Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will Trump get the credit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Will Trump get the credit

Nov 16, 2020, 9:14 AM

for warp speed and putting people in the right places to produce a vaccine?

Now with 2 that are showing 90%+ effectiveness, he has delivered on his promise to have a vaccine at record pace.

Now I know he isn't the one truly making it happen, but his Administration is responsible for putting the program together.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will Trump get the credit

Nov 16, 2020, 9:23 AM

Is that a serious question? Of course he won’t get the credit.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that a serious question? Of course he won’t get the credit.

Lead. Follow. Or get out of the way.

Trump did the last thing, which is important. He could just have easily tweeted something disruptive, and may yet do so like he did in regard to NY.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2020, 9:25 AM

Nah...He convinced too many in his cult that masks are bad and that the virus is a hoax. He gets no credit for anything positive to do with the virus. Moreover, the vaccine was coming out the same speed with or without Trump.

Nov 16, 2020, 9:32 AM

There it is..... LOL.

Carlsbad the delusional never trumper. You should join the Lincoln project.

Of course you continue to take statements out of context from trump. He said The reaction to the virus is a hoax. Which it is

Your favorite, Fauci also said masks aren’t effective. I hope you are holding him to account as well!

Nov 16, 2020, 9:38 AM

I give Trump credit where credit is due, but definitely not when it comes to Trump and Covid. There are things where Trump has done a solid job. Covid has been a flop for Trump though.

Yup, he deserves bigly credit for the Vaccine

Nov 16, 2020, 10:32 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not taking a vaccine if Trump says it's good

Nov 16, 2020, 10:36 AM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2020, 10:44 AM

I think that he should get some but not a lot. As you suggested, others did the work. And i think that it will be human nature to disassociate the vaccine from Trump because he will not be President when we actually see it roll out.

I guess another way to put it is that any President would deserve a little credit for the vaccine, but circumstances will allow for Trump to get a little less than that.

BTW, reactionaries will see all of this as proof that everyone was out to get Donald Trump.

And once again, Obama would have been awarded the Nobel Prize for Medicine.***

Nov 16, 2020, 10:46 AM

null

Nov 16, 2020, 10:47 AM

To the extent federal funding helped, of course Trump deserves credit. Of course, it does cut against the popular but wrongheaded idea that government spending can't help solve problems.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure, but I don't remember any other President who

Nov 16, 2020, 10:52 AM

constantly demanded credit for every little thing while constantly placing blame on everyone else.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the Warp Speed program sped up the process in some way,

Nov 16, 2020, 11:32 AM

then yes. Whether thats financial incentives, removing red tape, whatever. If these companies would have made the vaccines in the same time with or without the program, then no. I don’t know the answer to that question because I haven’t researched it and don’t care to, but that would decide it for me. Just because Trump happens to be president when the vaccine came out doesn’t mean he deserves credit. But if a program his administration created sped up the process in some way, yes he should.

Welp, let's take a look.

Nov 16, 2020, 11:42 AM

The US is presented with the worst pandemic in modern times, or at least our lifetime. The POTUS says we need to get a vaccine quickly and x, y, and z can be done to help. And does that. Excellent. Credit? I mean, I guess. But like, isn't that what he's supposed to do? Your kid graduates high school. You give them "credit" for that? Not me, that's what they are supposed to do.

I think where Trump does Trump and alienates a big segment of society is when he says all the ######## he says about cleaning products, downplaying the severity of the virus, ignoring science, etc. THEN it's asked if he gets credit? Imagine your kid stirring up stuff at school all the time and being a controversial bunghole for 4 years. A divisive and rebellious character. Kid graduates. Credit? How about just NAW that's what you were supposed to do. You just weren't supposed to be an arsehat. NOW LEAVE and take that shat elsewhere.

JMO.

I agree, and that relates to my reply.

Nov 16, 2020, 1:47 PM

Trump seems to need credit for everything, even when he does the bare minimum. Or nothing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2020, 11:44 AM

Does Trump get the credit for a vaccine developed in a German medical start-up in Mainz by a pair of Turkish immigrants whose parents were guest workers...as part of project "Lightspeed"...that incidentally had absolutely no connection whatsoever to the US government's "Operation Warp Speed"?

Hmm. Get back to you on that.

they got 1.9 billion from the US for vaccine developement

Nov 16, 2020, 6:52 PM

Pfizer has distanced itself from Mr. Trump and Operation Warp Speed. In an interview on Sunday, Kathrin Jansen, a senior vice president and the head of vaccine research and development at Pfizer, said, “We were never part of the Warp Speed,” adding, “we have never taken any money from the U.S. government, or from anyone.”

On Monday, a spokeswoman for Pfizer clarified that the company is part of Operation Warp Speed as a supplier of a potential coronavirus vaccine.

Although it’s true that Pfizer and BioNTech had been working on a vaccine all year before the companies struck their deal with the U.S. government in July, a $1.95 billion deal is nevertheless a significant incentive to keep going. In fact, international health organizations have long used such market guarantees to encourage for-profit manufacturers to supply vaccines to the developing world.

Message was edited by: henry®

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The $1.9B is a purchase agreement for 100,000,000 doses

Nov 16, 2020, 7:50 PM

not funding for R&D.

The truth is that Pfizer didn’t receive any funding from Operation Warp Speed for the development, clinical trial and manufacturing of the vaccine. Rather, its partner, BioNTech SE, has received money -- from the German government..

Berlin gave the German company $445 million in an agreement in September to help accelerate the vaccine by building out manufacturing and development capacity in its home market.

What the U.S. did, meanwhile, was commit to buying hundreds of millions of vaccines in advance to ensure Americans were among the first in line if it clinches an emergency-use authorization or approval from the FDA. The Trump administration agreed in July to pay almost $2 billion for 100 million doses, with an option to acquire as many as 500 million more, once that clearance comes..

Operation Warp Speed is credited with speeding along several other vaccine programs, including one from Moderna Inc. that uses similar technology to Pfizer’s and could produce trial data later this month. The Trump administration’s rapid-vaccine operation, led by the Health and Human Services Department, the Defense Department, and other agencies, could well prove to be the reason many Americans get a vaccine in 2021, even if it’s not made by Pfizer."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-11-09/pfizer-vaccine-s-funding-came-from-berlin-not-washington

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let’s make a deal: Credit for extra 100,000+ dead & vaccine

Nov 16, 2020, 12:33 PM

Both are somewhat absurd.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2020, 3:36 PM

I thought Covid was a hoax.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In so much as someone gets credit for doing his job - then

Nov 16, 2020, 3:53 PM

yes. (Although I don't give folks credit for doing the minimum expected of them.)

However, it will be interesting to see if the Democrats (or the media) try to make it seem like it didn't involve Trump at all (which would be wrong).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic