Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will we be favored to win ACC next year?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Will we be favored to win ACC next year?

Nov 30, 2014, 1:10 PM

With how good our offense will be, and the defense will lose some players but should still be good (not what they were this year, but good).

FSU will lose JW, we should be better than Louisville. We get Tech at home.

Our only tough OOC game is Notre dame, although they haven't looked impressive lately. USuCk should be below average again. Gonna be a great year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no***

Nov 30, 2014, 1:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will we be favored to win ACC next year?

Nov 30, 2014, 1:12 PM

Absolutely we will not only be favored but we will win it going away as long as DW recoups good and adds some muscle in key spots. Who the he....is going to beast us in the ACC? Ooops, I forgot we got to go to the Cuse next year! My mistrake.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2014, 1:13 PM

cant see how w a new OL and all the DL LB experience gone. Oh I can see nit wits on this board working themselves into a froth over our championship prospects but realistically it will be a team with lots of new players needing to grow into their roles

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2014, 1:27 PM

74Tiger: Really? Ever heard of talent and coaching leads young guys to improve. Read the paper, we've got a top 5 recruiting class coming in and please don't give me the crap about "they're not ready to play". That BS cost us a possible, very real one, of a spot in the playoffs this year.

Nov 30, 2014, 1:18 PM

Should be as much of a contender as we were in 2012 and going into 2013 (pre-Jameis hype).

Our starting defense actually is only taking a drop off to where I think we would still be a top 25 unit. It's the depth that becomes a concern in the front 7. Also not sure if we have a linebacker of the caliber of Anthony to take over period.

Secondary will be one of the better in the country even after losing Smith and Peters --- Alexander, Kearse, Johnson and Tankersley is bordering on an elite unit if you can get average production out of the new starters...just by way of how good #2 and #20 are.

Offense will take a huge step forward IMHO. I think we'll be able to have an identity one way or the other that we seemed to lack at times this year.

I'd put us at another 10-2 type year.

Nov 30, 2014, 1:23 PM

Depends on how many of the draft eligible players FSU loses. If Winston and others go as expected I'm actually more afraid of going to Louisville and Miami next year than I am of FSU at home. If we can win those to road games along with the game in Columbia I think we have a real chance of being in the playoff hunt.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2014, 1:30 PM

dabrian: looks like you and I are the only ones you think we got a chance. Just who the he....is going to beat us, assuming DW stays healthy?

Nov 30, 2014, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Will we be favored to win ACC next year? ]

Please tell me exactly who will we lose to next year IYO?

Nov 30, 2014, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Will we be favored to win ACC next year? ]

Well said! What are your thoughts on Chris Register being the one that can fill Anthony's shoes at LB?

Nov 30, 2014, 2:54 PM

TigerFan: Register may very well fill those shoes. Add in the new recruits we've got coming in and we may be a little slow getting started the first couple of games but when we do--get the he...out of the tigers way or be eaten up by the TIGERS!!!
We want the opponents to be scared with the thought of playing us and that is where I believe we are headed!!!

Nov 30, 2014, 1:31 PM

Next year has the potential to be our year. we lose a few on defense, yes, but there are some young MONSTERS waiting to fill the void. Chris Register is going to be a superstar! Offensively, we could be the best we've seen yet if we can stay healthy.

Nov 30, 2014, 1:36 PM

TigerFan: Agreed.

Nov 30, 2014, 1:45 PM

No, far too many losses on defense for that to happen.

Nov 30, 2014, 2:47 PM

I think FSU will be a slight favorite to win the ACC Atlantic next year.

Like our chances JFB & let's win this bowl 1st

Nov 30, 2014, 3:18 PM

Expect FSU could be rated higher in pre-season until the world meets Mr. D-Wat

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic