Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
With the new helmet penalty ..........
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,170

With the new helmet penalty ..........

Jul 24, 2012, 5:20 PM

what happens if a tailback loses his helmet and stops running as the rule requires and a linebacker nails him? Is it a penalty on the defense? How much leeway will the potential tackler have? one second? five seconds? It's going to be a rule that bring a LOT of contoversy to the game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With the new helmet penalty ..........

Jul 24, 2012, 5:22 PM

Yep it will more than likely be considered a late hit. I agree this rule will cause a bunch of controversy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

You got that right !! Refs have too much leeway already ! ****

Jul 24, 2012, 5:22 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not to mention.youw ill have incidents where players try to.

Jul 24, 2012, 5:25 PM

remove the helmet of a player.many will say no..but you know a dirty coach will find a way to exploit it

Jul 24, 2012, 5:30 PM

I think more people will get hurt stopping in the middle of a play. That is just stupid. So you are just supposed to step to one side & watch your quarterback get sacked? Yeah, right.

The indisputable video review......

Jul 24, 2012, 5:33 PM

will correct their errors.

Oh.

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2012, 6:03 PM

This might be the dumbest rule ever. I am all for player safety but to what extent, I mean really if the helmet comes off in the last 10 seconds of the game the game is over; I really want to see this rule in action with less then 10 seconds remaining in the game the team with the ball on the opposing teams 2 yard line with no timeouts and then lets see how many of those refs make it out of the stadium alive. If that happens it would be a shame because we have to many judgement calls in the game that decide the outcome already and this is just another idiotic rule as far as it being a penalty don't mind the play immediately stopping but the penalty as well give me a break.....

Jul 24, 2012, 6:33 PM

I'm sorry guys but this rule came from the fact they did not enforce the rule that ALL chin straps have to be fastened. When I played football I don't remember all these helmets coming off on every play like they do now. Players nowadays are so dramatic and want to draw attention to themselves.Times have really changed and not necessarily for the best. Just my rant!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2012, 6:41 PM

Makes you wonder why someone hasn't developed a helmet strap that will keep the helmet ON when a player is hit!!! A country that sends a man to the moon should be able to develop a chin strap that works. How stupid is that??? Maybe I better apply for a patent. If I get it, you all are invited to my tail gate party. Free PBR's!

Jul 24, 2012, 7:00 PM

Your guys are blowing this out of proportion. In the past if a ball carrier lost his helmet, the play was blown dead right away. So in your scenario, nothing changes from the old rule.

Jul 24, 2012, 7:02 PM

I believe if I were a coach I would have a lose your helmet once, shave your head bald rule in place.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. This is the new halo rule

Jul 24, 2012, 10:25 PM

Its going to ruin a few games and be repealed next year.

It's like traffic. A car going 30 on the interstate is more dangerous than one going 85 if everyone averages 70.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,170
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic