Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
With Possibly Landing DJ in 2020 Class
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

With Possibly Landing DJ in 2020 Class

Nov 20, 2018, 10:31 PM

And with the last decade or so of landing the quantity of high level QB recruits in TL, Chase, HJ, Zerrick, Watson, Tucker, Tajh, KB, Swag (I know I know, but folks were excited when he committed) and Kyle Parker - and Taisun too!, if we aren’t QBU I don’t know who is...

What other program has been able to attract such great players at the position since 2009? Or even close? Maybe OU?...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: With Possibly Landing DJ in 2020 Class

Nov 20, 2018, 10:37 PM

No one. We’d have the top pocket passer signed in 3 of 4 years, and a top 5 dual threat in the other year. Nobody is even close.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2018, 10:46 PM

Agree with you but it's going to be a tall task landing DJ. Oregon has pulled out all the stops including offering his younger brother already. We don't offer kids as young as him. Hate when teams do that but it's the game. Although he may just choose baseball anyway. That being said I am still encouraged with our chances . . . I mean we have landed DW4 AND Lawerence...2 "once in a generation" qb's

Nov 21, 2018, 1:54 AM

I don't think DJ's Dad would be coming if he wasn't really thinking about Clemson as a place to come and play FB!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have a history of offering younger brothers of

Nov 21, 2018, 3:05 AM

players because of family and not because of stars.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2018, 12:16 AM

UGA, and USC would be the only schools I could think of.

Nov 21, 2018, 1:07 AM

I’m just happy he is finally coming to Clemson for a game!!!! I hope the team shows out and gives him a great show to watch. Sounds like the best thing to do is impress/sell his dad on Clemson and that will go a long way with DJ. Regardless of anything that happens I hope he has a great time and thanks for the consideration.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2018, 4:28 AM

Once he and his father get the Dabo sales pitch, heck the school and the gameday atmosphere sells itself!!!!! There is no better place or a better coaching staff to entrust this young fellas future with!!!! THERE'S SOMETHING MAGICAL IN THEM HILLS!!!!!!

Just had a close friend, who is a Gamecock fan, tell me

Nov 21, 2018, 5:20 AM

yesterday, "He1l, it would take a major miracle and light years to catch up with you. Clemson's program is like a well-oiled machine with every part working to support the other. Ours is in need of a major overhaul but we don't have any mechanics!"

I built a business across the Southeast, dealing with major manufacturers and retailers, and I can tell you that Clemson's operations are among the best in the nation...if not the best. Thus, I am not surprised with the ability to criss cross the nation with success.

Clemson is a brand...now, a well-known one, one that people across this nation can like. Why? Because we play the game well, and we play it clean. And we have Dabo Swinney to thank for that!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just had a close friend, who is a Gamecock fan, tell me

Nov 21, 2018, 5:42 AM

"Dabo's sale pitch". Coach Swinney doesn't have to "sell Clemson". It sells itself. As hard as coots LOVE to make Coach Swinney out to be an overhyped salesman that can't coach, he continually proves he is anything BUT a salesman.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Being a salesman isn’t a bad thing

Nov 21, 2018, 6:39 AM

I think anyone with eyes and a brain know that Dabo is more than “just a salesman” but he certainly has that skillset in him.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic