Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Willard's speech helps push physical Clemson past LSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Willard's speech helps push physical Clemson past LSU

Jan 3, 2013, 6:35 PM

Willard's speech helps push physical Clemson past LSU

Senior Tig Willard gathered his teammates around on the eve of Clemson’s nationally-televised matchup against seventh-ranked LSU and told them he had something he wanted to say. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Willard's speech helps push physical Clemson past LSU

Jan 3, 2013, 6:42 PM

this season..especially at the end when you could have mailed it in, but fought harder than ever..and won over a true championship team in LSU.

GoTiGERs! Now go and enjoy your accomplishments!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: need that attitude next year!

Jan 3, 2013, 6:44 PM

Gonna miss Tig. Hope his attitude sticks with the d after he's gone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know you've raised a real tiger fan when you ask your son what he wants his cub scout pinewood derby car to be and he says a Tiger!

Willard is the biggest loss on our D

Jan 3, 2013, 6:50 PM

Goodman played an outstanding game but he has been inconsistent all year long. Our safeties speak for themselves and Blanks is going to be a big improvement here next year. Willard has been the most consistent and tenacious of our players on D from start to finish with Shuey showing up after the GT game. I'm going to miss #46 who was always around the ball. I really hope he gets to play in the NFL

Maybe I'm missing something...

Jan 3, 2013, 7:33 PM

but I don't really remember Willard's name being called;what was his stats vs LSU?

Re: Maybe I'm missing something...

Jan 3, 2013, 7:58 PM

3 tackles. 1 for loss. 1 assist. The one for loss was a sack. Since LSU only ran 50plays, pretty good. Hall had the most with 9.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know you've raised a real tiger fan when you ask your son what he wants his cub scout pinewood derby car to be and he says a Tiger!

Willard had a really good 1st down saving hit on the

Jan 3, 2013, 8:04 PM

sidelines when the announcer Cunningham tried to claim "targeting" ... I do not know what football is coming to when that sort of hit is deemed a foul.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Willard had a really good 1st down saving hit on the

Jan 3, 2013, 11:00 PM

You are all over it. The next thing we will see is 2 hand touch, with a foul for touching too hard. Football is a war. I don't think wars are fought with blanks. Just an old school guy here, but if you don't want to play, stay home, and this is coming from an old guy with 2 knee surgeries and looking at another soon. NO REGRETS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2013, 6:12 AM [ in reply to Willard had a really good 1st down saving hit on the ]

apextiger, Cunningham is a motor mouth and is an "authority on all things football (in his mind). He consistently misses calls like 1st down,late hits, pass interference, etc. He is not very good IMHO.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2013, 12:26 PM

OMG, Cunningham was awful in announcing that game. He needs to come off of the air or go do LSU football only. He didn't even own up to his being wrong on calls when they would show it in super slow motion. Give me Nessler and the former Penn State QB to announce in the future.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was speaking moreso about his entire year***

Jan 3, 2013, 8:25 PM [ in reply to Maybe I'm missing something... ]

I freakin' love this Tiger!

Jan 3, 2013, 7:45 PM

Best of luck to you Tig as you move on from Clemson.

Hate to see him go, but Ben Boulware says "Hello"***

Jan 3, 2013, 8:40 PM

Re: Front Page Story: Willard's speech helps push physical Clemson past LSU

Jan 3, 2013, 11:20 PM

you could see all year clemsons' "D" had alot of fight in them, and it was great to see them progress and really put it all together against LSU.

I'm glad to hear this and I think it's great

Jan 4, 2013, 6:27 AM

but I also have this question:

did anyone give a similar speech before the USC game?

Re: I'm glad to hear this and I think it's great

Jan 4, 2013, 11:29 AM

Wheither they did or not, it is history. Move on.

The fatal flaw in your thought process

Jan 4, 2013, 11:49 AM

is that if you don't fix the problem, that same history keeps coming back over and over - for four years now.

Hope he Skypes in some speeches from the NFL next year.***

Jan 4, 2013, 12:46 PM

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic