Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will Trevor win a Heisman?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,616

Will Trevor win a Heisman?

Dec 3, 2018, 10:14 PM

He probably has 2 years. He can put his name more on the national map with good performances in the playoffs coming up and set himself up for discussion next season. Then really be one of the favorites in his junior year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will Trevor win a Heisman?

Dec 3, 2018, 10:22 PM

Trevor can legitimately win 2 Heismans.

Dec 3, 2018, 10:24 PM

He could be the favorite next year if Tua wins it this year. They're reluctant to give repeats to begin with and honestly the look that goes along with the hair creates a certain mystique to build his heisman brand.

sounds silly but the look and mystique

Dec 4, 2018, 9:46 AM

Actually does play a factor

If he wins the natty as a true freshman

Dec 3, 2018, 10:27 PM

he'll lead bell-to-bell for the Heisman in 2019, just like Tua

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Dec 3, 2018, 10:45 PM

I think it’s possible for Trevor and ET to be 1/2 in the heisman voting if they don’t pick a perfect player in August

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

#We2Deep***

Dec 3, 2018, 10:48 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've given up.... No faith at all in selection process

Dec 3, 2018, 10:48 PM

When 10 percent of votes are cast before end of regular season AND the trophy is presented before the natty game you know it's a rigged system.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've given up.... No faith at all in selection process

Dec 3, 2018, 10:55 PM

They typically annoint someone off of the bowl games if they were outstanding and then promote that person all year as the best. I hope Trevor shows everyone what a freshman QB can do and he is the one they are talking about in August

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

He's got the tools, but I can't help but think these Tiger

Dec 3, 2018, 11:19 PM

kids are far more focused on just winning. Period. Top goal. The way we're still building depth at QB and beyond, TL might not get the necessary snaps to post the video game numbers that turn voters on, nor our RB's, or WR's. We 2 Deep. But winning titles...

Trevor has been logging some serious minutes down the stretch and that is absolutely a Dabo move - wearing him down physically and mentally late in games to close out the season, getting back in drive after drive, going the distance. That's what this next tournament is all about. Two giant games 9 days apart.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All he needs to do is hurdle a Syracuse player and

Dec 4, 2018, 9:51 AM

put up 600 yards passing on Charlotte.

The Heisman is a sham.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Dec 4, 2018, 9:59 AM

Yes

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2018, 10:02 AM

Likely but he would be looking for his third natty at that point with two confirmed rings.

Here is the problem with Clemson players and Heisman

Dec 4, 2018, 10:06 AM

Clemson has now risen to a level that allows Dabo to play 2nd/3rd/4th strings in most every game Clemson plays. I love that everyone gets to play, but that hurts the numbers of our stars like Travis ETN and TL16. They just cannot put up video game numbers necessary because the TEAM is just too good and their numbers will not be as good as they could be.

DW4 deserved the trophy, but Lamar got it due to putting up video game numbers... mostly against crappy defenses. Watson not winning let me know that the Heisman is not about anything more than huge numbers no matter the timing or competition.

Now, ETN put up 21 rushing TD's this year which is incredible, but Clemson had 45 rushing TD's this year which means ETN did not even get half that number. His yardage takes a big hit when you have 4 really good running backs that want and deserve to play. ETN is the best running back in the country, my opinion but that is backed by solid facts and video.

Trevor had a monster freshman season! But again, with him playing only 65-70% of snaps it is hard to put up huge numbers that the Heisman folks like to see. Chase will see a lot of action next year as he should, he is a heckuva player and I was really impressed with his ability and the way he progressed through the year. I foresee Trevor putting number such as this next year based on playing time I expect him to get - 33 TD's, 3,400 yards, 6 INT's, 70% of snaps. He is REALLY GOOD!! Someone will hit 40+ TD's, 4,000+ yards, win games 54-49 due to no defense and player getting 90% + percent of snaps. Heisman is mostly about numbers and a little about winning, not likely to happen with SOOOO much talent at Clemson.

Dabo believes in team, team wins not individuals and I LOVE that about Dabo. The Heisman is a prestigious award of course, but Clemson is bigger than the one individual player. I hope we play every available player every single game because that is what makes Dabo and this team so awesome. The Heisman is truly meaningless in the grand scheme of things, it has no value to be honest. They are a LOT of great players in college football all over the country. My preference as a fan is to take National Championships and build another Oculus, and then another Oculus, to house the College Football Championship Trophy!!!

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,616
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic