Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Without a strong vertical pass game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Without a strong vertical pass game

Jul 20, 2018, 8:49 AM

Clemson is just another punching bag for Alabama.

Don't argue with me, argue with the video tape.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we can when any game we play this year up to and including

Jul 20, 2018, 9:03 AM

The National Championship game without a highly effective vertical passing game—if it’s not Alabama. Unfortunately I agree that we have to pass downfield more to beat Alabama. And my bigger concern is getting wrs enough reps to keep the moniker of wru so that recruits know they are going to catch more balls if they don’t play a lot their first year but will more than make up for it here vs starting somewhere else and still not getting the reps

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are wong.....watch the video

Jul 20, 2018, 9:08 AM

https://youtu.be/WyRL5EJN0uY

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

We will never play Alabama at home in Death Valley

Jul 20, 2018, 9:11 AM

That's the problem with this comparison.

Still kcking aye? Watch the video

Jul 20, 2018, 11:30 AM

https://youtu.be/OYbk4z-S9ZU

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: You are wong.....watch the video

Jul 20, 2018, 9:30 AM [ in reply to You are wong.....watch the video ]

You’re right, won’t be a home game but Stidhim kept them off balance and made the passes he needed to. 21/28 - 230 yrds at an avg of 8.5 yrds. Plus he made the reads that he needed and awburn was a completely different team at the end of the season.

All that being said, hurts stunk it up in that game and didn’t do much better against us. Our D played plenty well to win against bama last year. Auburn didn’t keep giving bama the ball at the plus 50 all game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or..

Jul 20, 2018, 11:28 AM

The running game kept them off balance which allowed Stidman to pass here and there.

Re: Or..

Jul 20, 2018, 2:37 PM

Or... Jarrett Stidham has effectively shown the ability to pass the ball when they load the box and they couldn't bull rush the back field each time which also allowed Kerryon to run the ball as well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or..

Jul 20, 2018, 2:56 PM

Kerryon made some really good blocks to give stidman time to throw.

I'm not sure how

Jul 20, 2018, 9:13 AM

everyone else doesn't see that. Kelly cannot and will not beat an elite defense with his passing ability. The goal is not to beat the average teams and manage the game. The goal is to be able to beat a defense as talented as Alabama's or UGAs.

Re: I'm not sure how

Jul 20, 2018, 9:22 AM

Who says we will not have a strong vertical passing game this year? Only person on here claiming that is you.
Don’t think you have privy to play calling this year.

Re: I'm not sure how

Jul 20, 2018, 9:24 AM

0 to do with play calling. Everything to do with KB's noodle arm bud. And if you cant see that, then good luck. He was the best option last season. It's 2018 now.

A guy named soccer posting about noodle arms

Jul 20, 2018, 1:25 PM

Classic

The goal is

Jul 20, 2018, 9:35 AM [ in reply to I'm not sure how ]

to beat every team.

Beat the top teams and lose games you shouldn't is 1989.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Or 2017 ... but point taken.***

Jul 20, 2018, 9:40 AM

Re: Without a strong vertical pass game

Jul 20, 2018, 9:24 AM

Do you have a long forehead and complete a lot of passes to Clemson’s defense?

Jul 20, 2018, 1:58 PM

I agree in part with this. You must have the THREAT of a deep passing team but you really do not need a team dependent on it to be successful. Of course you have to show this threat at times so that the defensive team will respect it. Once our Tigers establish the passing game our super running backs could have a field day! Deep passes often result in short possessions and that isn’t a real bad thing but the Tiger defense would like to see the offensive guys keep the ball for a while. Having depth is really important and I believe that is where we will excel.
And that kicking game just HAS to be strong!

Jul 20, 2018, 3:41 PM

And don't think for a minute that Bama is the ONLY team that does not know how to shut down our offense. Even Duke - yes Duke - might be able to give us fits since their D is going to be pretty good this year. All of our opponents probably watched the Bama game and their DC's are going to be well-prepared. Let's hope we adjust quickly enough when we face the tougher D's.

Jul 20, 2018, 3:42 PM

* does know how

:)

Y’all spin it any way you like

Jul 20, 2018, 4:13 PM

These kids didn’t come to Clemson to run the #### wildcat.

Jul 20, 2018, 11:57 PM

and some occasional crossing routes and a stronger screen game....

If you'll watch the tape I'm sure you will notice...

Jul 21, 2018, 12:13 AM

the root of KB's issues is that he wasn't able to make the right decisions quickly enough to be effective when running the RPO. I'm pulling for him to get quicker in his decision making, pick the correct option and execute his job as it is designed.

If that happens all defenses will shutter when the ball is snapped and KB's numbers will become a thing when they start talking about the Heisman. All the pieces are laid out he just needs to put them in place to create a beautiful picture.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic