Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will we try to shut down O31O Dobbins or
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Will we try to shut down O31O Dobbins or

Dec 19, 2019, 5:57 PM

The QB. Doctor Venables plan, I’d love to know the plan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Will we try to shut down O31O Dobbins or

Dec 19, 2019, 5:59 PM

Ohio St would like to know the plan too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice try Ryan***

Dec 19, 2019, 6:00 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2019, 6:01 PM

Looking at O31-0 State stats, shutting down the run by the Tigers takes away their biggest strength.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2019, 7:36 PM

Yeah and that means Dobbins and Fields. The more he has to throw against BV's secondary, the better our chances.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2019, 6:03 PM

Has anyone seen the picture of Day when he saw he was playing us.....lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Dec 19, 2019, 6:22 PM

he seems a bit arrogant.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 19, 2019, 7:37 PM

The Ohio State and arrogant - that's one for the Department of Redundancy Department.

Dec 19, 2019, 6:15 PM

Based on previous seasons and games, you always stop the run first. More bad things can happen when you throw the ball. Sacks, picks, disguising coverages. Like Georgia tech, stopping the b back doesn't mean you'll win the game but not stopping the b back means you'll lose. I think that's how it is against a balanced team. Let Dobbins run successfully and it will completely open up the pass. I'd shut the run down and disguise some coverages with our experienced secondary. Fields will mess up eventually. And bring pressure if he doesn't. I trust our dbs on islands with a blitz all day long. Blitz enough and it works. May give up a few but in the long run it should work.

Dec 19, 2019, 7:22 PM

Dahamp2003 said:

Based on previous seasons and games, you always stop the run first. More bad things can happen when you throw the ball. Sacks, picks, disguising coverages. Like Georgia tech, stopping the b back doesn't mean you'll win the game but not stopping the b back means you'll lose. I think that's how it is against a balanced team. Let Dobbins run successfully and it will completely open up the pass. I'd shut the run down and disguise some coverages with our experienced secondary. Fields will mess up eventually. And bring pressure if he doesn't. I trust our dbs on islands with a blitz all day long. Blitz enough and it works. May give up a few but in the long run it should work.

Yep!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2019, 7:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Will we try to shut down O31O Dobbins or ]

I strongly agree, except for your emphasis on the blitz. We will blitz some, but it is more important to confuse the young Fields, so sometimes you just show blitz and mix up your coverages. You don't have to physically get to him to screw up his decision making processes - just keep him guessing.

Dec 19, 2019, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Will we try to shut down O31O Dobbins or ]

Little Nicky and Tua TU this! Boom, 7-0 Tigers vs Bama last year. Enough said!

stop the run, we have 2 lockdown corners

Dec 19, 2019, 6:22 PM

they are going to do the same

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: stop the run, we have 2 lockdown corners

Dec 19, 2019, 7:42 PM

I don't think that their passing attack is as varied and versatile as ours.

Our receivers > their receivers

Dec 19, 2019, 8:39 PM [ in reply to stop the run, we have 2 lockdown corners ]

and Isaiah Simmons & K'Von Wallace > than their Safeties.

BV > their DC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2019, 6:24 PM

Hopefully we will shut down both just like the last time we played them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes.

Dec 19, 2019, 6:33 PM

They graduate like 10K people a year who go all over the

Dec 19, 2019, 7:29 PM

country to the games, no matter the venue/location. Shut those people up, and the team will be so taken aback by the lack of fans cheering for them, we win just out of weirdness ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They graduate like 10K people a year who go all over the

Dec 19, 2019, 7:43 PM

Well if weirdness will win it for us then y'all should buy me a ticket package.

I think it's a simple plan on the surface

Dec 19, 2019, 8:36 PM

First: shut down Dobbins and take him out of the game. You always take away their best player. And when you stop the run game, it's really difficult from there.

Second: on obvious passing plays we're going to blitz the absolute h3LL out of Fields, with some zone coverages on back end to further confuse him about where to go with the ball.

We have, by far the best back 7 they's faced this year. B/c of this, and the fact they have given up a lot of sacks, and JF has fumbled quite bit vs only 1 interception this year, the plan will be focused on making him hand off, or force him to run to keep the ball in his hand.

They may have some stuff early, but we'll see the defense make adjustments and tighten down on them over the course of the game and take away their first and second options.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes***

Dec 19, 2019, 8:59 PM

Both... It's a given.***

Dec 19, 2019, 10:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic