Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will Putnam explanation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 4,729

Will Putnam explanation

Dec 20, 2018, 6:46 PM

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet but here you go.

"Again, it was a really tough process. Coming down to it, these past few days, it was really tough. I was kind of flipping almost ever hour. 'I'm gonna go to Clemson, I'm gonna go to Florida State.' It was flipping like that every hour. But it really came down to who I was as a person and what my goals are. When you think about Clemson, there's no speculation with Clemson, no guessing, you know know exactly what you're getting into with their system that's proven and it works every time. I really wanted to be part of something great like that, and I felt like I could be a major contributor even to something that's been that good so far.

"I think the clarity came when I realized there is no better place for someone like me to be. A wise man once told me, 'If you want to be a millionaire, you've got to hang out with millionaires.' If you want to be the best, you have to hang around the best.

"And Clemson has a great d-line. I really like the guys coming in on the d-line, too. That benefits me because I'll be working against the best. I think if I'm around tough competition, it'll only make me excel."

On Clemson's staff: "I think coach Swinney played a big part. And the thing about Clemson, a lot of what they did in recruiting me, was almost like not even doing much if that makes any sense. Their players really sell their program, being able to talk to them and see how they're normal, cool dudes. That starts with coach Swinney, who has set the culture of everything. And I don't think he's going anywhere. It's a very stable program right now. Coach Caldwell is a very confident and knowledgeable coach. Coach Elliott and coach Scott helped a lot, too, making sure I felt comfortable and at home."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Iron Sharpens Iron" As many will say.

Dec 20, 2018, 6:56 PM

Go TIgers!

smart kid. awesome pick up for the tigers!

Dec 20, 2018, 7:30 PM

The road grader I've been hoping for. I hope he plays with a nasty edge

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: smart kid. awesome pick up for the tigers!

Dec 20, 2018, 8:10 PM

Watch film on him. You will see the edge your are looking for, down right nasty nasty.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apparently Auburn wasn’t in it-at least at the end. He certainly said the right things.

Dec 20, 2018, 7:33 PM

I like that he sounds like he wants to come work. With an attitude like that he’ll get playing time next year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will Putnam explanation- good logic on his decision

Dec 20, 2018, 7:48 PM

I'm not sure I would have been that attuned and logical at that age

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will Putnam explanation

Dec 20, 2018, 8:07 PM

You made the best decision of your life Will. No better coach/ coaches than Dabo and his staff. Can't wait to see you dominate the offensive line. Glad to have you

Go Tigers! Beat ND!

Replies: 6
| visibility 4,729
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic