Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: ESPN GameDay hosts disagree on whether the weather will affect Trevor Lawrence
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

TNET: ESPN GameDay hosts disagree on whether the weather will affect Trevor Lawrence

Nov 9, 2018, 5:03 PM

ESPN GameDay hosts disagree on whether the weather will affect Trevor Lawrence

It’s cold in the Boston area and supposed to be even colder Saturday night when No. 2 Clemson takes on No. 17 Boston College in a primetime ACC matchup. One GameDay host thinks the weather will affect the Tigers and play to the advantage of the host Eagles. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just saw David on F'baum's show and

Nov 9, 2018, 5:11 PM

He rather flipped the ######, to be honest. He told Paul that Clemson is the ONLY team that can play with Bama...and win. He thinks Trevor's only going to get better as he's shown the past month. He loves ETN. Paul asked how the wind would affect Trevor and David laughed...said Trevor throws harder than the wind can blow!

Pollack's really grown in his role and, while he's not bashful about taking a stance, this week, he's going along with the 'what if', but clearly, not with any conviction! LOL

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I keep forgetting that

Nov 9, 2018, 5:11 PM

S cript is a bad word here.

Re: I just saw David on F'baum's show and

Nov 9, 2018, 6:23 PM [ in reply to I just saw David on F'baum's show and ]

###### is considered to be a profane word on TNET?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Not a bad word, just lazy code***

Nov 9, 2018, 6:39 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I just saw David on F'baum's show and

Nov 9, 2018, 6:54 PM [ in reply to I just saw David on F'baum's show and ]

No different than an October HS game in SC-GA. We claw their feathers off.

The last I heard, high school football games are at night***

Nov 9, 2018, 5:12 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Meh. It'll be high 30s/low 40s. Not that cold.***

Nov 9, 2018, 5:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't be a worser environment than that stuffy loud dome in

Nov 9, 2018, 5:29 PM

Syracuse.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: ESPN GameDay hosts disagree on whether the weather will affect Trevor Lawrence

Nov 9, 2018, 5:35 PM

Game will be over by halftime....Clemson will more than likely have 21 pts and BC is not going to put 21 pts on Clemson....Clemson is a different team with TL over KB...Already bought my plane ticket, hotel and tickets to ACC Championship....

Message was edited by: usarmyshreve®

Did Pollack say that the weather will be an advantage becaus

Nov 9, 2018, 5:41 PM

our passing attack will be effected and BC doesn’t really have a passing attack, then say that the key toBC winning is having a passing attack?

null

Re: TNET: ESPN GameDay hosts disagree on whether the weather will affect Trevor Lawrence

Nov 9, 2018, 5:47 PM

If Esecpn didn’t hate on us they wouldn’t have a football show. They are always looking for some excuse to hate or downplay our success.

Remember Music City Bowl 2009....

Nov 9, 2018, 5:49 PM

...it was very similar conditions to this Saturday's forecast for Chestnut Hill. Music City Bowl was 32-35 deg F, windy and flurries. A vintage 2009 Tiger team had no trouble handling Kentucky. OK, yes, we did have CJ Spiller!

History says weather won't be a factor...I certainly think the vintage 2018 Tigers will still be able to carry out a beat down of BC!!

Those goobers are hoping and praying that Clemson slip-up...

Nov 9, 2018, 5:49 PM

so they can make an argument to get two $EC team in the CFP again.

Either that or they are trying to sell what they know is going to be another one-sided Clemson win.

Can they be any more obvious.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Those goobers are hoping and praying that Clemson slip-up...

Nov 9, 2018, 9:22 PM

So they can get 2 SEC schools in the playoffs again. ND is really messing up their party.

Will be High 30s during the game. Davis seems to get

Nov 9, 2018, 6:05 PM

that. It won’t be a factor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IF. Espn

Nov 9, 2018, 6:46 PM

Tells their viewers what's really going to happen in this game their ratings will drop and it's all about the ratings!

You know and I know many fans will not watch the second half. But the orange fans will!

hate to bust their bubble, but it

Nov 9, 2018, 6:39 PM

rains, has had cold rain and wind in Cartersville and Trevor played in it. He hasn't been in a bubble.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

News flash morons!!!!!!

Nov 9, 2018, 6:41 PM

Boston hasnt played in any cold weather yet this year either, because it hasnt been cold! So how exacy are they "used to it" again??? Also, Clemson isnt in South Florida, 30s and 40s are not frigid cold weather.Such a mindless, stupid argument.

Who knows, maybe he'll only pass for like 59 yards

Nov 9, 2018, 7:16 PM

We'd sure have trouble scoring points then!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Put Brice in, he'll score 40***

Nov 9, 2018, 7:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: Who knows, maybe he'll only pass for like 59 yards

Nov 10, 2018, 12:37 AM [ in reply to Who knows, maybe he'll only pass for like 59 yards ]

I see what you did there....

Nov 9, 2018, 7:40 PM

I’m here to tell y’all that it gets cold in Cartersville, Ga. Back when I coached and we had a playoff game there and it was COLD! TL has been in the playoffs every year while in high school and Cartersville is in the mountainous area of Ga. where I’m sure he has been exposed to cold weather. It kills me what these media pundits come up with to create headlines. TL will be fine and Clemson will win by more than Vegas is saying.

Nov 9, 2018, 8:22 PM

These guys don't know any more than we do about the outcome but I wouldn't bet against our Tigers!

Nov 9, 2018, 10:19 PM

Several years ago, maybe when T. Boyd was QB, we played a night game at VA Tech. It was cold and windy, and there was a freezing mist. We won. No problem. I don't know for sure, but I'm thinking that it won't be cold enough yet to make a huge difference in our game plan. Remember, these are young men, whose bodies are more resilient than some of us on Tnet. Go Tigers

Nov 9, 2018, 10:23 PM

Apparently they think it is only going to be cold on Clemson's side of the field.

Ask ND how the rain on their side of the field worked out.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2018, 10:37 PM

The game has to be played either in Clemson or Chestnut Hill.....

Looking at the "feels like" temps, it appears the first half will be about 10 degrees cooler in CH than in Clemson (high 20s). That gap drops a little in the second half to 8/9 degrees cooler in CH (mid 20s).

Winds are about 10 mph higher in CH (high teens). Clear in CH and Clemson and no precip either place. Low humidity....mid 50s.

With the low humidity I don't think an 8-10 degree difference between Clemson and CH is going to make any difference. I think I would welcome the cold after some of those hot games earlier this year.

Chestnut Hill

First Half: 38 degrees, feels like 28

Second Half: 36 degrees, feels like 26

Clear, Humidity 52%, 17-18 MPH Winds W, WSW, 0% chance of rain

Clemson

First Half: 40-42 degrees, feels like 38-39 degrees

Second Half: 37-38 degrees, feels like 34-35 degrees

Clear, Humidity 55%, 8 MPH Winds N, 0% chance of rain

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2018, 10:12 AM

Isn't it pitiful how ignorant ESPN anal-ists like Pollock and "Little Dessie Howard" are? Rece Davis and his crew picked against Clemson and lost again. Hey "Little Dezzie:" How does it feel to be completely wrong again???

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic