Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will TL play enough during the season to garner a Heisman?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,471

Will TL play enough during the season to garner a Heisman?

Apr 8, 2019, 10:39 AM

We may blow out a lot of teams and he may be done by the 2nd or 3rd quarter in most games.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will TL play enough during the season to garner a Heisman?

Apr 8, 2019, 10:41 AM

Personally, I would rather have us win the national Championship again!

Apr 8, 2019, 10:49 AM

Yes. Even if he plays into the early 3rd quarter on average it will be enough. That means he put up huge numbers in the first half.

Probably not

Apr 8, 2019, 10:51 AM

since Heisman voters obviously don't know squat.

Re: Probably not

Apr 8, 2019, 10:54 AM

I think they have already given it to TL in their minds. It's his to lose and the season hasn't even started.

Apr 8, 2019, 11:02 AM

In order for him to be out early, we will need a lot of points.

His biggest competition to winning the Heisman or not is likely one of 3 things: Tua, ETN stealing first half TDs/yards before both are taken out, or another QB with a terrible defense that gets to put up monster numbers for 4 quarters.

Kyler Murray won the Heisman last year mostly because he was never removed from a game because his defense was so terrible. He had to put up 50 points just to win.

Tua very nearly won it last year while barely playing

Apr 8, 2019, 11:04 AM

in the 2nd half in many of Bama's games. It's absolutely possible.

Apr 8, 2019, 11:12 AM

I've said plenty of times on T-Net that the Heisman is a hyped-up bunch of nothing. Read the history behind it if you want a big laugh.

As Dabo has said - if DW4 didn't win at least ONE, ain't NO Clemson player ever gonna win.

I doubt, and I hope, neither Trevor nor Dabo cares if Lawrence wins a Heisman. Another National Championship Trophy is FAR more important.

Apr 8, 2019, 11:14 AM

I don't think Clemson will ever win a Heisman trophy. We blow too many teams out and Dabo will never risk a player's health for an award. Maybe if we got a lot of guys banged up on defense and teams could hang around by scoring some points on us then maybe Trevor has a shot.

Honestly that award is useless now anyway. Would I be happy for Trevor or ETN to win the award yes but championships are what matters.

Apr 8, 2019, 1:21 PM

I was thinking about this Sat, I told my wife I bet Case has around 15 TDS this season. I say TL will have about 3500 yards and 40 TDs through the ACCCG. The Tigers will break the scoreboard this season.

Apr 8, 2019, 1:30 PM

TL’s quality of play will be high enough to win the Hesiman but the question is who will be the media darling that they throw all their support behind to win it? The media makes pre-season and early season picks as who the favored winner will be and then they promote that selection for the remainder of the season to prove themselves right.

Apr 8, 2019, 1:42 PM

I'm sure TLaw will play enough, and his performances will be of a high enough level to deserve the Heisman (and any other awards that are knocking about). Whether he will get it or not is another matter. The voters will probably give it to a QB or RB of lesser quality, who somehow becomes the media darling of next season.

I'm doubt TLaw will care, and would much rather win another Natty. If you're the type of person who cares about individual awards then you shouldn't play Football, take up golf or tennis instead.

Of course.***

Apr 8, 2019, 1:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,471
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic