Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will this 2017 Team beat Auburn, Louisville, Virginia Tech, or Florida State?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Will this 2017 Team beat Auburn, Louisville, Virginia Tech, or Florida State?

Apr 8, 2017, 7:00 PM

YES or NO

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. (It's "and" Florida State, not "or.") ***

Apr 8, 2017, 7:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Will this 2017 Team beat Auburn, Louisville, Virginia Tech, or Florida State?

Apr 8, 2017, 7:02 PM

Yes, yes yes and yes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will this 2017 Team beat Auburn, Louisville, Virginia Tech, or Florida State?

Apr 8, 2017, 7:04 PM

Yes on all 4 ! Why not?

Depends on how our QB plays imo. Who knows?*****

Apr 8, 2017, 7:03 PM

Realistically?

Apr 8, 2017, 7:13 PM

Of course it's possible but I don't think it's probable. Watson was a combination of an excellent pocket passer and a very mobile athlete. He had great pocket awareness and a beautiful touch put on the ball. I feel our QBs have elements of those but not the total package. 9-3 seems realistic to me. Yes we have a nasty defense BUT you have to have an offense that can help them out. I think the season after we'll be back in the playoffs.

I just think some on here are on a NC sugar high and think wins will just come naturally now. I think TL will give us multiple opportunities to win some more NCs.

I'm more worried about Auburn than I was since they got the

Apr 8, 2017, 7:15 PM

QB from Baylor. That is a game change for them. They had nobody that could score on us before that happened.

I think we will beat FSU at home. The Louisville and Virginia Tech games on the road will be very tough as will NC State on the road.

This is a national title caliber defense, but the offense is a question mark. If we go 10-2 in the regular season, that might be a great accomplishment. I definitely think we could grab a third national title during the Trevor Lawrence/Hunter Johnson and Xavier Thomas era, which means in the next four years.

Remember, it is going to be an adjustment for us fans if we're not in the national title game after two straight years, but just look at the big players other than Alabama.

Oklahoma, Florida State, Ohio State, Southern Cal, Miami, Texas, Notre Dame, Michigan all go many years between national titles. I think FSU's 1993 then again six years later in 1999 is among the shortest spans.

I do think we'll get #3 within the next 10 years. Until it comes, I plan to make the absolute most out of our newest 2016 national title. It's like getting a second green jacket, when most players never get one.

Ok thanks.

Apr 8, 2017, 7:23 PM

Great analysis. Just wanted some further insight since wasn't able to watch the game. Appreciate it.

I see 10-2 regular season (anything less I'll be disappointed anything more & I'll be happy!***

Apr 8, 2017, 8:09 PM

If i had to guess i would probably say we split them 2-2

Apr 8, 2017, 8:11 PM

3-1 in those games is possible, but would be pretty exceptional.

Apr 8, 2017, 8:16 PM

For what it's worth, I saw a little of FSU's spring game and it certainly didn't look better than ours.

Spring games are not a good measure i think.

Apr 8, 2017, 8:17 PM

I don't see why not this Tiger team is loaded

Apr 8, 2017, 8:22 PM

Yes yes yes maybe

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

QB play will determine our season

Apr 8, 2017, 8:27 PM

we have the rest of the pieces

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

only! And I'm serious when I say this!

Apr 8, 2017, 8:27 PM

Only if we score more points than each of those teams
Because...
Well

That's how you win..you are welcome.

Apr 8, 2017, 8:40 PM

I too feel we finish 10-2 or perhaps 11--1 with some plain luck. We could actually lose to Auburn, FSU, UL and or NCST if there are unexpected circumstances such as critical injuries, but who knows at this point?

I know we possess talent across the board, but much is unknown until we start the season. Veteran players are not always easy to replace so I am cautiously looking ahead to a solid season where we finish strongly.

Go Tigers!

Apr 8, 2017, 8:46 PM

From what i saw today, defense WILL be nasty. Our offense will be a heavy dose of running back and short passed until we get a comfortable Qb. Saw glimpses from each, but looked like Tucker was the better passer. All are athletic, Kelly can run it well. Just don't it over.

Agree ... will come down to QB play

Apr 8, 2017, 11:33 PM

Talent level & experience has dropped from 10 on 1-10 scale to 4-6 for at least Auburn game. Defense will have to bring Auburn game home. Too early to worry about FSU. Auburn is 1st game that counts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2017, 11:55 PM

Flat out. YES to all of the above new guy!
Until proven otherwise I have no reason to think Clemson will not compete in the playoffs for the 3rd consecutive year.
For those harping on our qb play.Well since everyone is measured by Bama I'd say our qbs will be better players than theirs and they are always in contention.Just saying.
GO TIGERS!! #1 Natty/National Champions!!
#whynotCUagainin2017

Apr 9, 2017, 12:38 AM

Auburn and FSU - yes

Louisville and Va Tech - certainly they are not better teams, the home field will mean something....but that's never bothered a Dabo-coached team so I'm saying...

4-0....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2017, 12:54 AM

Well, I'll comment on the FSU, only because I had their spring game on the TV and The Clemson game on the radio. From what I can see about FSU, Francios got sacked 5 times, still overthrowing in his 2nd year. Their running back replacement ( s) are stout- no Cook though, pretty good secondary. Biggest thing is, Francois in the medical tent in Clemson games...
Our Offense in that situation, it'll be worked out enough to win at home in Death valley IMO. Lamar Jackson in Louisville will be a test for sure, but again, our D-Line. Everyone's waiting on the concrete answers on offense, but it will reveal itself in time to make a better prediction for the future.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic