Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I absolute hate that players are kicked out for hits like that.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

I absolute hate that players are kicked out for hits like that.

Oct 25, 2018, 9:34 PM

I couldn't care less who wins this VT gt game but that targeting call is complete BS.

The guy barely touched him with his helmet. I get that's the rule, but man that's such a bad rule to eject the player. And you lose him the next half game!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Total BS call there.

Oct 25, 2018, 9:35 PM

This $h!t is getting out of hand

Re: I absolute hate that players are kicked out for hits like that.

Oct 25, 2018, 9:36 PM

Truly ridiculous that someone has to leave a game for that little tap of a helmet

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you wanna flag 15 yds, sure...whatever. But kick

Oct 25, 2018, 9:39 PM

a guy out of the game?!? And for half next week?

Insane.

They really need to alter the rule to include some

Oct 25, 2018, 9:37 PM

discretion for hits where the contact is incidental. That was not the type of hit that the rule was created to police.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed

Oct 25, 2018, 9:41 PM

Sort of like the old 5 or 15 yard facemask penalty.

Sure, throw the flag and get the 15 yards, but don't kick them out unless its really bad. But then that raises the whole judgment call rule thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just kick them out on the 2nd one.

Oct 25, 2018, 9:45 PM

It's not like it's some issue where guys are recklessly trying to target because you're just as likely to hurt yourself.

Just give a warning like every other unsportsmanlike penalty.

To be fair

Oct 25, 2018, 9:50 PM

The rule was needed a few years ago. CB's and Safeties were going for kill shots on receivers using their helmet as a weapon to the receiver. Now to also be fair, most of those should've already been illegal because spearing rules were already in place, but rarely enforced.

The rule has had a good impact on removing those sort of hits from the game, and they probably should carry the ejection.

But I agree there probably should be a targeting penalty (plain PF) and a targeting with ejection.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With slow motion replay, it's called so often that

Oct 25, 2018, 10:07 PM

you don't need the ejection element on the first offense in my opinion.

I don't think you'd see a increase in targeting fouls. I think the increase is due to replay. Like the officials didn't notice that one.

Like you said, there was no emphasis on the old rule. Now that we call everything, the 15 yd penalty is plenty deterrent I believe along with unsportsmanlike.

Its a tough call

Oct 25, 2018, 9:39 PM

But he did lower his head.

Now the problem is that his head probably naturally lowered when he was diving for the tackle. I suppose if they are going to keep enforcing that sort of hit it's going to take some teaching and training to get players to purposefully keep their head up... which may well be the train of thought for having the rule in place.

It was "obvious targeting". Easy call.

Oct 25, 2018, 9:42 PM

But to kicked out of the game for that is absolutely nuts.

Re: I absolute hate that players are kicked out for hits like that.

Oct 25, 2018, 9:41 PM

I say go back to the leather helmets. Everyone will think twice about leading with head.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic