Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We need some perspective on last night. Flashback to Nov
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

We need some perspective on last night. Flashback to Nov

Nov 25, 2018, 10:04 AM

2013: Tajh Boyd and the Tigers turn the ball over 5 times in Columbia and let the Gamecocks win their unprecedented 5th game in a row in the series. They were in our heads, Spurrier owned us, people wanted Dabo fired.

Here's what we've done since that night in 2013:

- 21-point-5th-straight win over the Gamecocks. That's our longest winning streak in the series since 1940.
- 2nd undefeated regular season in 4 years. That's only the 7th in Clemson history and 3rd since 1950.
- 3 ACC Championships in a row, playing for a 4th next week. No team in ACC history has won 4 outright in a row.
- 3 CFB playoff appearances in a row, playing for a 4th next week.
- 2 National Championship appearances.
- 1 National Championship.

If someone told you in November 2013 what had just happened last night and said you'd be upset about it, you'd have punched them in the face.

I was annoyed at the Defense myself last night but the attitude I've seen from some fans and a large contingent of the Clemson media has been laughable.

Did the D play up to its own standard last night? #### no. Does it mean we're going to get blown out by Bama? Venables is a pretty decent coach. There's a good chance he's going to get it fixed in the 6 weeks between now and the CFB Playoff.

Let's let the man do his job and sit back and enjoy how far this program has come at this moment.

GO TIGERS!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We need some perspective on last night. Flashback to Nov

Nov 25, 2018, 10:05 AM

You got it right!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, we are spoiled rotten for sure***

Nov 25, 2018, 10:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 10:14 AM

Well stated. And we are spoiled.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 10:52 AM

Well you saved me the time and trouble of having to post a similar message. Well done ,
Ace!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Nov 25, 2018, 11:19 AM

I agree but would add 2 things. First, I think it is more of a concern than annoyance with the secondary. It's a race to fix the problem before others can exploit it. Second, I think that a lot of people are like me and don't even like giving USuC a moral victory, and I think that they got that last night. Just because we are not satisfied, don't take that as a sign that we are unhappy.

They've been taking moral victories out of our wins for 100

Nov 25, 2018, 11:43 AM

years, last night was never going to be any different, regardless of the score.

Considering how well the secondary has played the rest of the year after TAMU, I'm leaning more towards that being an aberration than a pattern. They held up well against Finley and Jones who are better QBs than Bentley IMO.

Granted, the Gamecock's offensive plan was to get the ball out fast, but the D-line wasn't helping the secondary by getting pressure much of the night either. There was blame to go around everywhere. I'm comfortable we've got time to get it fixed.

Nov 25, 2018, 11:24 AM

I look at last night as proving that we can win in any type of game. Shootout, defensive struggle, smash mouth, air attack, ground and pound... you name it we are equipped to go toe-to-toe with anyone.

I'm thinking you forgot about Heisman's undefeated season

Nov 25, 2018, 11:48 AM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah I went back and looked, it's actually our 7th... 3

Nov 25, 2018, 11:52 AM

since 1950 though so the point stands.

Nov 25, 2018, 11:50 AM

Amen brother.

Well said, Ace

Nov 25, 2018, 1:43 PM

I'll take a 21 point win any day. I Don't really care what it looks like.

And for the well this and well that crowd, I'd rather have a few defensive weakness exposed in a W than an L in the playoffs. Please remember our coaches are spending just as much if not more time watching that film as opposing staffs are. They'll adress those issues. Remeber the shuttle pass in 2016? Yeah me too, thanks Pitt.

Other side of coin

Nov 25, 2018, 2:00 PM

Who would have guessed Coots would be 32-31 since that game, had Spur quit on ‘em in mid-season, then hired Muschamp, and have done nothing meaningful ever since?

With a loss to the Citadel!***

Nov 25, 2018, 7:06 PM

Nov 25, 2018, 2:03 PM

acevans® said:

2013: Tajh Boyd and the Tigers turn the ball over 5 times in Columbia and let the Gamecocks win their unprecedented 5th game in a row in the series. They were in our heads, Spurrier owned us, people wanted Dabo fired.

Here's what we've done since that night in 2013:

- 21-point-5th-straight win over the Gamecocks. That's our longest winning streak in the series since 1940.
- 2nd undefeated regular season in 4 years. That's only the 7th in Clemson history and 3rd since 1950.
- 3 ACC Championships in a row, playing for a 4th next week. No team in ACC history has won 4 outright in a row.
- 3 CFB playoff appearances in a row, playing for a 4th next week.
- 2 National Championship appearances.
- 1 National Championship.

If someone told you in November 2013 what had just happened last night and said you'd be upset about it, you'd have punched them in the face.

I was annoyed at the Defense myself last night but the attitude I've seen from some fans and a large contingent of the Clemson media has been laughable.

Did the D play up to its own standard last night? #### no. Does it mean we're going to get blown out by Bama? Venables is a pretty decent coach. There's a good chance he's going to get it fixed in the 6 weeks between now and the CFB Playoff.

Let's let the man do his job and sit back and enjoy how far this program has come at this moment.

GO TIGERS!!

Excellent post, sir. Bravo you are absolutely right.

Nov 25, 2018, 2:03 PM

Well said

Nov 25, 2018, 2:06 PM

You nailed it.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive