Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: WATCH: No Goals left for Clemson?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

FB Update: WATCH: No Goals left for Clemson?

Sep 24, 2014, 3:00 PM

WATCH: No Goals left for Clemson?

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beat the chickens and win some miserable midtier ACC bowl

Sep 24, 2014, 3:05 PM

that's it.

Why is the bowl itself miserable? Doesn't the opponent

Sep 24, 2014, 3:11 PM

typically dictate that?

Clemson

Stupid Debate/Topic

Sep 24, 2014, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Beat the chickens and win some miserable midtier ACC bowl ]

How can anyone say, Clemson doesn't have anything to play for? We're three games into the season, We lost to UGAy, FSU. Not UMASS and Furman. Anything can happen... Honestly, its a silly argument. Let the season play out, then debate it

The Orange Bowl is a miserable mid-tier bowl?

Sep 24, 2014, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Beat the chickens and win some miserable midtier ACC bowl ]

Dood, your filter is about as efficient as Winston's.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is wrong with the Orange Bowl?***

Sep 24, 2014, 5:07 PM [ in reply to Beat the chickens and win some miserable midtier ACC bowl ]

Miserable mid-tier ... that describes the Capital One Bowl***

Sep 24, 2014, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Beat the chickens and win some miserable midtier ACC bowl ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TigerNet is allergic to reality.***

Sep 24, 2014, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Beat the chickens and win some miserable midtier ACC bowl ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em capon

Sep 24, 2014, 10:28 PM [ in reply to Beat the chickens and win some miserable midtier ACC bowl ]

sad

We blew it, now we have to live with it, beat USuC thats it***

Sep 24, 2014, 3:09 PM

Potentially knocking coots out of a playoff

Sep 24, 2014, 3:11 PM

Scenario (which is doubtful they would win their games until then), and topping off a 9 win streak with another Orange Bowl victory?

Sounds like plenty to play for to me.

Re: Potentially knocking coots out of a playoff

Sep 24, 2014, 3:27 PM

I think you mean 10 wins plus a bowl victory

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That we be fun***

Sep 24, 2014, 7:09 PM [ in reply to Potentially knocking coots out of a playoff ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beat Usuc***

Sep 24, 2014, 3:13 PM

Amen.***

Sep 24, 2014, 4:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: FB Update: WATCH: No Goals left for Clemson?

Sep 24, 2014, 3:18 PM

these are the same idiots who coined the term " Clemsoning" and they don't even remember what it means. sat night was not " clemsoning" the term was created because in years past we would win a big game ( FSU) then drop one to a lesser talented team (wake, Maryland,BC etc.) someone should call them out on this.

I say we have plenty to play for , I also say we were handed the ACC championship on a silver platter and we refused to take it. whatever happens lets get Watson some experience and beat SC

This commercial was paid for by the SEC. Win at all cost

Sep 24, 2014, 3:20 PM

campaign.

Sep 24, 2014, 3:29 PM

So win out.....Really nothing to lose the rest of the season. Of course if Florida St finds a way to lose two (not saying they will but they were struggling before Winston was suspended for the game against us) and the top SEC school is a two loss team, then we are back in the thick of it.

Sep 24, 2014, 11:07 PM

Amen! The way teams are playing, there's a strong possibility that many top tier teams could end up with two losses this year. Then What? Any given Saturday. Win out Tigers and lets see what happen within the FBS game of football. The weirdest things happens every year. By then most teams will not won't to play this defense in the first round. The Offense will polished and should be hitting on all cylinders by playoff picking time.

top 63-17***

Sep 24, 2014, 3:36 PM

Sep 24, 2014, 3:47 PM

Again...they really had no reason to have such a discussion on TV. It serves little purpose except to belittle a team. By them saying " Clemson is irrelevant the rest of the season." It's just another example of eSECpn showing their true colors! IMO.

Grump please allow me some profanity on this one from ESPN

Sep 24, 2014, 3:47 PM

(sorry in advance)
#### YOU ESPN

Whoe gives them the right to say CLEMSPONING...

Really #### YOU AGAIN ESPN

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Re: Grump please allow me some profanity on this one from ESPN

Sep 24, 2014, 3:55 PM

So whoa re these guys? ESPN's D team. I swear if FSU looses two games and we win the division, I am going to call these morons and ask them to play that video again live.

Re: Grump please allow me some profanity on this one from ESPN

Sep 24, 2014, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Grump please allow me some profanity on this one from ESPN ]

Not sure if that's any better than Clemzning or not. Ugh. #### em all.

I love how they imply that the 120ish teams that won't make this year's playoffs should just give up and quit now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Win out + win bowl = 11 wins

Sep 24, 2014, 4:02 PM

11 wins for 3 seasons in a row is not a bad accomplishment. 33-6 over 3 years is pretty solid. Starting Watson and the other youngunns is a good thing and a great building block for this team. The future is bright fellow Tiger fans!

Re: Win out + win bowl = 11 wins

Sep 24, 2014, 11:12 PM

Not according go these espn analysts.

Sep 24, 2014, 4:07 PM

Our goal right now is to beat North Carolina. Winning the ACC would be nice, but not a major accomplishment according to the ESPN talking heads. Our goal should be just go out every game and give it 110% and make Coach Howard proud.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahah

Sep 24, 2014, 4:09 PM

HahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahah

The only game that matters is still left. It's been the only game that mattered all year!

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

That's non-sense.... Go play hard and try to win out.***

Sep 24, 2014, 4:11 PM

Hey ########, I got something you can swallow.

Sep 24, 2014, 4:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2014, 4:16 PM

I'm still crushed by that loss on Saturday. The only reason I'm pumped about the rest of our season is because our defense is awesome and I'm so excited about Deshaun Watson. We can win out with him and how fitting would it be for him to beat South Carolina as a true freshman? Also excited about watching Makensie Island this year. We'll bounce back and just let ESPN hate the rest of the year. They better not jump on that bandwagon when we're playing for a national title in 2016.

Sep 24, 2014, 4:28 PM

My goal is to not listen to talking heads on ESecPN. I have already accomplished that feat. I only tune in when a game is on. Try it, I believe you will like it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why are we in shotgun with 1st and goal inside the 1?***

Sep 24, 2014, 4:34 PM

BS Perspective

Sep 24, 2014, 4:53 PM

Lot of water under the bridge from now to November. Just eSECpn rubbing the salt hard into our wounds.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's what I think.....

Sep 24, 2014, 4:55 PM

-Within the next couple of weeks....most teams in college football will be in the same boat (unable (allegedly) to win their division, out of the playoff). I don't understand why we get singled out for such a discussion.

- The other thing is that a top 10 finish and beating South Carolina are pretty worthy goals. This garbage about teams not having anything to play for because of the playoff is ridiculous. If anything, you could make an argument that Clemson could win out, climb the ladder and be closer to the playoff than some of these other teams who have feasted on cupcakes early and will falter late.

- Will they do a segment on South Carolina not having anything to play for when they lose their second game? Or any other SEC team for that matter?

- I still think FSU loses one game. Maybe not two. But what if they did?

- Of all the games left on our schedule, here's what I think we have:

- Major cupcakes in Georgia State and Wake Forest.
- Games that we should win handily in N.C. State and
Syracuse.
- Games against semi-decent teams that will give us
trouble if we are not focused in UNC and Georgia
Tech.
- Games against tough teams that are not an easy
out, but we will be expected to win and therefore
not get much credit for doing so in BC and
Louisville.
- One game against a really strong team that will
likely be ranked in South Carolina.

Obviously, the best case scenario is to win out and we will be in a really good spot. Who knows? If Jameis does something else, then FSU is certainly capable of dropping a couple of games without him. Even with him, have they played a real road game yet? There just seems to be too much season left to jump to such conclusions.

Meanwhile, if we win....there's plenty of time to quietly rise in the rankings while others fall. And if SCAR stays ranked, then we can make a statement at that time.

Re: Here's what I think.....

Sep 24, 2014, 5:45 PM

You nailed it. I agree. Let's hope that by the SCAR game, they are not only 9-2, but have also learned to minimize the costly mistakes.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Plenty of good games upcoming

Sep 24, 2014, 5:24 PM

UNC has lost some luster because of the way they've started the season and them getting killed by ECU last week. But they're not a bad team, and they'll probably win a bunch of games this year.

We still play GT in Atlanta, and that's been a tough place to win for Clemson.

The Louisville game will be a pretty big deal, especially if Louisville can play its way back into the top 25. That will also be our first time playing them since I don't know when, so there's also the novelty factor.

It's like none of y'all care about our conference games except against FSU.

Of course, there's also South Carolina at the end of the year.

Win all of those games, and we're finishing very highly ranked and we're playing a pretty good team in a bowl game. Yeah, we probably can't win championships this year, but that's the case for almost every team.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From "Best is the standard," to "like almost everyone else."

Sep 24, 2014, 6:44 PM

The way that "almost every team" won't play for championships/would lose to FSU/steps on their #### excuse gets thrown around it may as well be our new motto.

Clemson - Pretty much just like anywhere else!

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

F ESPN, they're still scared at how we are recruiting...

Sep 24, 2014, 5:33 PM

ESPN you have lost your war on us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: F ESPN, they're still scared at how we are recruiting...

Sep 24, 2014, 6:34 PM

Love how ESPN always says "Ray Ray McCloud's committed to Clemson for now"...like it's a foregone conclusion that he will decommit - haters

Meanwhile FSU drops 2 in ACC. GASP! Oh NO! Now What?***

Sep 24, 2014, 5:41 PM

Sep 24, 2014, 6:42 PM

We will continue to see this type of reporting as each team misses their chance at the final 4. If college football isn't careful people will start to think that anything less than the big 4 is worthless. Which is Not the case. If fans follow suit the bowls and advertisers $$$$$ will change that format quickly. The next to drop out if their chance will be the next subject fir the talking idiots

The Goal is For DW to Shine and lead us to the Promised

Sep 24, 2014, 7:01 PM

land of a NC next year. Of course beating The coots along the way

Marlborocountycapon = tigerfanjack

Sep 24, 2014, 10:29 PM

sad

My goal: WIN!!!!!***

Sep 24, 2014, 7:13 PM

Re: My goal: WIN!!!!!***

Sep 24, 2014, 11:18 PM

And See What Happens.

isn't the goal to win the next game... hate espn/others

Sep 24, 2014, 10:39 PM

now talk Heisman/national champs in the first week.

enjoy each game, get pissed, excited/etc every Saturday and let the season do what it's going to do

sad big TV is ruining seasons for many teams, but not for me

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: isn't the goal to win the next game... hate espn/others

Sep 24, 2014, 11:23 PM

Trying to, the "GAMES STILL HAS TO BE PLAY". NO TEAM WILL BE THE EXCEPTION TO ADVERSITY. IT WILL COME TO ALL TEAMS BEFORE THE SEASONS END.

Sep 25, 2014, 3:01 AM

horrible

null

Last year we lost 2 regular season games and beat OSU in the

Sep 25, 2014, 11:07 AM

Orange Bowl. I'd say winning out would completely change everyone's mind. Let's see how everybody changes there attitude after we win the next two.

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic