Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will having an extra 2 days rest help us tonight
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,327

Will having an extra 2 days rest help us tonight

Feb 14, 2018, 1:02 PM

We last played on Thursday, at home.

FSU last played on Sat, @ Notre Dame.

Also, 2 of our last 3 have been at home and 3 of FSU's last 4 games have been on the road.

Is this enough to counter home court advantage?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You got a TU

Feb 14, 2018, 1:11 PM

Just for posting something about Clemson sports!

I hope so, id love to see another mens bb win. ND is a tough team to play in South Bend but they still had enough time to rest up. I would almost say is havig such a long layoff could hurt us since our shooting has been hot.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU has also played 2 overtime games

Feb 14, 2018, 1:19 PM

in the last month.

Here's to us finding our shots early and staying hot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with

Feb 14, 2018, 1:54 PM [ in reply to You got a TU ]

thollin, TU for you

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

This is HUGE game....

Feb 14, 2018, 1:41 PM

especially with Duke coming to Clemson on Sunday, and it would be great if the Tigers could pull-off a road win against a very good conference opponent.

FSU is 1-3 in their last four games and in desperate need of a win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Tonight will be difficult regardless, but.....

Feb 14, 2018, 2:00 PM

I think it helps in terms of fresh legs and continuing to get Sims, William, etc. more into the flow since they are playing more minutes.
I think it's hard to play a road game tired...so the layoff helps. It came at a good time from a schedule perspective.
In regards to the hot shooting...we all need to recognize that at some point Gabe is going to miss a couple and that we will need to find a way to win regardless.
But all that aside, @FSU is a tough road game. We will have to play well to win. Their advantage inside will be tough for us to deal with. And like every other team we play, I'm sure someone will get hot from 3. Hopefully we can play well and if it comes down to the last few minutes, that's good for us.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Therein lies the key IMO...

Feb 14, 2018, 2:07 PM

and that is their advantage inside.

If Thomas gets himself in foul trouble trying to defend Koumadge, it could turn into a long frustrating night for Clemson.

We absolutely MUST shoot well from the perimeter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Tonight's game would be a good time for Eli

Feb 14, 2018, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Tonight will be difficult regardless, but..... ]

to stop getting unnecessary fouls (the usual 2 illegal screen calls) and stay as close to out of foul trouble as possible---and that'll go for everyone else along Clemson's front line as well---FlaSt again has a huge team and the Tigers need to limit Seminole second shot opportunities

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

An FSU co-worker of mine was discussing this with me earlier

Feb 14, 2018, 4:33 PM

They have one of the worst defensive scoring teams (something like 81 ppg) and do not defend the 3 well at all because they're slow to rotate to the shooters.

Those two things should be very favorable for us tonight, in addition to the items you've mentioned.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,327
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic