Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will Herbstreit be reprimanded by ESPN for his not so
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Will Herbstreit be reprimanded by ESPN for his not so

Sep 18, 2013, 7:48 AM

flattering remarks about the SEC bandwagon behavior of the member schools and their fans? I know they would never do anything like make him sign something that he won't comment on the conference anymore...no reputable media outlet would do anything like that. But he might get a good talking to reminding him of ESPN's mission statement when it comes to their coverage of college football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes, it occurred recently ..

Sep 18, 2013, 8:19 AM

In a ceremony similar to the one from Temple of Doom, ole Herbs was put on triple secret probation yesterday. His eyes were stapled open as he endured a viewing of sec highlights late into the night.

He was then forced to run naked through an okra field while reciting Mississippi's "Hottie tottie lord a mighty" while Rocky top was being played at 140 decibals.
Later he was forced to polish 5th place rings while wearing a respirator attached to a tank filled with beer breathe air from various sec campuses. R. Lee Ermey was on hand to threaten castration if the shameful broadcaster didn't polish to standard.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link / What did he say?

Sep 18, 2013, 9:13 AM

What did he say and when? I tried to google it but all the SEC fanboy blogs have the top spots on the search results saying "Herbstreit hates the SEC...blah, blah, blah".

What was the quote or can you link to the article?

Thanks

It happened on a show called Herd and Herb.

Sep 18, 2013, 9:26 AM

I'll paraphrase this from memory and if anybody has the quote why the helll didn't you C&P it before I got up this morning.

"When an SEC team wins everybody in the SEC celebrates (waves the flag). If they are going to celebrate the wins they should suffer the losses like Tennessee suffered at the hand of Oregon."

My message to Herbie, ESPiN started this chit. Why you blaming the ignorant, inbred maroon of the SEC when it's something you started and perpetuated for a decade or more?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because mocking them moves the needle now.

Sep 18, 2013, 9:52 AM

Ratings are all anything at ESPN is about.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Linky

Sep 18, 2013, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Link / What did he say? ]

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1267641&tstart=30

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Thanks

Sep 18, 2013, 9:54 AM

Thanks. appreciate it. I texted my buddy, who is a UGA fan, after we beat them, and said "so all of the teams in the SEC are taking a loss for that one right? only makes sense, seeing how they all take credit for a win anytime an SEC team beats anybody?" ... he replied and said "only works for the win column"

This run of SEC championships, somewhat augmented by the BCS framework, will come to an end soon (this year I think), and we have a golden opportunity to be the ones holding the torch while the so-called "empire" burns.

Funny how people have such short-term memory due to the recent ESPN-SEC partnership and the rising emphasis on conference affiliation. Take a look at a list of past national champions. Does anyone remember ANYTHING that even resembled "conference boasting" when FSU was so hot, Nebraska and Oklahoma were in their heyday, etc? I sure don't.

If we do end up winning it all this year, or sometime in the near future, I hope that we all remember that we represent Clemson, no one else.

This conference affiliation deal has come about just as

Sep 18, 2013, 10:20 AM

college football has become more popular. It is something those fringe fans need. The "die hard" fans of some of these schools with no tradition have grabbed on to this because they have nothing else.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will Herbstreit be reprimanded by ESPN for his not so

Sep 18, 2013, 9:18 AM

Yeah I think they are going to revoke his sausage contract! :)

Gotta love Herbie for this

Sep 18, 2013, 9:49 AM

Hopefully all of his coworkers jump on ship since he knows more than all of them!

They may have a exclusive deal with the SEC

Sep 18, 2013, 10:15 AM

but there are only 3, maybe 4, REAL money makers in the conference (Bama, LSU, Florida, Georgia). There are only a few hundred thousand fans that follow that league. Then you have the ACC, B1G, Big 12, etc who have fans in the millions.
The SEC may be a big money maker for EsecPN, they still ahve the other conferences to worry about. Someone on that network has to show some kind of support for the other guys. The SEC contract couldn't support the entire network by itself.

I feel like Herbstreit was hired because he is a calm,rational, level headed guy. He gives credit where credit is due. When he sees good football, he commends it, when he's sees bad football, he criticizes it. While all the other talking heads a having ####### over the SEC hype, Herbstreit tends to call it how he sees it, which means he usually give a lot of credit to the accomplishments of other teams.
Since he is the ONLY person on ESPN that puts the SEC in an honest light and keeps his head on straight, I predict that he will be in sports casting a long time. When the SEC loses its power and stops being a money making machines, these idiots who rant and rave about the SEC being god-tier, unbeatable, above NFL quality teams will get thrown out the door.
Mark May, Mark Schlabaugh, David Pollack, and all the others who worship the SEC will be gone. No one will want to hear about a hasbeen powerhouse. But, Herbstreit,who is making friends with these other fanbases for giving them the credit they deserve, will stick around.

So no, he wont get reprimanded. He may have fostered some disagreement, but he calls it how he sees it.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic