Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
With all this QB talk
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,826

With all this QB talk

Jul 5, 2018, 4:00 PM

I think our other positions are being overshadowed. I believe that we are looking at possibly the most talent we've ever had at wide receiver in a single year. I think that this entire group we have and even non starters have NFL written all over them, I couldn't imagine any CB group in the country being able to stop our receivers due to the depth we have on top of sheer talent.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chicken or Egg ... without a QB to get them the ball

Jul 5, 2018, 5:01 PM

WR's are pretty much useless.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

unless you're Georgia Tech of course.***

Jul 5, 2018, 5:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chicken or Egg ... without a QB to get them the ball

Jul 5, 2018, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Chicken or Egg ... without a QB to get them the ball ]

Good thing we have 3 QBs then!

Re: With all this QB talk

Jul 5, 2018, 6:21 PM

But, here is my question. Are we going to start the QB who can get them the ball, or succumb to kind of politically correct "fairness" scheme, which at this level is simply not a reality? Not confident point. Anyone see the spring game? Could that have any doubt with anyone with two eyes and a brain??

News Flash ————

Jul 5, 2018, 6:29 PM

We pay Coach Swinney and his staff MILLIONS to make these decisions and, in my opinion, they are doing a spectacular job. I can’t think of any time since he’s been the head man that I thought we were not doing the right thing. But, unlike some, I am an avid supporter of Clemson University and I have a very difficult time finding fault with anything concerning my alma mater.

I do wish we had more comfortable seats in DV!

Forest - I'm an '84 grad

Jul 5, 2018, 11:15 PM

And Dabo's track record is beyond outstanding. He has identified and hired the best coordinators, and recruited top talent and high character players.

But there was this one time last year ... I still do not understand starting a very injured KB in the SYR game and then putting Zerrick Cooper in before the more talented HJ. Thankfully, KB narrowly avoided a severe injury. But never understood why HJ not coached up and ready by the SYR game as UGA coaches had readied Fromm and Bama had readied Tua.

But no argument Dabo earns his high salary based on his communication skills, his passion, his exuberant humility, and most of all Clemson's play on the field. Clemson is fortunate to have found Dabo. Astute coaching hire by TB and head coach hire by TDP.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2018, 6:31 PM [ in reply to Re: With all this QB talk ]

T.L. can get them the ball !

Jul 6, 2018, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: With all this QB talk ]

It still amazes me how much 12-2 as a starter is frowned upon by some of you ########.

Jul 6, 2018, 2:28 PM

Our defense won. KB had one good game and that was the ACCCG and the numbers still weren't anything crazy. The defense fought and drug us to where we got and even played dominantly in our final game but couldn't get help from the offense, why do you credit KB being the reason we were 12-2 and not the defense?

Jul 6, 2018, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Re: With all this QB talk ]

It amazes me how many only look at a record and stop there satisfied... No delving into if your typically annually strong to undefeated division rival was a train wreck without their better QB while a 3 star true freshman was on the field in his place, no looking into if that QB was the reason we won the games or if it was more the RB play (vs FSU, vs VT) or defense (vs AU, vs VT, vs several teams) that the QB has nothing to do with. Sure am glad Kelly got all those sacks vs Auburn. We'd have never won that game if he wasnt sacking their offense so much

Sounds like a Gamecock, that actually thinks they were 9 win season good while having the 118th ranked offense... Regardless if they needed a FG to win a less than 20 point game against LA Tech... Didn't play a train wreck injured TN.... Didn't have a miracle 4th quarter after getting no points for 3 quarters vs a mediocre MI... Sure you are pulling for the right team, since record is all that matters to judge a QB's efficiencies? .

Jul 6, 2018, 2:52 PM

Speaking of QB efficiencies...did you realize a 3 star true freshman (same one I mentioned earlier...FSU...Blackman) had a better passing efficiency than KB?? A guy who also played part of a game vs Alabama...and played against us? Played against Miami....against NC State...beat the Syracuse we lost to??

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/individual/8/p2

How's that for a Junior...worse passing efficiency than a 3 star freshman on a train wreck team. Fact, whether you like it or not.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,826
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic