Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will stadium renovations be completed by the opener?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Will stadium renovations be completed by the opener?

Aug 12, 2015, 11:47 AM

I was in Clemson this past weekend and it seemed like a lot needs to happen in the next 3 weeks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will stadium renovations be completed by the opener?

Aug 12, 2015, 11:49 AM

The Doug will be done .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 12, 2015, 11:51 AM

I say it will not be 100% done but close enough to where it is "useable"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The biggest repair to the Doug occurred on June 4, 2015***

Aug 12, 2015, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Will stadium renovations be completed by the opener? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Aug 12, 2015, 12:21 PM

It will not. The brick veneer on the second level(bridge area) and some minor detail work(fencing, signage, etc.) will be incomplete but fans will have access to use the bridge and walk around the oculus.

Construction will continue during the week and especially over the two weeks leading up to the ND game. It will be crucial to have construction complete by then from a national exposure standpoint.

If both teams are undefeated at that point it will likely be a night game and be in the running for game day. Picture the camera shot from a blimp at night with the oculus lit up. Great debut and a great recruiting tool!

I'm licking my chops at the prospect, but...

Aug 12, 2015, 12:22 PM

could that be a reality?? Hard lessons learned from relying on contractors' time estimates.

Aug 12, 2015, 12:28 PM

We need to really take a look at the contractors we're hiring. In the time since last season, Texas A&M has built an entire half a football stadium during the Kyle Field expansion project, yet we can't finish something -be it the new baseball building (7 months behind schedule???) or the oculus (won't be done til halfway through the season) - on time to save ourselves. It's an embarrassment.

Rain hasn't helped.***

Aug 12, 2015, 12:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Aug 12, 2015, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Will stadium renovations be completed by the opener? ]

There are many possible reason for late finishes on construction projects but first let's look at the AnM project. They threw a ton of money at their goal.

There are many possible reasons Clemson's projects are 'behind.' Clemson may be working on a tighter budget. One reason could be that Clemson doesn't believe it has the extra money. Another is that Clemson is more frugal with it's money. Even some seemingly minor alterations to project during the construction phase requite extension contracts.

I never signed a change order without asking that it included an extension of time. 'If it's worth a dollar it's worth a day!' I don't know when the Oculus is scheduled to be complete but I know if it's substantially complete no one should whine.

If the baseball building is contracted to the same general it's possible all the forces are focused on the completion of the Oculus with the consent of owner, architect and contractor. All three of these entities are professional and in this thing together. To say that the wrong contractor was involved is to accuse the architect of being negligent in execution of selected bidders. To accuse the architect of being negligent is accusing the Clemson Administration of incompentence in selecting an architectural firm to represent it.

Point the finger is assigning blame which should not be done by anyone who lacks a full understanding of more than a superficial view.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic