Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Tigers ranked 5th to 12th by CBSSports CFB Experts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Football Update: Tigers ranked 5th to 12th by CBSSports CFB Experts

Aug 12, 2013, 11:50 AM

Tigers ranked 5th to 12th by CBSSports CFB Experts

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think 7-8 is about right where we stack up realistically***

Aug 12, 2013, 11:51 AM

12th? Come on, now.

Aug 12, 2013, 11:53 AM

We're going to be a better team than we were last year.

Re: 12th? Come on, now.

Aug 12, 2013, 12:06 PM

The guy seems to be the only odd ball of the bunch...is the only guy to have Ohio State as the #1 over Bama...also put LSU (who we beat) and Florida (who lost to Louisville) ahead of us (and has Florida also ahead of Louisville too)...so he's not too bright.

To be fair, this isn't last year

Aug 12, 2013, 12:08 PM

I'm not saying he's right, but it's not somehow insane to believe one team will be better than another team this year even though they weren't last year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Given OSU's schedule I'd have them at #1 too

Aug 12, 2013, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: 12th? Come on, now. ]

OSU is playing in the morgue league. Barely a pulse in any of the people they play.

Wisconsin is my call on that...***

Aug 12, 2013, 1:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Graduated from Missouri this Dodd did

Aug 12, 2013, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Re: 12th? Come on, now. ]

What conference are they in now ?

Well there you go

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Graduated from Missouri this Dodd did

Aug 12, 2013, 1:25 PM

Missouri has a renowned journalism department

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Tigers ranked 5th to 12th by CBSSports CFB Experts

Aug 12, 2013, 11:54 AM

I think that is a little generous with both Nuk and Ellington gone but who knows. I guess if SW plays like 2 years ago that off sets NUK leaving

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed but I think 9-10 is about right for us

Aug 12, 2013, 11:56 AM

Hoe UGA is ahead of us with losing so much of their defense is still a head scratcher to me. They have way more question marks then we do and the offenses can be considered a wash though I trust Tajh more then Murray in big games, as his record is better.

Re: Agreed but I think 9-10 is about right for us

Aug 12, 2013, 12:04 PM

yeah I'm with you. I should have been clearer the lower end 5 is too high. 9-10 is about right. of course preseason ratings are such bs. I wish no one got rated till they had 3-4 games

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2013, 12:08 PM

The weird thing is Dodd has us ranked #12 and FSU #13, but in the ACC preview his "Bold Conference Prediction" was that either Clemson or FSU would make it to the national title game...

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/22970775/acc-expert-predictions

Maybe he's trying to reverse jinx us? He's also got Ohio State #1 so maybe he's just trying to get people talking...

It seems that's what Hinnen is doing too. Nobody has Ole Miss ranked except for him...and he's got them at #9!? Higher than Texas A&M, Georgia, LSU...Texas A&M @ #14? I could see them not having as successful a year this year, but at this point you have to give them the respect in the rankings. Whatever.

If I'm choosing a "best" poll, I'd give it to Fornelli or Fowler, with Hinnen and Dodd being the worst (and that's not even so much about ranking Clemson #12, but Ohio State #1. That's ridiculous).

Aug 12, 2013, 12:10 PM

Just realized Fowler didn't even rank Louisville...please mark him off my list haha

Aug 12, 2013, 12:19 PM

UGA returns 10 of 11 starts from a darn good offense. Not flashy like Clemson but they get it done.

Not sure how you cant rank them highly. Clemson had a terrible defense and still finished in the top 15 due to good offense. I am sure nationally most expect UGA defense to be better than Clemson so that makes for a higher ranking

It means nothing, just preseason but will be settled on the field soon

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2013, 1:05 PM

I don't think many people would agree with you nationally. Take Michigan and Wisconsin and Ohio St. That alone blows away waht the ACC has and at the end of the season maybe even more than the SEC PAC 12 and Big 12

Michigan was young and played SC tough and really should have won that game just as LSU should have won the Clemson game. A 4-16 on your own 10 yd line is a fluke play that doesn't happen very often. A hit like Clowney's is a flue play that doesn't happen often and both ended up giving their team the go ahead score.

People forget 6 months ago Clemson scored on a last second field goal to win after a freak of a drive at the end of the game to win a very good bowl game maybe one of the best ever. Great teams, great very close game, That has morphed into we blew out LSU we will blow out UGA. My how 6 months can completely change an outcome.

"Take Michigan and Wisconsin and Ohio St." "Blows away"???

Aug 12, 2013, 1:15 PM

I'd take Clemson, FSU, and Miami all day, every day. I think Wisconsin 'could' be the surprise of the B1G, but they're all over-hyped.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You make very valid points. This is a new year and to think

Aug 12, 2013, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Tigers ranked 5th to 12th by CBSSports CFB Experts ]

Clemson is going to cake walk through Uga. is ridiculous. This is a new year and things change. I want Clemson to beat the heck out of Uga. but I think it is going to be close and I hope it is close. IF we trounce Uga. then Clemson's heads may swell only to come crashing down hard.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2013, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Tigers ranked 5th to 12th by CBSSports CFB Experts ]

No doubt the 4th and 16 isn't common...but neither is losing your most explosive player on the first play of the game, while he simultaneously fumbles the ball. You could argue that was a fluke, which allowed a TD a couple of plays later. LSU also scored a 57 yard touchdown on the first play of the second half, which accounted for more than half of their total rushing yards for the game. If you really wanted to, you could count that as a fluke too.

Clemson outgained LSU 445-219, got 32 first downs to LSU's 9, and outpossesed LSU 36-24.

If you believe LSU was a better team than Clemson last year, that's fine. However Clemson outplayed LSU in every facet of the game. The only "lucky" part of that game was that Clemson didn't win by 10+ because they were the better team that night.

Yes, you tell ,em Mac!***

Aug 12, 2013, 1:26 PM

They're saving that 10+ for GA...***

Aug 12, 2013, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Tigers ranked 5th to 12th by CBSSports CFB Experts ]

Re: They're saving that 10+ for Clemson

Aug 12, 2013, 1:48 PM

I fixed it for you!!

Get back to your possum hunting. You're going to need some

Aug 12, 2013, 1:52 PM

GameDay stew.

Aug 12, 2013, 1:17 PM

We will have to beat UGA before I could put us in the Top Ten. I don't see that yet. We've seen our D play ONE great game, and our O doesn't do well when they're sitting on the sidelines (ask USUC). Anyway - I'd have us around 11-12 right now. Hope I'm wrong, but I have to see something tangible to place us higher.

Look at LSU game again And watch practice videos - much more

Aug 12, 2013, 1:32 PM

Intense and physical with players with their heads on straight - started with practice before LSU game - tougher, more Motivated and Confident!

"started with practice before LSU game" Agree completely.

Aug 12, 2013, 1:41 PM

Venables finally got to do some installing vs. personnel adjustments and next game preps. Blitz packages and line stunts and improved LB play. This is year 2 and there is considerably more depth and experience on D.

Aug 12, 2013, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Tigers ranked 5th to 12th by CBSSports CFB Experts ]

I'm trying to hold my opinion until after the UGA game, though we do know we've got the potential to be a good team...

However I don't have a problem with ranking us this high because of who is behind us. When I see us at #9 in the coaches poll, I don't think "Wow, we're ahead of Team X? That's impressive". We've had back to back double-digit win seasons and we had a pretty impressive bowl win last year with a lot of talent coming back.

I think we're fine at #9...but we're going to need to prove ourselves against UGA before we can talk about deserving more.

Aug 12, 2013, 3:15 PM

Just remembered we're #8...still, I'm comfortable with that.

Re: Re: Football Update: Tigers ranked 5th to 12th by CBSSports CFB Experts

Aug 12, 2013, 11:35 PM

GO TIGERS! BEAT UGA!

"Experts"

Aug 13, 2013, 1:24 AM

Watching football and writing or talking about it makes you an expert ?
My name is Doug ...and I am a college football "expert".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

So......

Aug 13, 2013, 5:47 AM

When Aaron Murray has a terrible game against an improved Clemson defense, but then goes back to Athens in week 2 to stomp the dirtpeckers:

How they gonna spin it???

At this point the yardbirds are NOT iur main focus. To HE## with them!!!!

Go Tigers!!!

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic