Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why recruits pick Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Why recruits pick Clemson

Aug 3, 2014, 12:23 PM

There are many questions about why a recruit would choose Clemson over USC, FSU, Alabama, etc. A lot of people point to the family atmosphere, the fact that the players will become better people while at Clemson, and that is a huge part of it. If you read the notes from the recruits when they talk about Clemson, the atmosphere is always part of it.

The other thing that comes through, though, it the message that they want to be part of something bigger, a part of winning it all. Recruits see a program that is rising, getting better every year. When commits are going after other recruits, they tell them to come and be a part of something great.

USC has plateaued. No one, not even their coach, expects them to go any further than they have gone. Georgia, Alabama, FSU et al are in the process of self imploding - the off the field problems are the news for them, not the development of players or potential to win.

Families want sons to become men. Players want to win. Clemson delivers both, and is still rising.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why recruits pick Clemson

Aug 3, 2014, 12:38 PM

Well, that's one persons opinion.

Why do you pretend to be a Tiger? ( ... and might I add

Aug 3, 2014, 1:14 PM

not very well.) Your matted feathers are showing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Imma hatta get an "R" so I can TD some of these settin' hens***

Aug 3, 2014, 8:49 PM

Imma hatta get an "R" so I can TD some of these settin' hens***

Aug 3, 2014, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Why do you pretend to be a Tiger? ( ... and might I add ]

Re: Imma hatta get an "R" so I can TD some of these settin' hens***

Aug 4, 2014, 12:35 AM

Felony drug possession ? Hmmph.
Rape and petty theft ...in a calendar year ...and nothing. Oh and don't forget that other little run-in as well.
If there isn't one school outside of UGA that shouldn't ever chime in on player indiscretions it is FSU . That place for all the world looks like the lunatics are handing out the medicine.
Please don't.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 3, 2014, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Why recruits pick Clemson ]

Uh, duh.

Well, he did omit one thing....

Aug 3, 2014, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Why recruits pick Clemson ]

the quality education he'll receive and the academic support at McFadden that is second to none

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em capon

Aug 3, 2014, 6:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Why recruits pick Clemson ]

Must be a sad life.

Aug 4, 2014, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Why recruits pick Clemson ]

There has always got to at least ONE COOT that chimes in.....

Facts:

USUCK - a history of ineptitude (look the word up Coot)
CU - a tradition (if you can count past five) of excellence

USUCK - campus located in the cesspool of downtown CootLumbia
CU - located in the beautiful SC foothills

USUCK - A hall of game coach in winning but cares nothing for his players and routinely throws them under the bus
CU - a passionate young coach who LOVES his job, represents his University with pride and shows genuine concern for his players

USUCK - rides the coat tails of other SUCCESSFUL "SEC" programs while adding nothing to the overall prestige of said Conference

CU - Represents and plays for the pride of CLEMSON this being "ALL IN" for CLEMSON instead of being hung up on their Conference!

What's to understand????

Recruits and especially their family KNOWS that their Sons are going to get the TOTAL PACKAGE by choosing CLEMSON over USUCK or other "SEC" schools!!

Go Tigers!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's the good fishing on Hartwell***

Aug 3, 2014, 12:51 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: it's the good fishing on Hartwell***

Aug 3, 2014, 1:01 PM

When I brought my family down to the Clemson vs vt game a couple of years ago. The whole area ,not just the campus ,seemed to be centered around family and off the field success. Some of the students we chit-chated with depicted great values and integrity.
May also help that we have the most 25 seconds in college football too......
Go tigers!!!!!!

Re: it's the good fishing on Hartwell***

Aug 3, 2014, 1:05 PM

I would agree with you other than fsu is imploding, they are back to the odd fsu of the 90s, it's up to clemson to set up and be the team that was supposed to challenge them when they came to the acc.

Walk out of the stadium and look around

Aug 3, 2014, 1:09 PM

There are too many reasons to choose Clemson over USuC that I'll stop right there. Blows my mind that anyone with a choice would choose that cesspool.

FSU and Bama imploding? Come on.***

Aug 3, 2014, 1:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah that's a bit much...don't see them going anywhere***

Aug 4, 2014, 8:42 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2014, 2:09 PM

Very well said! +1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2014, 2:17 PM

I agree for the most part but I don't think Southern Cal has plateaued.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Aug 3, 2014, 4:51 PM

really?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2014, 6:03 PM

LOL, so Clemson is the only university in the country where players learn to be "better people". No im not throwing stones here because, obviously, FSU has had its own problem with player behavior, but in the last 10 years Clemson has had two players with domestic violence charges, and one player who should have been hit with a felony possession charge of a controlled substance. Yall truly believe that nothing up there is negative dont you?

Its ok, Clemson is not going to revoke your fan card for saying something negative. They can only control the media.

Aug 3, 2014, 6:21 PM

Blows my mind how fans of other teams troll tigernet to chime in. Do you have no life?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With posts like the one above, is it not obvious?

Aug 4, 2014, 10:52 AM

same reason folks read the funny papers dude. this place is a #### hoot!

Aug 3, 2014, 6:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Why recruits pick Clemson ]

Hmm no we don't think nothing negative ever happens in Clemson. But we know for a fact it's no where close to what goes on at many other colleges.

And at least we have a head coach that will sit stars for meaningful time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Felony possession charge" for 2 pills? Who do you work for?

Aug 4, 2014, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Why recruits pick Clemson ]

CCA or GEO Group? Actually, forget it. I really don't need an answer from some self righteous punk.

Message was edited by: SOLOS®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That may be the last 10 years at Clemson but it's just

Aug 5, 2014, 1:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Why recruits pick Clemson ]

an ordinary Saturday night in Tallahassee or Columbia.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where do you buy your stuff from?

Aug 4, 2014, 10:50 AM

I'd like to get the hookup. PM me!

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic