Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
With Bamas D being touted as the best ever fielded
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

With Bamas D being touted as the best ever fielded

Feb 21, 2017, 11:36 AM

Why is DW4 not being heralded as the best offensive player ever? There were some hacks seriously discussing if Bama could beat the Browns and how this could be Sabans best team/defense. What other offensive legend could have put up almost 1000 yards in 2 games on these past 2 Bama defenses?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we had beaten Bama in back-to-back

Feb 21, 2017, 11:44 AM

championship games, then I think DW4 would be considered one of the best college QBs to have ever played the game. In my mind, I do think he belongs in that conversation, but I'm just a little biased. For the rest of the sports watching world, I think they needed to see both of those games end with W's. And as we know, it's a crime that he didn't win the Heisman either year, but even more so this past year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Believe it or not, the Browns would curb stomp Bama...as

Feb 21, 2017, 11:46 AM

would any other NFL team over a college team.

null

Re: With Bamas D being touted as the best ever fielded

Feb 21, 2017, 12:02 PM

I spent the weekend down in Ponte Vedra playing TPC Sawgrass with a good buddy who is an LSU grad. We were paired with an Alabama grad that was down for a business conference . Trust me , when I say they all respect and know who the best player in the country is, everyone that I come across and sees me wearing the PAW knows. They can't say enough about DW4 , Dabo , our team and culture at Clemson. Make me proud to be a TIGER and to have my blood run ORANGE!

#ALLIN!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2017, 12:05 PM

All the smart fellows have been saying the same about Bama's D. But they continue saying that DW4 is a 2nd or 3d round QB. That is exactly what the definition of talking out of both sides of their mouth means.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2017, 12:37 PM

While I am a BIG, BIG fan of DW4, the fact of the matter is that our ENTIRE offense (the offensive line, the running backs and especially the wide receivers all helped out) should be credited for scoring all those points against Alabama and not just DW4 (of course, he was the glue that made it all possible).

If Alabama's defense is touted the best ever, Clemson's 2016 offense should be in the conversation for the best ever.

Feb 21, 2017, 1:57 PM

i don't hear that many people saying Bama's defense is the best defense ever in the history of ever of all college football now. They say that when teams are cowering in fear before stepping onto the field, or losing their mind after something bad happens. After Bama played Clemson, they got exposed. No more best ever talk.

We got the ring, no need to worry about more accolades, who cares?

The college team beating a pro team thing is ridiculous and

Feb 21, 2017, 2:46 PM

was already played out years ago. No self-respecting journalist or media member would float that idea in 2016. Did you read that on one of those sites where fans and not actual journalist write columns?

I think there is some good evidence to support the claim that this was Saban's best defense. It did have a flaw that we eventually exploited (wasn't deep enough to defend so many plays) as Watson torched it in the 4th quarter.

It's impossible to say who else could have done that though. There have been some other really, really, really good college players and it would be foolish to say that it wouldn't be possible for them to beat that Bama defense.

Re: The college team beating a pro team thing is ridiculous and

Feb 21, 2017, 3:30 PM

No depth, Top recruiting classes last eight years.

Sure but Saban chose not to develop and deploy all of it.

Feb 21, 2017, 3:48 PM

That was his mistake in the end. Despite all of the talent available he didn't play a lot of it over the course of the year.

Very fair question.***

Feb 21, 2017, 3:43 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not saying I agree...

Feb 21, 2017, 3:54 PM

But what I get from Bama fans is that their defense was the most talented ever, but lacked any kind of depth. Which is why for 70 plays they did a good job against DW, but for the last 30 DW shredded them to death.

Again, I think DW4 is one of the top 5 college QBs of all time, and that Bama D was not a top 5 defense of all time. I'm just repeating what I heard a few elephants say.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic