Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
With one and done ruining college basketball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 975

With one and done ruining college basketball

Feb 5, 2019, 8:18 PM

Well at least hurting it imo why the sudden push by ESPN to try doing the same to college football. The NFL is ok but it pales in comparison to college football but the idiots at ESPN are doing all they can to decide because once in a blue moon a Trevor Lawrence comes along the rule should apply to football as well. It would ruin the game and sport I love.
I grew up watching college basketball and it once was my favorite sport but the one and dones and mega transfers have made me where I rarely even watch.
It has turned into a sport of individuals instead of a team sport. Don't ruin college football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With one and done ruining college basketball

Feb 5, 2019, 8:31 PM

I could agree with you totally if there was a huge number of “one and dones” but there really isn’t enough to change the game that much. I sure wish that one and done who flirted with the Tigers was playing tomorrow.... in orange!
He should be declared illegal!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With one and done ruining college basketball

Feb 6, 2019, 5:51 AM

Whilst in a "free society" people have a right to turn pro and start earning money at any age they desire, I firmly believe that staying in College for at least 3 years helps these young men develop into mature and rounded individuals.

Beyond the sporting aspects, College is often the first time that young people have lived without the safety net of Mum and Dad, and they develop life skills and relationships that make them adults.

The rule that makes kids stay in College Football for at least 3 years, not only helps the sport (compared to basketball) but helps the kids become men.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 975
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic