Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Herbstreit, Corso, Howard pick their CFB champions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

TNET: Herbstreit, Corso, Howard pick their CFB champions

Aug 26, 2018, 11:52 AM

Herbstreit, Corso, Howard pick their CFB champions

ESPN GameDay personalities Desmond Howard, Lee Corso, and Kirk Herbstreit made their College Football Playoff predictions in their season preview show. Desmond Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Herbstreit, Corso, Howard pick their CFB champions

Aug 26, 2018, 12:01 PM

Just curious - is that a stealth bomber pin Corso is wearing, and if so, why is he wearing it? Just curious.

Aug 26, 2018, 1:58 PM

I didn't see it, but I have seen him wear a NASA Space Shuttle pin in the past.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Aug 26, 2018, 12:05 PM

Am I the only one who thinks that you're grasping at straws when you pick a team not names Clemson, or Alabama to win the NC this year?

Michigan & Wisconsin, really? This season can't get here soon enough.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Michigan is Total Trash...And Harbaugh Has Sleepovers***

Aug 26, 2018, 2:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Michigan is Total Trash...And Harbaugh Has Sleepovers***

Aug 26, 2018, 4:15 PM

IKR, I want whatever Howard was on when he made that prediction. Michigan can’t even get past OSU or penn st to Win their conference. Our Tigers would curb stomp them like we did to OSU a few years back. My prediction is we end up national champs and the only team that stands a chance at knocking us off in the playoffs would be Bama.

Aug 26, 2018, 8:41 PM

he is a total idiot......Michigan could not even beat the coots last season.......and will not even finished ranked in the Top 25 at the end of the season......they are very over-ranked every season for some reason........Go Tigers!!!!!!

Aug 28, 2018, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Michigan is Total Trash...And Harbaugh Has Sleepovers*** ]

Did you also notice that Howard said the SEC championship game would be between South Carolina and Alabama?? Maybe he needs a drug test.

Clemson is the only team all of them

Aug 26, 2018, 12:07 PM

put in the Playoff.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they all think we make the cfp but can't finish. Interesting

Aug 26, 2018, 12:10 PM

Wonder what the missing link to put us over the top could be?

Re: they all think we make the cfp but can't finish. Interesting

Aug 26, 2018, 1:41 PM

It's call favoritism, favoritism, favoritism, and favoritism, and Clemson isn't or never has been in their top favored teams. It will take 20 years of staying on course as one of the top teams in the country, but even that won't be enough to be listed as all time favorites as a Bama, OSU, Oklahoma, or a Michigan. Clemson won't have a place at that table until all the older commentators have gone, and the younger ones come in that saw Clemson as one of the best FB teams in the country while they were growing up. Until then Clemson won't have their year in and year out permanent seat at that table. The way that it operates right now with Clemson having 5 great years, they will pull up a chair from another table and allow Clemson to sit at the table with their traditional big boys!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: they all think we make the cfp but can't finish. Interesting

Aug 26, 2018, 1:54 PM

Isn't the fact that we are the only team that all 3 of them picked to be in the playoff the essence of "having a seat at the table?" Even though none of them picked us to win it all the way I see it is that by being the one team they all picked they are showing us plenty of respect. Things have changed considerably from just two years ago when many of them would pick FSU just bc they assumed we would somehow blow it.

I agree that it will take a very long time to be considered on the same level as the historically great programs overall, but in the CFP era no team other than Bama and possibly Ohio State has gotten the level of respect that we have.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think so, at least not this year. I think why they

Aug 27, 2018, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Re: they all think we make the cfp but can't finish. Interesting ]

aren't putting Clemson over for the whole thing is points per game. I think if we were able to be a 30+ pts per game type team then we'd be mentioned as the winner in one of these guys polls. But the fact of the matter is we still don't know what our offensive production is going to be like. I think BAMA is going to put up big points this year with Tua. They'll be in the 40's and 50's most games this year. We will probably end up averaging in the 20's and 30s.

Herbstreit i know has said it multiple times about the lack of offense at Clemson at the QB position. I think i'd agree. I would rate us as very good offensively but not great. I'd probably rank alabama as great with Tua.

And i would welcome KB and company to shut me up and sit me down. I will cheer for them no matter what. I just hope the rabbit can be pulled out of the hat this year.

Re: I don't think so, at least not this year. I think why they

Aug 27, 2018, 10:52 AM

Clemson does not run up the score. Ever. Dabo prefers experience for the next level over points.

Kirk is the only one with half a brain***

Aug 26, 2018, 12:15 PM

Clemson should be the easy pick as National Champions.

Aug 26, 2018, 12:23 PM

Last year, we didn't have the necessary talent and experience on offense, so we slowed down offensively and relied on our defense. That's Bama's game and it's hard to beat them at that. You have to be able to throw and catch efficiently to spread them out and wear them down. We now have the talent and depth at every position offensively to beat teams throwing and catching, as well as multiple home run threats at the running back position.

This year, we are the most talented and experienced team top to bottom with the best defense. Out of the teams they mention, I don't see any of them as good offensively as we are unless Tua is a difference maker for Bama.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disagree about last year

Aug 26, 2018, 12:46 PM

IMHO Bama was not a better team than ours. They were very similar to us. The biggest difference was their D came out on fire with something to prove and punched us in the mouth. We had no answer. Hurts was clearly not going to beat us if we played our best game. They just played like they had something to prove and we crumbled. When we got the turnover in Bamas territory at the start of the 3rd and didn’t get a touchdown the game was over.

Re: Disagree about last year

Aug 26, 2018, 1:40 PM

Plus they avoided playing a Conference championship game and rested up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

We still had 1 month off. Think that last game really made a difference?***

Aug 26, 2018, 2:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

The next day after losing to Auburn, they started prepping

Aug 26, 2018, 4:29 PM

Clemson. If they made it, it would be as the #4 seed and they knew Clemson would be the #1 seed. There was a definite advantage, though I don't think that was the reason we lost. A limited, vanilla O was a sitting duck for stacking the box....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson should be the easy pick as National Champions.

Aug 27, 2018, 7:33 AM [ in reply to Clemson should be the easy pick as National Champions. ]

Revenge is always a great motivator, and as an Alabama fan, my concern this year is 1) Clemson and 2) Georgia ready to avenge last season's losses to the Tide. Clemson has the edge over everyone else on D, plus even if it's Bryant at QB, your offense will be better.
Alabama has a new OC, DC and a completely new group of DBs. Plus, by playoff time, if it's Tua, all our foes will have enough film to properly game plan for him.
With Saban, I'll always like our chances, but no one doubts Dabo's ability to get his team up for big games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2018, 1:20 PM

Predictable. Two can't predict past their biases and one stuck on first base. Yeah, it's time to get past the nauseating rhetoric and play ball. The usual excuses from the "experts " will follow as expected.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perfect

Aug 26, 2018, 1:30 PM

We can use each one of those nicely.

PS - Desmond is an idiot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree about Desmond. Hes gotta put his bias aside if he's

Aug 27, 2018, 8:56 AM

going to host a national college football show. Reminds me of Jonathan Vilma last year talking trash about how Miami should be #1 and they're the class of the ACC before the acc championship game. You can't be a clown and be a host. There's enough of those online.

Aug 26, 2018, 1:40 PM

Desmond Howard is a bad joke. The Big 10 didn’t even get 1 team in the playoffs last year so now they are gonna get 2 in. ?????? on top of that the 1 seed is gonna be Michigan. They haven’t been a factor since Harbaugh has been there and they will make minimul noise again this year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since Harbaugh’s been there?

Aug 26, 2018, 1:46 PM

You could’ve said “since Schembechler’s been there”!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Howard earned that crap eatin' grin old fashioned way! :-)***

Aug 26, 2018, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Herbstreit, Corso, Howard pick their CFB champions ]

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Aug 27, 2018, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Herbstreit, Corso, Howard pick their CFB champions ]

The Wolvereenies are good, but that's it. Good teams don't win championships, great teams do. Harbone will always make decisions or say things to mess things up. And their offenses plain stink. Solid D, but not enough.

Aug 26, 2018, 1:47 PM

They were also talking about projecting
Cockerels/aka coots playing Bama
for the SEC championship
LMAO!!!!

I'm not sure which is crazier, picking Michigan to win it all

Aug 26, 2018, 2:11 PM

or picking WVU to make the playoff. At least Desmond is an UM alum so you can maybe attribute that pick to just being a homer.

Re: I'm not sure which is crazier, picking Michigan to win it all

Aug 26, 2018, 2:44 PM

I think you'll beat Furman, but will underestimate Southern and lose.

Re: underestimate Southern

Aug 26, 2018, 2:51 PM

I don't think 'underestimate' means what you think it does.

We don't play Southern***

Aug 26, 2018, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm not sure which is crazier, picking Michigan to win it all ]

Re: We don't play Southern***

Aug 27, 2018, 9:45 AM

He must be looking ahead to the 2057 schedule.

Aug 26, 2018, 2:50 PM

I guess we have to start respecting Corso and his picks again. Should be a great year for the Tigers, but it's where we need to be. As Aretha would sing, RESPECT!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUTBA-MD

Desmond says Tennessee v. Arkansas in the SEC Title Game?!?

Aug 26, 2018, 2:55 PM

This guy is a stinkin’ genius!

~JKB

Re: Desmond says Tennessee v. Arkansas in the SEC Title Game?!?

Aug 26, 2018, 7:39 PM

Yeah, he hasn't a clue.

Re: Desmond says Tennessee v. Arkansas in the SEC Title Game?!?

Aug 28, 2018, 12:40 PM

Desmond said the coots vs Alabama in SEC title game.

Aug 26, 2018, 9:03 PM

Good grief make Corso retire already. That poor old man can hardly keep his thoughts together.

Aug 27, 2018, 9:46 AM

Better yet, make him coach the Coots. ;)

Wisconsin wearing that SEC cape and mask. LOL

Aug 27, 2018, 4:59 PM

What are they even saying? I laughed so hard. The mummy Corso is losing his mind man. LOLZ for a while.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic