Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will the Panthers hate go away?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 2,438

Will the Panthers hate go away?

Apr 30, 2016, 10:25 PM

The butt hurt is strong. I love both teams and would throughly enjoy if a Clemson player was on Carolina's roster. But it doesn't mean Carolina Panthers management doesn't like Clemson players. It's a business, they draft and sign the best fits for their roster. A lot of good football players in the draft.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will the Panthers hate go away?

Apr 30, 2016, 10:41 PM

I agree. One thing that does puzzle me. I was in the Clemson dressing room a month or so ago and saw a display of all NFL teams and players from Clemson that have played on those teams. The Panthers didn't have anyone listed but I do remember Curtis Whitley starting at center for them in their early years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope. The hate is mine and I can keep it if I want to.

Apr 30, 2016, 10:49 PM

And there is no butt hurt. I just care a lot more for Clemson than I do the Panthers. I watched their first season in the valley. Lived outside Charlotte and went to many games. Now, I'll pull for Atlanta, Buffalo, New Orleans, etc.

In the NFC South, given the option of pulling for Cam Newton to score or for Vic Beasley to get a sack, it's always gonna be Vic.

Apr 30, 2016, 10:57 PM

They have made a deliberate effort to snub Clemson. I think (my opinion) it has not helped their cause, because we have had several players who could have helped them get to the apex. I hope they do not let their owner's obvious bias cost them and their team down the road. This is sad, because I have been in the home of their former GM, who is on our BOT and whose son is a Clemson Grad, and he seems to be very supportive of Clemson. Maybe it'sjut Jerry who has this phobia. I hope he gets over it, because it is costing them championships.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2016, 1:06 AM

people on here talk about them playing the first season in clemson but they forget the only reason they played in the valley was because USUC turned them down as first choice.......no love for the panthers here!

Jerry isn't picking personnel, lol...

May 1, 2016, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Will the Panthers hate go away? ]

Just bc the Jerry in Dallas gets all in the mix doesn't mean Richardson does. He hires people to do this. I think it's team scouts that shy away from Clemson when it's draft time. The way they write up the reports is where it happens.

May 1, 2016, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Will the Panthers hate go away? ]

It hurts their ticket sales and merch revenue to snub a great college program so geographically close to Charlotte. It is bad business, even if their choices make good football sense.

May 1, 2016, 12:11 PM

merch sales revenue is split between all NFL teams (except the cowgirls)

I highly doubt the panthers signing a 3rd string O-lineman will bring the Clemson faithful out to support.

No.... and that's okay......

Apr 30, 2016, 11:01 PM

That same formula they've used for years were there blueprint three straight division titles, and a super bowl appearance....

We'll be fine... we've just getting started....

GO TIGERS!!!!!

KEEP POUNDING!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as Scam Newton is the QB for the Panthers

Apr 30, 2016, 11:39 PM

I won't pull for them. I like many of their players (love Kuechly, Thomas Davis, etc.). However, Scam is a self-absorbed me person.

As long as Scam Newton is the QB for the Panthers

Apr 30, 2016, 11:39 PM [ in reply to No.... and that's okay...... ]

I won't pull for them. I like many of their players (love Kuechly, Thomas Davis, etc.). However, Scam is a self-absorbed me person.

Apr 30, 2016, 11:43 PM

I only dislike Newton . The rest of that team is alright in my book, top shelf ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

My hate will continue

May 1, 2016, 1:04 AM

They have passed on many a CU player and rarely sign a CU free agent... The whole concept of " Carolina" was it was a team for the Carolina's... I have never bought a ticket... And I also can't wait for the ACC Champ game to be moved........Charlotte is not collegiate friendly... Never will be

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't get past having supposed to like any North Carolina

May 1, 2016, 2:40 AM

team. I despise them all.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If panthers are judt business, why root for them

May 1, 2016, 1:44 AM

Its like rooting for GE to make their sales forecast, atleast then you could make some money.

Contrasted to other teams, the Panthers are a relatively

May 1, 2016, 6:15 AM

young team; thus, many pro fans in the Carolinas have had allegiances elsewhere for years.

Secondly, some South Carolinians haven't bought into the idea that the Panthers are a "Carolina's" team, given the stadium's location in Charlotte.

I suspect their lack of attention to Clemson or South Carolina players has been more of a business decision, although it seems odd they haven't wanted or needed some of the talent in the past few years. But Jerry Richardson is a lot smarter person than I, so I simply have to defer to his judgment.

I will add that I'd find it somewhat boneheaded and short-sighted for anyone within the Panthers' organization to hold any "grudges" against any program, particularly when and if they have need for a particular position represented well by that program.

As for me, though not a strong pro fan, I reckon I'll just keep on pulling for my bad, ole ...............................! lol

The notion that they are deliberately avoiding Clemson

May 1, 2016, 8:37 AM

players is ridiculous. If there's one thing that's always true about NFL organizations, it's that they ALWAYS prioritize the success of the organization over everything else. If there weren't social repercussions guys like Rice and Hardy would absolutely still be playing. The NFL execs don't really care, they aren't making some kind of moral stand, they are simply weighing the benefit the player would bring to the team vs the PR hit and distractions they would cause.

With that said, if the Panthers thought drafting a Clemson player was the best move for them, they would do it. Simple as that. They aren't sitting around saying "well this guy is really the best fit for our team but he's from Clemson so we aren't going to draft him."

22 years or so of drafting and not one Clemson

May 1, 2016, 8:53 AM

player selected? That's more than odd,especially considering we are roughly two hours apart. I do not generally buy into theories as this, but I do think there is something to this. They have clearly had needs in the last few years when we had guys available that could fill those rolls and they've chosen to pass each and every time.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Replies: 17
| visibility 2,438
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic