Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
With all of our Offensive Linemen concerns . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 3,603

With all of our Offensive Linemen concerns . . .

Dec 19, 2018, 7:30 PM

Here's an exert from an article which may interest you:

"Feldman: Why offensive line is the toughest position for college football recruiters to evaluate
By Bruce Feldman Dec 18, 2018

This week when your favorite team announces its signing class, or when you hear about the four- or five-star recruit that your school did or did not get, remember this number: 2.4.

That is the average star ranking of the 15 offensive linemen voted to the Pro Bowl last year who were evaluated in the era of the recruiting star system. None of them were ranked as five-star prospects; four were four-star guys — the same number as there were zero-star players. Joe Thomas, the best offensive tackle of his era, went to 10 Pro Bowls in his 11 seasons. Thomas once was ranked as the nation’s No. 18 offensive tackle prospect. None of those 17 graded ahead of him went on to start in the NFL as tackles. From the 2015 signing class, prospects who are seniors now, Clemson’s Mitch Hyatt is the only four- or five-star O-line recruit (according to 247Sports) to make first-team all-conference."

For those interested, here is the link to the entire article:

https://theathletic.com/720233/2018/12/18/college-football-recruiting-offensive-linemen/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Timely post. Thanks for linking it.***

Dec 19, 2018, 7:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: With all of our Offensive Linemen concerns . . .

Dec 19, 2018, 7:37 PM

Very true! The star chase drives me crazy, every single recruit we have Dabo and co have evaluated personally at our camps. Not only that they get to know these kids and their family in depth. This all adds up with the results they produce, makes me not worry at all.

I doubt we will ever have he 1/2/3 ranked class but our coaches know exactly what they want and need to win.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2018, 7:45 PM

Yeah but...

True

Dec 19, 2018, 7:56 PM

We should revoke the LOI’s from anyone higher than a 4 star. Only 3 stars allowed

Dec 19, 2018, 8:15 PM

This article proves the OP has not been paying attention and proves people’s concerns are valid. CU fans are not upset over the rating of our OL recruits. We are upset due to the small number of commits. The position is difficult to project who will blossom so the only way to mitigate the risk is to sign a higher number. This is common knowledge yet we only signed two last year and currently stand at two this year. This does not take into account the number who decide to quit or have to quit due to medical reasons

Dec 19, 2018, 8:21 PM

Not to mention a sample size of 15 being taken as gospel

We keep about 15 OL on scholarship out of about 80 total

Dec 20, 2018, 6:16 AM [ in reply to Re: With all of our Offensive Linemen concerns . . . ]

We like to have 85 on scholarship on signing day and then give out walk-on scholarships when the numbers drop to 80 or even lower like last year.

We just don't have the numbers to sign 17 OL.

I think we played 11 OL this year.

Dabo's got this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't let the facts get in the way of talking-head analysts.***

Dec 19, 2018, 8:15 PM

Dec 19, 2018, 9:08 PM

Nice job Skeeta! Very interesting!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2018, 10:10 PM

Makes me feel a little better … that being said wish we could recruit the O line as well as the D line we seem to get. Is it true O line looks great for 2020 recruiting class?

Dec 20, 2018, 5:44 AM

Concerns? What concerns? Fan concerns plus $1.50 still won't get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for posting

Dec 20, 2018, 8:50 AM

All of the "sky is falling" folks that are worried about the o-line recruiting need to read this.

Replies: 12
| visibility 3,603
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic