Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Leave politics out
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Leave politics out

Aug 5, 2020, 10:55 PM

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2902377-ncaa-approves-athletes-wearing-social-justice-statements-on-their-jerseys

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sad news but hope Dabo treats it same as he has..

Aug 5, 2020, 11:02 PM

concerning players not being on social media platforms (twitter, etc) during season.

Still remember the semi-pro player wearing “He Hate Me” on back of jersey.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: sad news but hope Dabo treats it same as he has..

Aug 8, 2020, 11:12 PM

FWIW, the social media blackout is a player decision, not a Dabo decision.

I fall in the middle of most political issues, but I've been very distracted by the social messages on NBA jerseys. I understand the significant role sports has previously played in bringing much-needed attention to social issues in the past, but I believe that happened before cable news & social media had the role they currently do. With politics & social issues being shoved in our face around the clock, 7 days a week, I think sports' valuable contribution should be the reminder that despite politics, people aren't that different.

I know the vast majority of the people on this site are very conservative, but you're not all that different from liberals in your day to day lives when you boil things down, and I think sports could serve as the great unifier in that aspect of things. We all have our social, political and religious beliefs, but we're all human and sports often reminds us that despite all those things, we're all in this together. Regardless of your affiliation, everyone thinks they're doing the "right thing"; no reasonable person goes out there with the mindset of "let's get some very evil things done today". Even the most staunch opponents politically may root for the same team though, and I think that shared love can go a long way in humanizing the "other guy" in a world where currently you're either a "Conservative Cuck" or a "Libtard". Both sides vilify one another to such a ridiculous degree that I think it'd be very valuable to have a reminder that we're not all that different, not that far apart, that when it really comes down to it we just want to be happy, take care of our families, be safe, be prosperous, etc., even if we have different ideas of how achieving those goals should be done.

Re: Leave politics out

Aug 5, 2020, 11:03 PM

I thought this was announced aa while ago

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's fine... Who will be the first to put "We the People"?

Aug 5, 2020, 11:36 PM

This policy is open to rampant litigation over what one considers "social justice"...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very revealing that it always the LEFT chirping...

Aug 6, 2020, 3:48 AM

"leave politics out of it"; parrots of this phrase then make a declaration of nonpartisanship-the orchestrators of the chaos, the left who view the pandemic as a miracle, a gift>Opportunity knocking on their door & they have seized upon it. Left's descisions are not restricted by the concept of morality & virtue-

Bounty Gate was the last straw for us Veterans and

Aug 8, 2020, 11:19 AM

Active military, his support has dropped from 70% to less than 50%!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bounty Gate was the last straw for us Veterans and

Aug 8, 2020, 10:41 PM

PUTINTRUMPISM, 2016 Russian interference, 2020 Russian already openly interfering utilizing traitor senators, Graham, Anderson and Grassley. Kurds betrayed, Russians allowed to take over our forts in Syria, troops taken out of Germany and Norway, traitor soldiers rewarded, heros Vineman fired, Secret Stormtroopers in D.C. clearing peaceful protestors for photoshoot, and in Portland illegally kidnapping and using chemicals on peaceful protestors, BOUNTY GATE is the last straw, let's get him and his complicit GOP and family out before the election and then locked up.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2020, 8:00 AM

Sports used to be the quintessential American meritocracy that brought people of every persuasion together.

Now, all of this sjw nonsense has ruined it. I haven't turned on the NFL in 4 years (used to be my #2 behind CFB). I will no longer watch MLB, or NASCAR either.

If Clemson makes the same mistake, I'll stop donating to IPTAY, buying season tickets, and supporting Clemson football. Nobody watches sports to be lectured to, especially by the un-enlightened. You're not "entitled" to act like a clown on my dime.

I've filled the time I used to spend watching the NFL, MLB, and NASCAR with other hobbies. I can do the same with Clemson Football.

Athletes who think we "need" them are making a huge miscalculation. They're about to learn a hard lesson in free market economics. They'll come around, or will be earning a lot less in the future.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2020, 1:44 PM

Reckless I couldn’t agree anymore

How ironic that Tim Tebow was censored years ago for Bible

Aug 6, 2020, 8:33 AM

verses on his eyeblack to try and bring people together. Now, all sorts of divisive political crap is suddenly ok to wear. I bet they would STILL shoot down the Bible verses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends on who puts in under their eyes

Aug 6, 2020, 8:48 AM

and I think you have to call it EyeColor now

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How ironic that Tim Tebow was censored years ago for Bible

Aug 7, 2020, 1:34 AM [ in reply to How ironic that Tim Tebow was censored years ago for Bible ]

If TT was of Islamic faith aka (devout follower of the Satanic Verses) he'd a been a media darling & tv viewers would force fed 2xs the amt of muslim propaganda than was dispersed during Barry's regime

Hopefully, someone will want MAGA - just to test the waters

Aug 6, 2020, 8:57 AM

or All Lives Matter or Blue Lives Matter

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like Crosses painted on faces?***

Aug 6, 2020, 9:31 AM

I am beyond confident that will be frowned upon.

Aug 6, 2020, 3:38 PM

Thank God Jesus was not 'politically correct'. But He was woke beyond any of the fools who say they are.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Aug 7, 2020, 9:18 AM

I agree...

Will we see "He Hate Me" on any jerseys this fall?***

Aug 8, 2020, 11:05 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic