Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will someone please explain this to me....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 3,660

Will someone please explain this to me....

Oct 28, 2013, 3:39 PM

I see a lof of:

"we need to worry about winning"

"we need to be more focused"

"we clearly aren't as good as we thought"

"our guys need to man up"

"our coaches need to do this _________"

I don't get it. Did I miss something? Did I miss a few losses? WTH is going on? We are ranked 8th in the nation with half a season left. There is only one 1-loss team ahead of us. We haven't lost to an unranked opponent in over 2 years. We are winning games that we dont play well in by double digits.

What am I missing?

Please don't give me this "if you can't see it" crap.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

If you can't see it

Oct 28, 2013, 3:40 PM

I can't help you

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

always one in the crowd***

Oct 28, 2013, 3:41 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

I stand by what I said

Oct 28, 2013, 3:43 PM

in addition to my computer

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

How many exactly is a "lof"?***

it's German for many's***

Ask a Sea Loin***

Oct 28, 2013, 6:13 PM [ in reply to How many exactly is a "lof"?*** ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

be patient...

there are still 4 more losses to FSU coming

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll take 11-1 and lose to fsu every year.

Oct 28, 2013, 10:29 PM

I will be happy, happy, happy!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think there are people still shell-shocked from

the FSU game.

null

Re:I'm still shell shocked from

Oct 28, 2013, 3:57 PM

WVU...

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Silver Lining=Venebales***

Oct 28, 2013, 3:58 PM

null

Re: Agreed***

Oct 28, 2013, 3:59 PM

If you've ever seen that family guy clip of Peter the

Oct 28, 2013, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Silver Lining=Venebales*** ]

strawberry, that's how I still feel about that game

Re: Will someone please explain this to me....

Oct 28, 2013, 3:42 PM

yt
as I have said many times some on here would "B" working in an ice cream plant tasting ice cream

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are ranked 8th in the nation with only 1/3 of the season left.***

Oct 28, 2013, 3:46 PM

null

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

many teams still have 7 games left though... but

Oct 28, 2013, 3:47 PM

I get your point ;)

Since the NCAA video games came out, people

Oct 28, 2013, 3:49 PM

started expecting 50+ point blowouts every week.

If it happens on Playstation why shouldn't it happen in real life?!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes and on games I'm having trouble with...

Oct 28, 2013, 3:50 PM

I substitute the other teams 2nd and 3rd stringers. Now I know NOT to play against Maryland.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NCSU Nov 19 2011. WVU #23 Jan4 2012***

Oct 28, 2013, 3:50 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

ok? what?***

Oct 28, 2013, 3:53 PM

We haven't lost to an unranked opponent in over 2 years

Oct 28, 2013, 3:54 PM

well within two years. I included WVU, well, for obvious reason. No 23 is barely in the ranked arena and well oh nevermind

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Re: We haven't lost to an unranked opponent in over 2 years

Oct 28, 2013, 11:58 PM

Your mother must have gave birth to you under water. The brain damage is clearly showing, or maybe it's the feathers.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well Hellooooooooo! We have been to a National Championship

Oct 28, 2013, 3:52 PM

Since 1981. I think we are a bit past due

If you can't see it, you didn't hear it.***

Oct 28, 2013, 3:53 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

If you can't think it, then its unthinkable******

Oct 28, 2013, 5:20 PM

the concerns are valid.....and are masked by our competition

Oct 28, 2013, 3:55 PM

until we play teams like an FSU

11-1 and sugar bowl are still definitely possible, but to act like "nothing is wrong" is just asinine

can it be fixed???......i don't know, coaches have been telling us that, but we haven't seen it yet

one thing is for sure there will be no gray area in this season

11-1 SUCCESS

10-2 FAILURE

it's just that simple......hopefully this team can start clicking on all cylinders

Re: the concerns are valid.....and are masked by our competition

Oct 28, 2013, 4:29 PM

Teams that win 10 or 11 games a year DO NOT need to be 'FIXED'!! Fans who think you can go undefeated every season need to be FIXED! There are hundreds of schools who would love to be in our position right now.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

HAHAHA......ok....

Oct 28, 2013, 4:40 PM

so, you've watched the BC game, FSU game, and maryland game and you're telling me we don't have issues that need fixed???????????

i never thought we would go undefeated i figured, considering our schedule we should go 11-1 w/ a loss to FSU..........and I'd be perfectly happy w/ that, but to ignore the issues we've had over this 3 game stretch is asinine.

and i don't know how many "football serious" schools would take being owned by their arch rivals 4 straight years, maybe 5........regardless of their record

Re: HAHAHA......ok....

Oct 29, 2013, 9:00 AM

You thought we would lose to FSU and go 11-1?

Then shut the f up until we lose again.

And stop calling Mickey whining about losing to the coots!

We have not played the coots yet. talk about asinine

You are the poster child of asinine

Oct 28, 2013, 4:32 PM

To me its the inability to just line up run the ball as well as an inability to stop the run. But our current record is good and I hope it continues.

Mary ran for 82 yds. Clemson had 236.

Oct 28, 2013, 5:16 PM

FSU ran for 121, Clem ran for 123.

BC ran for 94, Clem ran for 162.

Umm, you were saying?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mary ran for 82 yds. Clemson had 236.

Oct 28, 2013, 5:17 PM

FACTS? you're going to use FACTS? come on man...don't use FACTS :)

Oct 29, 2013, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Will someone please explain this to me.... ]

You don't keep up much do you SamIam

You must have not attended the FSU game?

Oct 28, 2013, 4:45 PM

Not playing up to our potential and beating Maryland and BC are one thing. Playing awful and getting embarrased on Saturday night by FSU is where the comments come from. We need to be more dominating to get our MOJO back and prove we are a top 5 team.

Oct 28, 2013, 5:10 PM

we have not played to our potential in 4 games this year.. NCSU, Fsu, BC and Mary...another effort like those will get us KILLED against Tech and the dirty c$$ts

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Starting to wonder ... what is our potential?

Oct 29, 2013, 12:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't disagree with any of that, and I don't know that

Oct 28, 2013, 5:17 PM

I've ever said any of those things, but I will repeat what I've said before:

I'm very happy with the wins, but not happy with the way we've played.

That is because if we continue to play like we have over the last 3 games as well as against NCST, we will not beat the coots, nor will we beat a good bowl opponent, and we may not beat GT.

I want to maintain or improve our #8 ranking; I want to maintain our streak against unranked teams. I want to beat the coots and win a big bowl against a highly ranked opponent. Based on the way we are playing of late, I'm not at all confident we will do those things.

Ultimately, winning IS all that matters, and I will be thrilled if we win, ugly or otherwise. I'm not interested in winning style points, but to the extent that how well you play is an indication of how good you really are and how likely you are to win going forward, I want us to play better than we have lately.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Unrealized potential...

Oct 28, 2013, 5:42 PM

I think we all thought our offense would improve year over year, running game and execution. Its just a frustrated sense of not playing our best and a foreboding that we won't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We've been looking bad against bad teams. We made BC think

Oct 28, 2013, 8:52 PM

thay had turned a corner, then they got beat by 1-5 UNC 34-10. Maryland got beat by Wake Forest 34-10 last week and then we made them look like they had turned a corner. MAryland, NC State, Boston College all leave our game thinking they are ready to make some noise only to get blown out the following week and see that they had not turned a corner, they had simply almost beaten a sluggish Clemson.

I appreciate the season the team is putting together and if they win 9 or 10 regular season games, I will not be disappointed, but we are not looking good.

In response to the OP...

Oct 28, 2013, 10:24 PM

York isn't missing anything. The fact is, every school has a few crybabies.....and they love the anonymity of the internet to whine. Talk to these ppl in person and they sing a different tune.

Re: In response to the OP...

Oct 29, 2013, 12:02 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiral_of_silence

People are less apt to express these opinions for fear of alienation. What's funny about this phenomenon is that the MAJORITY of fans can feel a certain way...but fail to express it because they perceive that they are in the MINORITY.

3 games...

Oct 29, 2013, 6:51 AM

12 turnovers.

If we turn the ball over to scar 4 times we will get 63-17ed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 42
| visibility 3,660
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic