Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So if tickets are going for $145 on ticket sites now...what
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

So if tickets are going for $145 on ticket sites now...what

Jan 2, 2019, 5:54 PM

praytell will it be on gameday? 45 bucks nosebleed and 75 bucks for lower level?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So if tickets are going for $145 on ticket sites now...what

Jan 2, 2019, 6:08 PM

Yep, and this one time that the folks that bought up a lot of tickets when they went on sale for the purpose of resale and price gouge Clemson fans and their families, with a huge smile on my face I'm happy to say, they are going to take a beating on those Tics, and they are going to be the ones that get the horn this time around, Yeahhhhhh!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 6:45 PM

Poor location for a championship game. Rose bowl or the new stadium in Vegas are about the only stadiums that far west should be allowed to host in my opinion.

Jan 2, 2019, 6:53 PM [ in reply to Re: So if tickets are going for $145 on ticket sites now...what ]

As I (and a few others on here) have posted, there are a LOT of people that bought tickets, not looking to scalp them or make a buck. My fiancée and I bought tickets based on family members that said they were in. They have since backed out, leaving us out ~$2300 as of this posting. We're tried and true Clemson fans that have attended everything - every ACCCG, playoff game and National Championship.

These "nyuck nyuck we got one over on these POS scalpers!!" posts have gotten old and are, quite frankly, BS. Like us, I have a feeling there are a ton of honest Clemson fans that are getting 5crewed by various organizations and family/friends. So - your post is definitely painted with a broad brush.

So how much would I have to pay

Jan 2, 2019, 6:59 PM

To take them off of your hands?

Re: So how much would I have to pay

Jan 2, 2019, 7:15 PM

I don't know. I'm a capitalist, understand how it works and I get it. Right now, I've got them posted on here for $525 each. I doubt we'll see that for them, but they are great seats - I don't want to go too low, yet I don't want to leave money on the table. We've never been in the ticket selling business, so this is new to us.

Wisertime, this should be a HOF post by you

Jan 2, 2019, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Re: So if tickets are going for $145 on ticket sites now...what ]

Well said.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wisertime, this should be a HOF post by you

Jan 2, 2019, 7:07 PM

Thank you. I didn't post that for points or accolades, but watching the dropping prices and realizing these 10 days will likely cause my fiancée and I somewhere in the ~$10k range - all because we love Clemson football - I'm just beyond tired of those posts.

But, I do appreciate it. Thanks again.

Jan 2, 2019, 7:02 PM [ in reply to Re: So if tickets are going for $145 on ticket sites now...what ]

Perhaps you should hold those family members who said they were going responsible. It certainly isn't anyone else's fault. Oh, and BTW- While I am sure some are taking a bath through no fault of their own, a much larger number were buying to profit on resale.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 7:13 PM

Easier said than done. Not sure how I can pass the blame off on mid-70's inlaws that are missing maybe their first post-season game ever, all because my MIL has a blood clot in her leg and can't fly. When we originally requested through IPTAY, everything was perfect - but a lot can change in a month.. They're going through a lot and have supported Clemson (and us - their daughter and SIL) for over 40 years. Asking them to eat the cost of these tix to a game they'll miss through no fault of their own would be tough to do.

Jan 2, 2019, 7:15 PM

Understood. Sorry for your suffering.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 7:27 PM

No harm, no foul. Just would like to relay what some are going through and that there are probably a lot of people going through similar issues. I get that there are scalpers - but doubt there are too many browsing Tnet that posters can get a dig in on..

Jan 2, 2019, 8:01 PM

Just go and look in Tickets for sale.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Re: So if tickets are going for $145 on ticket sites now...what ]

And I think that you know that I'm not speaking of you or folks that has been put in that situation, and I know how you feel about it bc, I have done the same for friends and family and got stuck holding the bag. So I do understand and feel for you in that situation. But I'm also sure that you know the type that I'm talking about!!!

Jan 2, 2019, 8:06 PM [ in reply to Re: So if tickets are going for $145 on ticket sites now...what ]

Anyone who told you to buy tickets for them should pay you for them !! I had a guy who I picked up 4 ACCCG tickets for this year who backed out at last minute. I don’t have to tell you how the resale market was for this game because you were there. Nobody wanted to pay big money to sit in the rain. He paid me every dime he owed. Why should you be left holding the bag?

Jan 2, 2019, 9:04 PM

Man it’s called respect for your family.
Especially the situation he just described, I wouldn’t ask my parents that have done so much for me .
But its not anybody’s fault and it’s just life.
He will be bless for his loss .

Jan 2, 2019, 9:16 PM

My parents wouldn't ask me to buy tickets and not pay for them.

Jan 2, 2019, 9:14 PM [ in reply to Re: So if tickets are going for $145 on ticket sites now...what ]

Tell your family to pay up. They entered a verbal contract. Collect on it.

Jan 2, 2019, 9:21 PM [ in reply to Re: So if tickets are going for $145 on ticket sites now...what ]

sick of people like you, feeling like the 'victim' . Hope anyone who has extras can get what they can for them... Guessing you aren't going out to Santa Clara, but if you are let me know, I'll treat you to a beer..

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic