Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Winning with heart (long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 568

Winning with heart (long)

Jan 8, 2016, 11:04 AM

Hello Tiger fans.

I want to start by saying I am a diehard Clemson fan...I have been all my life. I bleed orange like all the rest of you. I am living in Florida and I get giddy when I see my fellow Tigers or when I see Tiger flags or T-Shirts coming and going.
I just turned 33 in December, so that means I wasn't quite part of this world yet when Danny Ford led our 1981 team to the promised land. Now, I have read hundreds of stories and articles about how that season went, how we started and how it ended. The odds we beat and how special it truly was.
In the past 15-20 years, since I have really gotten into football, I have been to many games in Death Valley. I was there for some of the biggest games (Miami '05, FSU every time out, So. Car every time out and I saw us take down Auburn in '11) but I have not been to the Valley since Georgia Tech in '13. By far the best season, not only in Clemson history, but in my lifetime, I have missed it. I have relied on texts from my dad and wife and my ESPN app. I have only seen two full games. (Louisville and USC, and a few drives of others). I just wanted to say that based on what I have seen thus far, it seems this Clemson Tiger team has more heart than given credit for. I think this team has proven they can compete with and defeat anybody. Many people forget football, especially college football is not played on paper. IF that, the same teams would go undefeated from here to eternity. However, it is played on the field with talent, coaching and most of all...heart. This 2015 team is really good. We're not 14-0 and playing for our second National Championship because we're just lucky and fell into it. But most of all, Dabo and our boys have simply wanted it more. Stopping Notre Dame on the 2-point, The train driving the last TD against FSU and simply outmanning Oklahoma were signs of the heart this team has. I think they know how good they are, but also the obstacles and adversity they face despite being 14-0. When it's all said and done, I think Dabo and the 2015 Clemson Tigers will be victorious and bring home our second National Championship. There is more heart in this team than I have ever seen. The more people say we can't do something, the harder we play to simply say "yes we can". Go Tigers. I sadly can't go to Arizona, but I will be wearing my orange and screaming my lungs out from the couch. Go TIgers 15-0.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 568
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic