Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
With Blossomgame out anyone still think next year looks good
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 296

With Blossomgame out anyone still think next year looks good

Mar 16, 2016, 12:48 PM

Probably yet another 9 to 10 win ACC season and no NCAA tournament. But hey we shouldn't get rid of Brownell 6 years into a rebuild that has yielded 0 results.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We will be MUCH better next year

Mar 16, 2016, 12:49 PM

~Cam

More talented even w/o Blossomgame, yes

Mar 16, 2016, 1:13 PM

Probably not better, though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More talent and not better

Mar 16, 2016, 1:20 PM

sounds like solid reasoning for telling Brownie to GTFO

Not better because the talent would all be young

Mar 16, 2016, 1:29 PM

But yes, I would agree that if we do the same thing as this year and miss the post-season, Brownell should go.

Anyway, next year we'd have four guys who were rated 4-star coming out of HS (Shelton Mitchell, Elijah Thomas, Ty Hudson, Donte Grantham), plus possibly Blossomgame. The rest of the team would include some pretty good veterans in Devoe, Holmes, Djitte, and Marcquise Reed who averaged 15 ppg for Robert Morris as a freshman. If Robertin develops at all, we'd have a pretty nice 7-foot backup to Djitte. And then I think of all of those guys, the only ones who'd be gone after next year would be Djitte and Blossomgame.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Blossomgame isn't necessarily out yet

Mar 16, 2016, 1:12 PM

Apparently there's a new rule that says juniors can go test out and see where they'd be projected to be drafted, but can then return to college as long as they haven't hired an agent.

Anyway, with Blossomgame, I think we win 20 or more games next year and are a dangerous team in the tournament. Without Blossomgame, I think we'd have to really rely on Elijah Thomas and guys like Djitte and Robertin at C, so I think we'd have trouble scoring again. I'd say it'd probably be time to let Brownell go if he couldn't get us to the tournament, because we can't keep recruiting to where we just miss by a few games every year.

To be completely fair, I truly believe that Brownell is also

Mar 16, 2016, 1:18 PM

capable of getting us to miss the tournament by far more than just a few games.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It isn't even new. It is just something that football

Mar 16, 2016, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Blossomgame isn't necessarily out yet ]

players can't do.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 296
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic