Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Update on brother
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 481

Update on brother

Mar 1, 2019, 7:56 PM

You'll recall that TigerBlood99's younger brother has been struggling with heroin addiction for the past 8-10 weeks.

He tried unsuccessfully this week to detox at my Mom's house. He lasted 26 hours before he left. Sad thing is, he was committed to doing it, but his body/mind just couldn't. He had brought 5 days worth of clothes, food, toiletries etc. The withdrawals were just too much to bear, especially in the presence of people he knew wouldn't judge him either way.

Well. He went to the doctor today and got written out of work for 30 days for "anxiety/depression". He has 30 days to get clean and stay that way and still keep his job.

He has committed to going to a lockdown rehab facility to get clean and to start a treatment program.

Lord knows, this is a huge battle for him, but just as much so for me, Mama, Daddy, Mawmaw, Pawpaw, etc. The boy has just always done everything the hard way despite being one of the smartest and most impressive people you ever met.

His hope is that when he gets clean, he can focus on learning the guitar. He has an amazing voice. Like, not karaoke good. But "win every karaoke competition he ever enters" good. He sounds JUST LIKE Keith Whitley.

I'm gonna give him him my guitar as a gift if he succeeds. Which I know he will. Because he's my brother and he used to get up and try to fight me even after I whooped his butt as a teenager who was 3 years older. That's him. I believe in that guy and hope the junge will too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rooting for y’all.

Mar 1, 2019, 7:58 PM

He’s got this!

Thanks man. It means more than you know

Mar 1, 2019, 8:02 PM

to have support from outside sources. I'm down here in the city by myself, so you all are the only people besides work folks and friends to help me process this.

It's good to have family, even if it's weird Internet people.

I hope your brother pulls it off

Mar 1, 2019, 8:48 PM

But #### if I am going to let you call 7spots weird

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're weird too

Mar 1, 2019, 8:52 PM

MauldinT, or should I say David Koechner

Coug’s bro is my bro.

Mar 1, 2019, 8:51 PM

I look forward to hearing him play that guitar and sing You Say It Best.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wishing y'all the best, Blood

Mar 1, 2019, 9:16 PM

If I can contribute a cheap amp, strings, picks or something to guitar startup, let me know!

Support is huge. Family sounds grounded, and it counts!

Rootin for y'all

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wishing the best for your brother, dude.

Mar 1, 2019, 9:46 PM

And your whole family. Stay strong, and the people in the Lunge are mostly good and only slighty disturbed. We gotcha!

Thanks for the update. T's and P's he gets thru this and

Mar 2, 2019, 6:30 AM

exceeds your expectations.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Update on brother

Mar 2, 2019, 8:30 AM

He's strong enough to admit he has a problem and needs help, he's strong enough to best this!! Prayers for strength to overcome this battle!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is trying... That's half the battle

Mar 2, 2019, 9:41 AM

Hoping for the best.

It’s a horrible, horrible addiction.

Mar 2, 2019, 10:23 AM

The silver lining, and it’s a big one, is that he’s smart enough and cognizant enough to realize that it’s a problem, a very serious one, and one that needs to be resolved immediately. He’s several steps ahead of most addicts, so that’s promising.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Update on brother

Mar 2, 2019, 10:28 AM

Prayers for your brother and your family!

Sounds like he's "no stranger to the rain"

Mar 2, 2019, 11:21 AM

good luck to him and y'all.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 481
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic