Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I would have thought that Urban Meyer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,248

I would have thought that Urban Meyer

Dec 4, 2018, 11:54 AM

picking up and leaving football programs was just what a coach desiring to get to the pinnacle of the sport would do when he left Bowling Green for Utah and Utah for Florida... I gave him the benefit of the doubt for leaving UF for health reasons, but ends up at OSU with only a year of downtime. Now ole Urb retires from OSU, and he's only 54... seems kinda fishy to me...

what this does leave me to believe is that that the headaches (and probably unreported ones at Bowling Green and Utah) just might be wimmin related... they tend to be a man's biggest headache, right?? especially when there is more than one in the picture... I don't really know about all that but for some reason this kind of scene keeps popping up in my head in his former and current athletic office...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would have thought that Urban Meyer

Dec 4, 2018, 12:30 PM

I'm thinking this was in the deal of not firing him with the sheet he was in at the beginning of the season. Finish the season and retire or be fired I think was his choices!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree... OSU needed to not have the full blown

Dec 4, 2018, 1:09 PM

turmoil with him being fired before the season started; recruiting tanking, the team tanking, not getting the best candidates to consider the job...

at least this way, the team and recruiting are pretty much intact and there are plenty of coaches waiting to step into that job...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With the report being that there is a cyst on his brain

Dec 5, 2018, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: I would have thought that Urban Meyer ]

I can give consideration to the fact that he might have a serious medical issue on his hands... and I won't downplay the seriousness of the situation, but I do wonder if stress is a trigger for the systems to become especially heightened: like the stress of being the HC like he is, or losing a surefire instate recruit to the school that is responsible for your only shutout loss in your career that is over 500 miles away in the middle of nowhere in the foothills of a mountain range or trying to maintain time and distance between two or more ladies... yep, I can see any of those things triggering those headaches to being heightened to debilitating...

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,248
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic