, ugly, and embarrasing. And so was the Trayvon Martin incident.

Apr 2, 2012, 6:46 PM

how about support for finding out the whole story first and not support racist haters like ASharpton and JJackson

how about moving out of the 19th century and into the 21st***

Apr 2, 2012, 8:46 PM

Re: how about moving out of the 19th century and into the 21st***

Apr 3, 2012, 8:00 AM

Really your hang them first without knowing all the facts is 21st century?

null

Apr 3, 2012, 9:05 AM

Apr 3, 2012, 9:33 AM [ in reply to how about moving out of the 19th century and into the 21st*** ]

Why don't you try that!!!!!! Mr. Pot

You would think by now you wouldn't need the Jesses of the world and wouldn't need a hand out.

But you still love to play the oppressed game.

Get a job and people will find out they don't need the gov. to take care of them

Apr 2, 2012, 11:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Clemson players show support for Trayvon Martin ]

Ditto....learn the story first...they don't want to hear the truth..

WHAT?!?!?

Apr 3, 2012, 1:36 PM

If people would look at EVERY angle and the facts before thinking this was completely and 100% a "hate" crime, we would live in a better country.

These people are doing nothing but creating an image of "racism"... it's unreal.

I'm not a Glen Beckk homer but you should check this video out... gives a good perspective.

http://youtu.be/cWgF2oeePVw

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER- http://twitter.com/#!/SonsOfClemson

There you go thinkin' again. You need to cut that out or

Apr 3, 2012, 2:08 PM

you'll be on The List too.

Replies: 129
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic