Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
With all the talk about the Thumb, never forget #1
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,814

With all the talk about the Thumb, never forget #1

Nov 20, 2018, 7:04 PM

November 29, 2014

With all the talk this week about the rivalry and 5 straight, its important that we never forget this streak started with a True Freshman Deshaun Watson with a torn ACL literally beating South Carolina with one leg.

14 of 19 for 269 yards, 4 TDs (2 Pass, 2 Rush). Never settled for a single FG.

Trevor Lawrence is phenomenal, Trevor Lawrence is going to break every record at Clemson, but what Deshaun Watson did that day in 2014 is why many Clemson fans will always consider him the greatest football player to come through Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: With all the talk about the Thumb, never forget #1

Nov 20, 2018, 7:13 PM

True dat!

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2018, 7:15 PM

one of my all time favorite games . I will never forget driving home on I85 when they broke the news that Watson had played with a torn ACL

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2018, 7:27 PM

You talking about the game that coots were saying that Dabo should be fire for letting DW4 play with a torn acl. The same game that coots were saying would kill our recruiting bc DW4 was allowed to play with a torn acl, or was it the game that DW4 told everyone that it was his choice to play and that his mom was OK with his decision if he was going to be just fine with wearing a brace that wouldn't allow any further injury to his acl!!! That was that game that added insult to the coots that a one legged QB beat their sorry A$SES!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, I agree it was a wonderful performance...

Nov 20, 2018, 8:30 PM

but I'll take CJ Spiller as the GOAT. CJ stayed for his senior year after being projected to go high in the draft. Some believe he actually hurt his draft stock by returning to play for us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, I agree it was a wonderful performance...

Nov 20, 2018, 8:47 PM

IMO CJ is the most overrated player to ever play at Clemson. Don’t get me wrong he was great for getting recruits from Florida. He was also a game changer in recruiting. But overall as a player he had some phenomenal plays but not overly consistent. Him and Woody vie for most overrated in my mind

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are full of it!!***

Nov 20, 2018, 8:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,814
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic